Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast
    Results 1,016 to 1,050 of 1142

Thread: Marin Euro Meet

05-10-2010 04:18 PM #1016
      Quote Originally Posted by IJSTROK View Post
      Happy mums day. What are we bringing for the BBQ next weekend?

Edit: So I got bored and decided an hour ago to throw on the new wheels without the spacers. They look so badarse. I can't wait to get the spacers on. I'll have them on by the BBQ, I'm just waiting for longer bolts.
      Noiice! Any teasers??

As for the BBQ, I say we have some variety: patties, sausages, wings, with assorted buns, MusKetYonaise. Then maybe salad(greens or p'taters or mac.), fruit, and then cake/brownies anyone?

Drinks I'd stand by some brew, soda, juice, gatorade, water, ...

Accessories include grille with butane butane and assorted grilling paraphernalia( I know you have the spy kit Erik! ), paperplates, plastic Cup/Fork/Knife/Spoon, papertowels, TP(we never now when it's coming), trashbags for assorted organics and plastics, then onto hats( i'm bald ), sunglasses, sunscreen, frisbee( ), cameras, ...

I don't know about jumping in the lake though, that ish is filthy with mud'n'poo, like Berryessa.
      Sent from my vwvortex account.

05-10-2010 04:29 PM #1017
      Haha musketyonaise! You should copyright that. lol Unfortunately the spy grill kit is my dads, so I don't have them anymore. But I can bring the basic ones that I have (no fun, I know). I can bring some buffalo wings!

I'll post a picture of my new setup once I get the spacers on. Hopefully tonight, if the lug bolts come. I'm heading over to Emeryville later this afternoon to sell a guy with a mkv my old wheels. I'll try to recruit him. lol

Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI
      05-11-2010 09:01 PM #1018
      I am super stoked about this BBQ
      .: Charles
      'Couve Approved √
      Marin Euro - Join Us

05-12-2010 12:15 AM #1019
      Here's a crappy iphone pic. 18x8 et50 with 5mm spacers all around. I took it on the highway today with the spacers, and I was getting slight vibrations at 50+. When I ran them without the spacers they didn't vibrate at all so I'm positive it's the spacers. It was a bitch mounting the front wheels with the spacers so I'm thinking it's those that are vibrating, but I don't know. Is there a special way of mounting wheels with spacers? The wheel wouldn't stay on the hub since only about 5mm of it was exposed.

05-12-2010 01:55 AM #1020
      Looks good! Yeah duder, spacers are known to give some vibration. I thought those were 18x8.5?

So I'll be bringing some fruit salad, brewskis, juice, the little grille with some butane. I'm tempted on making some mussels with butter and a hint of lime once nice and golden, but I'm just paranoid about the stink later on. I'll see how things work out, I;ve missed bbq mussels and beer for a long time now.

05-12-2010 01:59 AM #1021
      Oh, and happy bday Bickel!

edit: p69 win!
      Last edited by morbs_gt; 05-12-2010 at 02:11 AM.

05-12-2010 04:50 AM #1022
      Came up with this for fun, it's my new background.

05-12-2010 10:39 PM #1023
      Looks good!

Forum is now up and running BTW!! Anyone who hasn't registered yet, please do so, lets get it off the ground!

I doubt I'll be maintaining this thread in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be checking out DIY and Classifieds on here, but I'm really getting tired of the vortex.

05-12-2010 11:41 PM #1024
      Sweet! Registered with username Erik! Let's get it rolling!

So today I went out and tried to re-seat the new wheels with the spacers. Took it out for a drive and still got a vibration above 50. It's not a horrible vibration, it's very slight, but it bugs me. So I think for now, I'm going to take the spacers off, clean them up a bit (I hear the slightest debris/build up can cause it to not sit properly) and retry when I have another set of hands, possibly at the BBQ if anyone wants to help.

Oh and for the BBQ, I was thinking of picking up some sort of dessert. How many people are planning on going?

Vehicles
      90 GLI
      05-13-2010 01:42 PM #1025
      ::hand raised::

05-14-2010 06:30 PM #1026
      Quote Originally Posted by morbs_gt View Post
      Looks good!

Forum is now up and running BTW!! Anyone who hasn't registered yet, please do so, lets get it off the ground!

I doubt I'll be maintaining this thread in the future.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be checking out DIY and Classifieds on here, but I'm really getting tired of the vortex.

Everyone who hasn't registered yet, do it! marineuro.com/forums

Cruise/BBQ tomorrow! Be there or be a four sided shape!

05-15-2010 11:09 PM #1027
      I'm no longer posting pictures in this thread! If you want to see pictures from the meets/cruises (like todays to Stafford Lake), go to marineuro.com/forums and make an account. This thread is pretty much dead!

Vehicles
      90 GLI
      05-17-2010 06:53 PM #1028
      Quote Originally Posted by IJSTROK View Post
      This thread is pretty much dead!
      X2

marineuro.com/forums

Do It!

05-18-2010 10:31 PM #1029
      Meet tonight! marineuro.com for details!

Vehicles
      V8 $4
      05-20-2010 04:28 PM #1030
      Erik, your car looks awesome with the BBS! Good work dude! When is the bbq? In august it looks like im moving out by you guys.

05-20-2010 06:10 PM #1031
      Quote Originally Posted by schmoopy View Post
      Erik, your car looks awesome with the BBS! Good work dude! When is the bbq? In august it looks like im moving out by you guys.
      Thanks man, I'm happy the way my car is finally piecing together. I just need some coils and I'm all set. We just had a BBQ last week, but I'm sure we'll be getting another pretty soon. Some of us in the group just developed a love for disc golf Where you moving to?

Oh and if you haven't yet make a profile over at the Marin Euro forums We're updating that more often than this thread.

Vehicles
      V8 $4
      05-20-2010 06:21 PM #1032
      My lady just got a job in the city, so we were thinking of moving to San Rafael, as its about half way between our commutes. We are getting married on July 10th and then moving 2 weeks later

05-21-2010 01:06 AM #1033
      Sounds like a busy Summer. But it'll be cool seeing you out at the meet once you're in town.

05-23-2010 09:34 PM #1034
      NEXT MEET: JUNE 1st 8PM Northgate Mall Parking garage San Rafael, CA visit marineuro.com for details

05-24-2010 01:08 PM #1035
      hey guys so iv been trying to find a caravan from norcal to Wuste and was wondering if anyone from marineuro was going...?
      untitled

05-28-2010 05:51 AM #1036
      Bump for Tuesday Go HERE and register

22. 06-02-2010 04:38 AM #1037
      It was great to see everyone again and new faces, here are some pics.

s4 shots

full gallery http://gallery.me.com/arekux#100361
      Last edited by areku_x; 06-02-2010 at 04:43 AM.

Vehicles
      90 GLI
      06-11-2010 03:30 PM #1038
      tuesday @ 8 bump.

06-14-2010 02:21 AM #1039
      See you guys there with my new suspension debut!

06-26-2010 08:22 PM #1040
      Bumpity bump bump...

Tuesday 8PM!

Vehicles
      90 GLI
      06-29-2010 02:27 PM #1041
      It's Tuesday !

07-05-2010 08:16 PM #1042
      So as some may know, there are a couple of July birthdays coming up, Rob, Charles, Sean, and me.

I'd like to invite you all to:
      MarinEuro's 3rd Cruise & BBQ session @ Stafford lake, Novato on Saturday July 17th, 2010.

Location/rendez-vous:
      -We will meet at the usual location @ Northgate mall @ 9am, and roll out @ 9:30am.

-Shall you be late, please take a look at THIS MAP for the location, and googlemap your way there!

Food/Drinks:
      -There will be foods commonly devoured at BBQs such as hotdogs, burgers, skewers, vegetables, and small edible animals of all sorts with the exclusion of anthropoids and prosimians, along with the consumption of beverages such as water, hop'n'barley-pop, sparkling sugar-water, and nectar-based solutes.

Inevitable Cost:
      -Effective July 1st, the park charges a $10/Vehicle fee at it's entrance.

Contribution:
      -The rental fee for the section of the park we will be in is $130, which can be seen HERE.(payed)

-Depending on the turnout for this event, I'd like to ask participants to to donate $5/person to cover the cost of the reservation, making a total of $15 for drivers, and $5 for non-driver participants. If you wish to be independent and bring your own provisions, feel free to do so. Simply let me know so there is no over-spending on my behalf to feed the dumpsters.

-For drivers who wish contribute in food/drinks atop spending their $15 weekly allowance on entrance and attendance fees, please feel free to contact me and ask how you may help.

-I encouraged non-drivers/GFs/co-pilot BFs, and other non-drivers who simply wish to be driven around, and spend $5 to devour his/her share and his/her brotheren's share, to equally ask how you can contribute. This can be done either through an agreement with your driver, who will report to me, or by contacting me and asking how to contribute. Shall you miss this step, you will be frowned upon langtime.

Rules/Code of conduct:
      -Along with our rules and code of conduct, which can be found HERE for meets/events, please take the time to read the rules set forth by the Marin County Department of Parks and Open Space:

Quote Originally Posted by Dpt. of Parks and Open Space
      Entrance Fees: Weekends (Fri., Sat., Sun., Holidays)
      Spring/Summer (through June 30) $8/vehicle; as of July 1, 2010 $10/vehicle
      Fall/Winter (Nov.-March 13) $5.00/Vehicle

Entrance Fees : Weekdays
      Spring/Summer $5/vehicle Fall/Winter $5/vehicle

Bus $50 through June 30; as of July 1, 2010 $60 per bus
      Bicycles & Walk-Ins $2 each year round

Reservation and Park Policies
      1. The applicant should plan to be there until the end of the event. If the applicant cannot be present, an alternate must be designated and included on the application. Reservations can be made up to one year in advance.

2. A per-vehicle parking fee is charged in addition to the reservation fee for all group sites.

4.Hours of use on the permit are interpreted as times the area will be occupied until it is vacated. Please allow enough time for set up and take down/clean up. If use exceeds park hours of operation. an additional charge (per ranger) of cost plus a 10% administrative fee will be charged. Cost is rounded to one half-hour. NOTE: Stafford Lake Park is a day use facility.

5. No refund will be given if cancellation request is received 60 or fewer days prior to the event.

6. Reservations are non-transferable and will be officially booked when approved and full payment has been received.

7. The Parks Department reserves the right to require additional portable toilets, staffing, security, or police support when deemed necessary. User will be required to pay the additional cost in advance.

8. Fishing is the only water sport allowed at the lake. A fishing license is required.

9. All park facilities must be left in the same condition as before the event started. If additional cleanup is required, the user will be charged and billed.

10. Organizations with reservations can arrange to pre-pay for parking fees, or pay for parking fees on the day of the event. A voucher or business card system can help you identify your guests’ cars. Full payment for all cars is due on the day of the event.

11. No amplified music is allowed unless prior approval for special conditions has been given in writing as an addendum to the reservation. Call (415) 499-6387 for more information. Parks staff reserves the right to position speakers and to regulate amplified music. Non-compliance forfeits music priviledge.

12. NO WATER BALLOONS OR SLIP AND SLIDES ARE ALLOWED. Request to allow an entertainment structure must be listed on the application and written permission must be given by the Department. The name of the company providing the structure must be listed on the reservation, and they must have valid insurance on file with the department.

NOTE: We would like to warn all users that the park is located in the middle of the agricultural area and the department cannot take responsibility for flies, wasps, or other insects. These are products of the natural environment and the department will not issue refunds for these types of intrusions.

HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT

THE ABOVE STATED ORGANIZATION / INDIVIDUAL ASSUMES AND AGREES TO PROTECT, SAVE HARMLESS & INDEMNIFY THE COUNTY OF MARIN, ITS OFFICERS, AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITIES OR CAUSE OF ACTION, INCLUDING CLAIMS FOR INJURIES OR DEATH TO PERSONS, OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ALL OF IT'S ACTIVITIES WITHIN THE FACILITY. NO WATER SPORT IS ALLOWED IN THE LAKE EXCEPT FISHING WITH A LICENSE.

I UNDERSTAND THAT THE RESERVATION FEE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE PARK ADMISSION FEE FOR ME OR MY GUESTS. I ALSO UNDERSTAND THE NO PETS ARE ALLOWED IN THE PARK OR LEFT IN CARS.
      Additional Info:
      -Brings sun protector, hats, maybe insect repellent, frisbees, beach rackets/ball, and other fun little games you'd want to have laying around for amusement. Although there is a "no amplified music" clause, this means no generator-powered amplified music or staged music allowed in this section of the park. If you have a boombox feel free to bring one.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Last edited by morbs_gt; 07-05-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Vehicles
      '90 calypso GLI, '90 Black GLI, '91 T- red Coupe, 96 Camry, 03 redcar that chirps 3rd
      07-18-2010 04:54 AM #1043
      Had a great time at BBQ#3 and am already looking forward to the next one as well as the next round of polish horseshoes. Next time, can we make the drive slightly later? I want to take some video next time around but 9:30 on a sat. is a wee bit to early for me, but I could definately pull off a 10:30 / 11:00 drive time. Wow, feels weird to be back on Vortex's crappy forums again... MainEuro forums FTW!!!

Vehicles
      90 GLI
      07-22-2010 02:08 AM #1044
      Quote Originally Posted by '90CalypsoGLI View Post
      Wow, feels weird to be back on Vortex's crappy forums again... MainEuro forums FTW!!!
      X2

08-02-2010 08:11 AM #1045
      Testing 1,2 testing 1,2...is this thing on? http://www.marineuro.com/forums/

Vehicles
      2007 VW GTI
      08-26-2010 03:52 AM #1046
      looks like marin euro forums are broken. HI EVERYONE! at least vortex is working right now.

I guess the internet can't handle two forums at the same time lol.
      .: Charles
      'Couve Approved √
      Marin Euro - Join Us

32. Banner Advertiser FlyingFinn@DublinVW's Avatar
      Vehicles
      04 R32 - Used to own --> 97 Jazz Blue DE GTI, 66 & 65 bugs, 61 Single Cab
      08-26-2010 07:37 PM #1047
      Maaaaaaaaannnnnn!!! I need to get back out to the meets. I've been so swamped with work stuff.

08-27-2010 09:33 PM #1048
      Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFinn@Streetwerke View Post
      Maaaaaaaaannnnnn!!! I need to get back out to the meets. I've been so swamped with work stuff.
      I don't know if you've been out this summer, but we are now meeting on Fridays. Next meet is Friday Sep. 3rd at 7PM.

Marin Euro Forums!

09-03-2010 08:24 PM #1049
      Tonight! Bottom floor of Northgate Mall parking garage 7PM. We may be doing a cruise and photoshoot after.

09-04-2010 05:08 AM #1050

Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast