Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tiguan Subwoofer

Vehicles
      09 VW Tiguan SE, 02 VW Eurovan MV, 84 VW Rabbit GTI, 72 VW Super Beetle
      04-17-2012 02:17 PM #36
      for the remote you could tap off a 12v oultet, in out 2009 Tig it is a switched power source.

2. 04-18-2012 12:06 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by 84GTi Guy View Post
      for the remote you could tap off a 12v oultet, in out 2009 Tig it is a switched power source.
      12v outlet?

Vehicles
      2009 Tiguan SE 4Mo White Gold
      05-08-2012 12:15 PM #38
      subscribes

Vehicles
      '12 VW Tiguan SE 4Mo Nav&Sun
      05-11-2012 11:29 PM #39
      I ordered a Rockford fosgate shallow mount 10" sub and a kicker mono amp. I'm doing a custom box under the panel in the back. I'll take pics and update this thread (should be by this time next week). I'm using a line out converter and keeping the factory equipment, just adding to it.

5. 05-13-2012 01:03 PM #40
      I have two KEF 8 inch 4ohm woofers if anyone is interested. I'd like $50 for the pair.

Vehicles
      06-08-2012 05:12 PM #41
      In case anyone cares, I finished this project. Here are pictures below, let me know if you want more information on how I did it.

Custom box with a shallow mount Rockford Fosgate RSSD2 sub, sounds really great (when used at the appropriate level, meaning no one outside the car knows its there!)

The panel that goes over was custom fabricated by me, using 3/4" MDF.

Protective cover lets the sub breathe and I can still load items on top of it.

Vehicles
      06-09-2012 11:13 AM #42
      Nice!

Where did you put your amps?

Vehicles
      06-09-2012 06:41 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Vaughn View Post
      Nice!

Where did you put your amps?
      If you look close you can see it behind the sub box and the spare tire, closer to the cabin side. I still have room for pairs of athletic shoes and other small items underneath which is nice. Much better use of space than that bulky Styrofoam they had in there from the factory.

Vehicles
      08-23-2012 12:30 AM #44
      Bumping for more posts. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a sub set up but I am still uncertain which is the best route to go. Under floor, custom box, side panels with a 10, side panels with two 6" each, powered sub, a simple tube, etc, etc, etc,

I'd love to hear more as this money is burning a hole in my pocket and the Premium Sound 7 is burning a hole in ear drums!

Vehicles
      08-23-2012 12:39 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Vaughn View Post
      Bumping for more posts. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a sub set up but I am still uncertain which is the best route to go. Under floor, custom box, side panels with a 10, side panels with two 6" each, powered sub, a simple tube, etc, etc, etc,

I'd love to hear more as this money is burning a hole in my pocket and the Premium Sound 7 is burning a hole in ear drums!
      I am extremely happy with my setup. The one change I will make in the future is to "pretty" up my top panel by fabricating it from a hard wood panel (oak, fir, cedar, etc), and then fabricating a plexiglass cover with stainless steel rivets to hold it in place over the speaker. With my setup, I didn't sacrifice any usable storage space. I couldn't figure out any other option to maintain the storage space. My setup cost about $450 for everything.

Vehicles
      08-23-2012 07:59 PM #46
      Cool, glad you like it! Nothing wrong with prettying up either. I actually am leaning towards just getting a slim box and sticking it in corner of the trunk for now, and deal with asthetics when I have the time and money.

Sent from the Droiiiiid!

12. 04-28-2013 05:41 PM #47
      I figured I 'd add my 2 cents to this thread. Just received one of the first Tiguan boxes from Uber Stealth audio. Very happy with it!

Interior volume is in the .7 to .8 cu ft area. I would Highly recommend the Rockford Fosgate Punch P3S Shallow subs for this box. I would bet their cheaper "Prime" shallow subs would also sound great.

Nik delivered a great product that fits beneath the floor of the factory Tiguan (I removed the little latch mechanism on the bottom of the floor).

http://www.uberstealthaudio.com
      Last edited by cj3hockey; 04-28-2013 at 08:12 PM.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2009 Tiguan
      04-28-2013 09:53 PM #48
      I like that box how much was it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      2009 Tiguan

14. 04-29-2013 03:44 AM #49
      Hi there nice install with the custom sub enclosure. Would the original hinged cover have fitted over that custom enclosure?
      2011 Candy White 2.0 TDI 170 DSG R Line | Leather | Pan Roof | Bi-Xenons with AFS | RNS 510 | Park assist & Rear camera | MDI | Bluetooth | Winter Pack | Convenience Pack | 20" TTRS Wheels | Caractere Grill | LED Tail lamps | Front & Rear Footwell lights | Mirror Puddle Lights | LED Door Puddle & Warning Lights | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Mood Lighting | More to come.....

15. 04-29-2013 12:01 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by brianteel View Post
      I like that box how much was it?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
      Cost depends on what options you get (carpet, liquid sound deadener, etc.). Lead time is about a month from payment to shipping.

Contact Nik Brewer directly either through the website ( http://www.uberstealthaudio.com) 'contact us' tab, or try sales@uberstealthaudio.com.
      Last edited by cj3hockey; 04-29-2013 at 02:22 PM.

16. 04-29-2013 12:06 PM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Naresh View Post
      Hi there nice install with the custom sub enclosure. Would the original hinged cover have fitted over that custom enclosure?
      The original hinged cover is in place below my Gorilla Gear mat. I think it is contacting one part of the box causing the floor to not sit perfectly flush at the moment.

I will try to find an extra 1/4 inch or so by shimming the hinge mechanisms on the floor. I did need to remove the little slide latch on the back of the floor that is meant to hold it open.

As it is right now is very good, I just need to tweak that last little bit of fit.
      Last edited by cj3hockey; 04-29-2013 at 12:08 PM.

17. 04-29-2013 05:44 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by cj3hockey View Post
      The original hinged cover is in place below my Gorilla Gear mat. I think it is contacting one part of the box causing the floor to not sit perfectly flush at the moment.

I will try to find an extra 1/4 inch or so by shimming the hinge mechanisms on the floor. I did need to remove the little slide latch on the back of the floor that is meant to hold it open.

As it is right now is very good, I just need to tweak that last little bit of fit.
      Thanks for the pics. I've been contemplating contacting Nik with some questions. Did you have to send in any measurements or info regarding the foam cutout around the spare?

18. 04-29-2013 07:00 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by enojado View Post
      Thanks for the pics. I've been contemplating contacting Nik with some questions. Did you have to send in any measurements or info regarding the foam cutout around the spare?
      He made the prototype based on foam from a fwd Tiguan. Mine is AWD so I confirmed the part # on my foam (which was the same).

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan, 1982 Alfa Spider, Cannondale R700
      04-30-2013 04:42 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by brian81 View Post
      Nik's site seems to be down.

Nice, but I'd be worried about that tire off-gassing and stinking up the car... would need a cover!
      CLICK HERE to vote for my LEGO Front Loader Garbage Truck project on LEGO Ideas!

Vandelay Industries - Specializing in Latex since 1992.

20. 04-30-2013 06:07 PM #55
      I use a bazooka. I have a dynaudio w a bazooka 10" it has its own amp, performs well, and has for years. It does take up trunk space but it comes out easily when I need to.

21. 05-01-2013 05:20 AM #56
      I figured I 'd add my 2 cents to this thread. Just received one of the first Tiguan boxes from Uber Stealth audio. Very happy with it!

Interior volume is in the .7 to .8 cu ft area. I would Highly recommend the Rockford Fosgate Punch P3S Shallow subs for this box. I would bet their cheaper "Prime" shallow subs would also sound great.

Nik delivered a great product that fits beneath the floor of the factory Tiguan (I removed the little latch mechanism on the bottom of the floor).

http://www.uberstealthaudio.com
      Hi there with the boot cover on does the sub breathe ok and does it sound any worse than with the cover off? Just wondering as that 10 inch sub is going to pushing a lot of air when in operation so wondered if a set up like that wouldn't cause vibration in the cover.
      2011 Candy White 2.0 TDI 170 DSG R Line | Leather | Pan Roof | Bi-Xenons with AFS | RNS 510 | Park assist & Rear camera | MDI | Bluetooth | Winter Pack | Convenience Pack | 20" TTRS Wheels | Caractere Grill | LED Tail lamps | Front & Rear Footwell lights | Mirror Puddle Lights | LED Door Puddle & Warning Lights | Eibach Pro-Kit Springs | Mood Lighting | More to come.....

Vehicles
      05-01-2013 10:06 AM #57
      Hi there with the boot cover on does the sub breathe ok and does it sound any worse than with the cover off? Just wondering as that 10 inch sub is going to pushing a lot of air when in operation so wondered if a set up like that wouldn't cause vibration in the cover.
      That was my concern when I put mine in. Thats why I made my floor panel open with the piece over the top, a couple inches above. It actually disperses the subwoofer's sound really well so I've been happy with it. I only got the cheaper Rockford Prime series and i've been very happy with it.

23. 05-01-2013 05:00 PM #58

With the tailgate open and the music loud, the cover vibrates a bit. However, I can't hear any vibrations at all when I'm driving around just listening to music.

As a temporary setup before my Stealth box arrived, I used the same amp and was running a big 12" in a box behind the seat. This Fosgate 10" and stealth box is very close to that 12" (I did have to turn the Bass settings up a bit on my LC2i), and I have 100% of my cargo space.

24. 05-01-2013 05:03 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by C Jayhawker View Post
      That was my concern when I put mine in. Thats why I made my floor panel open with the piece over the top, a couple inches above. It actually disperses the subwoofer's sound really well so I've been happy with it. I only got the cheaper Rockford Prime series and i've been very happy with it.
      Good to hear! I actually almost went with a Prime also (my Punch was delayed in shipping). My punch is dual 2ohm VC's wired so I have a single 4ohm load.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Golf tuned then imploded, 12 Tiguan
      06-26-2013 04:05 PM #60
      Has anyone considered adding the Tang Band 6 x 9's under the rear seat area? Just to fill in the bottom end that is MIA...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-837

Vehicles
      06-27-2013 02:25 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by rabstg View Post
      Has anyone considered adding the Tang Band 6 x 9's under the rear seat area? Just to fill in the bottom end that is MIA...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=264-837
      From what I remember, there is very little space under the rear seats so I highly doubt any speakers would fit without excessive modification. Plus the seats slide so there needs to be nothing in the way in case you decide to move the seats up for extra cargo space.

We got subwoofers to fill in the bottom end, and that seems to be the most practical add-on

27. Member
      Vehicles
      01 Golf tuned then imploded, 12 Tiguan
      07-01-2013 01:14 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by C Jayhawker View Post
      From what I remember, there is very little space under the rear seats so I highly doubt any speakers would fit without excessive modification. Plus the seats slide so there needs to be nothing in the way in case you decide to move the seats up for extra cargo space.

We got subwoofers to fill in the bottom end, and that seems to be the most practical add-on
      Thanks for the reply.

The TB 6 x 9 kinda sorta is a sub-woofer(Link provided above)...

With an fs of 35Hz and XMAX of 7.5mm and the aprox surface area of an 8" a pair of them would be roughly equal to a single 12" woofer and take up ZERO usable space.

I was hoping to see if there was any usable air space space under the rear seats and see if anyone had been in there to see if there was equipment / parts that would prevent the use of that space.

It is my wife's vehicle and she gets upset when I dissemble it so I figured I'd ask before I tore into it.
      Last edited by rabstg; 07-01-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Vehicles
      My baby: 1995 Corrado 2.9 VR (OBD2), My daily: 2014 CC R-Line, Wife's ride: 2010 Tiguan S 4Motion
      12-22-2013 09:16 PM #63

I went to their site, and don't see the Tig box on their list. Do you know if they still make them?
      Corrado Autobiography
      Past German cars owned: 1970 BMW 2002, 1987 VW Fox sedan, 2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2003 VW Passat wagon, 2013 VW CC Sport
      Past non-German cars owned: 1990 Toyota Corolla, 1998 Honda Civic EX, 2002 Subaru Outback

29. 12-23-2013 05:45 PM #64
      I went with a JL compact sub (has a slot port) so that it would take up minimal space in the cargo area. I have tried a 12" sealed sub (which does sound better), but it can be a bit overpowering at times and it also takes up too much space. I am shopping around for a couple other options at the moment.

Vehicles
      2014 VW
      12-24-2013 04:33 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by RadoCC View Post
      I went to their site, and don't see the Tig box on their list. Do you know if they still make them?
      Yeah he still makes them, and he has a sale on them right now:
      http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183850

Vehicles
      My baby: 1995 Corrado 2.9 VR (OBD2), My daily: 2014 CC R-Line, Wife's ride: 2010 Tiguan S 4Motion
      12-24-2013 09:34 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
      Yeah he still makes them, and he has a sale on them right now:
      http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=183850
      I was going to pull the trigger on this, but Nik said my subwoofer is too deep. I'd rather not buy a new one.
      Corrado Autobiography
      Past German cars owned: 1970 BMW 2002, 1987 VW Fox sedan, 2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2003 VW Passat wagon, 2013 VW CC Sport
      Past non-German cars owned: 1990 Toyota Corolla, 1998 Honda Civic EX, 2002 Subaru Outback

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12