VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

jetta sportwagen thread!!

1M views 4K replies 416 participants last post by  Fantasiamon 
#1 ·
so ive read through most of TCL wagon appreciation thread + mk4 wagon thread, and wanted to start one for the mk5 wagons; so post up anything related!
and if anybody knows of any new jsw mods (rear spoiler, TDI engine mods etc) post up!

Modified by bluetapedr3w at 10:43 AM 9-21-2009

Modified by bluetapedr3w at 8:35 PM 9-27-2009

See less See more
#232 ·
Re: jetta sportwagen thread!! (nylinkz797)

Quote, originally posted by nylinkz797 »
Does anyone knows about any exhaust options for the 2.0T?

the jetta options will work
http://****************.com/smile/emlove.gif

#235 ·
Re: (joecastro420)

Quote, originally posted by joecastro420 »
Just wanted to know if anyone knew how to remove the rails of the top of the car...I plan on spraying the roof to bring some contrast to the wagen.

Just pop of the 3 plastic covers marked in the pic below. Underneath you'll find 3 triple-square bolts (I think 6mm, i forget). I think a lighter color JSW would slick with a black roof (like the A3 OpenSky). Since yours is already black, I'm curious to what color you're thinking?

#238 ·
Re: jetta sportwagen thread!! (DBR007)

Quote, originally posted by DBR007 »

x2 I'm contemplating a Campenella white, Laser Blue, or the other blue exact name escapes me right now.

campi white? NOt available
Laser blue? Not available
but the 2010 Gets a new luck and can be had in beige!

#239 ·
Re: (Blue91)

Quote, originally posted by Blue91 »
IMO, the color matched front grille looks great on that white. Not sure how it'd do on my graphite blue, but on the white, it's tits.

here's an r32, (i didn't know it came in this color?)

i've seen one on a graphite blue mkv jetta sedan before on here, i tried to find it but only found the R. GL!

and to DBR007, i believe the other color is graphite blue

Modified by bluetapedr3w at 8:37 PM 9-7-2009

#240 ·
Re: jetta sportwagen thread!! (turbotwo28)

Quote, originally posted by turbotwo28 »
Hey what type of stub antenna is that? Just curious as I was thinking of throwing a Yakima rack on and was concerned about the OEM antenna being so long an all. Do you have SAT radio as well? Does the reception seem on par to the OEM?

This is the Sharan (spelling? i think it might be OEM as well) stubby antenna. You can get it from ECS, oempl.us, parts4vws and such. No SAT / Nav, and i get about 80% of the stations i did before, the ones i dont get anymore were about 40 miles away in washington DC. Once i get out of baltimore city they tend to come back. I moved the basket way back because i thought it looked best with the lines of the wagon, but there is plenty of space to move the Thule bars or the basket itself forward and clear the antenna area. I dont think you will have a problem with Thule or Yakima bars since you can mount them anywhere front to back to give you the clearance you need.

#241 ·

Quote, originally posted by turbotwo28 »
Hey what type of stub antenna is that? Just curious as I was thinking of throwing a Yakima rack on and was concerned about the OEM antenna being so long an all. Do you have SAT radio as well? Does the reception seem on par to the OEM?

I've managed to keep my triple tray Yakima (even with the huge SkyBox16 on top) free of the antenna. SAT/NAV both work great even if it gets bent at all.

#244 ·
FV-QR

Any word on whether or not LED tail lights will be made for the wagen?

#246 ·
Re: jetta sportwagen thread!! (echoout)

Quote, originally posted by echoout »

I've managed to keep my triple tray Yakima (even with the huge SkyBox16 on top) free of the antenna. SAT/NAV both work great even if it gets bent at all.

Which mounts did you use? Were they the low riders or the rail grabs? It seems like they replaced the low riders w/ the rail grabs but I like the way the low riders look plus they cost less too. Did you also throw any bikes up there too? Just curious.

#248 ·

so what was the answer on the type of mounts used?
I just got a set of Thule aero bars with the rapid feet that attach to the bars...they look great, with a slight bit of wind noise though even without the bike attachments on it (I don't have a fairing..yet)
any recommendations on how far back on the roof to mount the roof rack? I've got the pano roof, so I'm thinking to set the front bar back about 1/2 way so it's behind the driver.

#249 ·
Re: FV-QR (rumcajs666)

Quote, originally posted by rumcajs666 »

You said you are on H&R springs. Which type? Which car were they meant to go on? Judging by this picture, your car is sagging a bit in the back. What is your hub to fender measurements for the front and the back?

#250 ·
Re: jetta sportwagen thread!! (blacksportwagen)

Quote, originally posted by blacksportwagen »
so what was the answer on the type of mounts used?
I just got a set of Thule aero bars with the rapid feet that attach to the bars...they look great, with a slight bit of wind noise though even without the bike attachments on it (I don't have a fairing..yet)
any recommendations on how far back on the roof to mount the roof rack? I've got the pano roof, so I'm thinking to set the front bar back about 1/2 way so it's behind the driver.

No reply from echoout yet. When he replies we'll all know. So you got the Thule setup? Which rapid feet setup did you get? Was it the 450R Rapid Crossroads? How much clearance do you have from the bottom of the bars to the Panaroof? I assume the roof will still open just that there wont be much of a view when the racks loaded.

Their instructions say that the bars just have to be a min of 24" apart from each other so if you move it that far back will you still clear 24" from the front bar to the rear bar?

#251 ·
Re: FV-QR (NicholasJay)

Looks can be deceiving on the MK5 (JSW included). The front fender opening is larger (different diameter) than the rear fender opening, making a level car look like it's sagging in the back. I mentioned this in a post earlier in this thread.
FWIW, I'm using Neuspeed sports from a normal MK5 sedan and it doesn't sag in the rear unless I'm hauling things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.