VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

need some help with a 2006 volvo xc90

779 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  GLI_r8cer 
#1 ·
so my sister has a 2 yo, so with prescious cargo we decided to buy here a safe car with entertainment package and all. so i found a deal i couldnt pass up 2006 xc90 fully loaded with 31k on the clock. i swiped it. so needless to say i got it to my parents house to suprise her. she loved it.
the real point, as it was sitting in the driveway running with ac on, there was this fluid that seemed to be running heavily on to the driveway. it seemed to me to be trans fluid. it was deeper red. problem is, i went and bought some trans fluid, and now i cant seem to find where to put it in. ive been on the internet for like a half hour now and i cant seemed to find any info. help a brother out.
TIA

cliff notes: where to put trans fluid into a 06 volvo xc90 http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: need some help with a 2006 volvo xc90 (GLI_r8cer)

I wouldn't just go adding transmission fluid. I wonder if there isn't something red coming out of the AC condenser.
Take it to a shop.
But....if you must...
Quote »
The fluid you speak of is Volvo's very special #3309 ATF which is also the same thing as Mobil-3309. You cannot use Moibil-1 ATF or Dextron/Mercron in your tranny...it will fubar it.
There is a dip stick...it's just that it's location is very hidden. Volvo doesn't want us to touch it. If you look under your larger intercooler pipes from the front of your car, just to the right of your engine, you'll find it way down deep...it has a yellow handle, and a clasp on the under side you have to push it to get your dipstick out. Btw, Volvo transmissions don't have a filter. Some people add "magnetically charged" in-line filters to their tranny lines...not a bad idea, really.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=63288

Modified by lojasmo at 1:49 PM 8-2-2009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.