VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The Utah BMX/VW thread

33K views 325 replies 47 participants last post by  syncrogti 
#1 ·
Im starting a Utah BMX VW gang!! BMXers only!

I will cut you if you ride anything else!

Post up your rad bikes!!!

See less See more
#78 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by K2.0 »
Damn you guys! because of THIS thread, I'm in the dog house!
Well I've been surfing BMXMuseum.com a lot and well, looking through KSL and craigslist to find an old bike.
So I bought this:

I bought the white tires and Redline bars yester day. It is so rad.
My wife is not too thrilled about my new/old hobby.

good find http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
i just put together my new (well, new to me anyway) terrible one barcode on saturday
i friggin LOVE this thing!!! the seat & seatpost is still in the mail (the post off my vegas was 29.2mm, the T1 is 25.4mm), but there was no way i was going to wait to ride my bike, so after looking around the house, i found out that my 5yo's tonka bike has a 25.4 seatpost, soooo....now i have a tonka seat on my bike for a few days
& thanks to scott, i have a seat post clamp, too http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif no brakes yet, though, the guy i got the frame from had cut the brake mounts off, so i'm brakeless until i can get some new mounts & either weld them on, or make them removable. funny thing is, i'm kinda liking running brakeless :crazy: but for riding trails i want them, & i ride street just about every night, & i don't really want to get hit by a car....

#79 ·
Re: FV-QR (K2.0)

Quote, originally posted by K2.0 »
Damn you guys! because of THIS thread, I'm in the dog house!
Well I've been surfing BMXMuseum.com a lot and well, looking through KSL and craigslist to find an old bike.
So I bought this:

good find !
not bmx but old skool status fer sure:

#80 ·
WOW!!!!! havent seen a seat that tall for twenty years .. lol so i got a chance to ride Heather Allreds new cruser on sat . raced my 20 inch in my class and raced cruser open. Heathers new redline is the shiz .. like driving a cadilac . im a lil outa shape so i didnt make my main but i had fun and thats what its all about . i want to give a shout out to Heather and Ian @ performance bike parts for all of thair support and commitment to the sport ... thanks again Heather i realy enjoyed racing your cruser

#81 ·
FV-QR

T1 barcode, using the wheels, cranks, fork, & some little stuff from my vegas on it for now. just put some gold animal hamilton pedals on it today, & my fly reuben grips should be here tomorrow so i can finally be rid of the red
should *hopefully* be getting some primo cranks, a fit fork, & a front wheel & back rim soon, then i'll just need a sprocket, chain, & back hub to get it decent for now until i get enough $$$ to buy new stuff. goin' riding tonight!!! woo!!!

#84 ·
Re: (franky raddo)

Quote, originally posted by franky raddo »
WOW!!!!! havent seen a seat that tall for twenty years ..

yeah, thats how I bought it 5 years ago ... not like this any more ...
and I still cant get the damn brakes tuned in

#86 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by utah_dubn »

I know, I know!! I will get my ish together and get pumped to go ride. I just got wheel adapters though, so I am all excited for my car, haha

yeah, i got the hoist, so now i'm full bore into the motor swap, but i just got some new pedals i have to try out, so i'll probably go ride anyway

#88 ·
Re: The Utah BMX/VW thread (1FastGLI)

dudes lets go shred! i hit up fairmont, 9th&9th, the U and downtown solo all the time, i'm always down to meet up with some other kids who ride, lets dooo itttt

thats my BMX in that photo, but i put brakes on it so i can bomb hills too. ha http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#89 ·
FV-QR

nice! i've rocked a few kastans in my racing days. i gotta get a pic of my dad's old se floval flyer with 24" graphite tuff mags on it up here. *might* be getting a new-ish bike tonight, (not holding my breath yet, though) not sure yet if it'll replace the terrible one, we'll see.... one day we really have to organize a vortex bmx gtg

#91 ·
FV-QR

the T1 before i got the new whip:

the new whip:

wethepeople omen, swiped some parts off the T1 for it. i'm still not sure if i'll use the WTP or go back to the T1 frame...the wtp is nice, but the T1 is shorter & way easier for manuals...but the wtp has brake mounts...so many choices...

#92 ·
Re: FV-QR (beyondkustom)

Sup All, I just moved to SLC and am looking for a street bike. I used to ride some flatland back in the day but sold my bike to help me buy my first real car. Anyone got a 21' frame or whole bike they want to come off of for some cash? I'm really looking for a Standard STA but no one stocks it and theres a 4 week turn around time from Standard if I order one; but something kink, or S&M would do. Also are there any bike shops in the area that deal in 20' bikes? I checked out SLC bike co and a place called contenders with no success; and i'm trying to avoid Danscomp if i can. Thanks

#93 ·
FV-QR

5050bmx up in layton. (5050bmx.com)i don't know anything about any bike shops in slc because...well, i don't live in slc
but 5050 is an s&m dealer...and good people. i have a complete 21" specialized vegas that's pretty mint for sale if danen decides he doesn't want it.

#94 ·
Re: FV-QR (beyondkustom)

I have a dumb question for you guys- why on a BMX/freestyle bike is the seat always pointed up in front? I haven't ridden one since... 1990? My 2nd bike was some old toy store BMX and then in my early teens I graduated to mtn bikes and never looked back. Briar & I ride every single weekend up in Brian Head if any of you guys ever make it to that area and want to ride some wild stuff. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Edit- my current rides:
'98 Gary Fisher Supercaliber:

'07 Kona Hei Hei:

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by andylyco at 9:46 AM 9-16-2009

#99 ·
FV-QR

my seat is pointed up in the front because it's comfortable. i dunno, it's what i've been doing since the late '80s. probably gonna go ride weber state again tonight now that i have brakes back on. anybody down? there's fun stuff to ride there. nice slick ledges

Modified by beyondkustom at 2:59 PM 9-22-2009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.