Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: BFI - Motor Mounts - Polyurethane and Delrin MK3 and Rado VR6

1. 08-18-2009 05:44 PM #1

We offer a complete line of performance motor mounts for all Mk3 and Corrado SLC. Our line of Full Poly mounts is unlike any other poly options available. They are machined from extruded stock, not gravity cast. This results in both a more uniform product as well as a more durable one.

Be aware that the different motors will react differently to the stages. The ABA both weighs less and is positioned differently than the VR6. In general, the ABA will experience more vibration than the VR6 with the same mounts.

The hardware provided is grade 10.9 which is much stronger than the stock bolts, those of which are prone to breakage due to age and especially with harder mounts.

All mounts are available as kits or individual pieces. If ordering a single mount or piece, please specify front, rear, or upper to make sure you get the correct hardware.

BFI Stealth Series Motor Mount Complete Kit

These mounts are specifically engineered to fall in between new factory mounts and our popular .5 Mounts. Shore hardness is 50A - For comparison, the OEM mounts are around 40-45A in holey hardness. These are constructed from extruded stock polyurethane and are NOT made from rubber like the factory pieces.
      This will ensure an extremely long product life that will not break down like rubber, while still giving added performance with factory-like comfort preserved. Included in the complete kit is a G60 solid rubber transmission mount. Stealth Mounts are Ideal for those that want improved upgrade mounts for performance without sacrificing interior vibration levels on both VR6 and 4-cylinder models.
      Complete kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware)

BFI Stage .5 Polyurethane Motor Mount Complete Kit

These are poly, 60A in shore hardness. They are softer than both our Stage I poly(85A) and Stage II Delrin mounts . These mounts are still a huge upgrade over the stock swiss-cheese rubber mounts.
      We developed these mounts for those wanting an upgrade in both performance and durability over the OEM parts, yet were still very concerned with daily comfort. For comparison, the OEM mounts are around 40-45A hardness. These mounts will provide an almost factory level of comfort in VR6 cars while offering both an increase in performance and greatly increased level of durability. Vibration is more evident in 4-cylinder models.
      Complete Kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware)

BFI Stage 1 Polyurethane Motor Mount Complete Kit

These are poly, 85A in shore hardness. For comparison, the OEM mounts are around 40-45A hardness. BFI Stage 1’s are a huge upgrade over the stock swiss-cheese rubber mounts. Stage I is intended for a higher level of performance, over our Stage .5 and Stealth.
      They still offer reasonable ride quality, with some increased vibration over OEM in VR6 cars. Vibration is far more evident in 4-cylinder models.
      Complete Kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware)

BFI Stage 2 Delrin Complete Motor Mount Kit

These are Delrin, and fall in between poly and solid metal as far as stiffness goes. Delrin, like some poly versions, requires some break in time. It will take 150-250 miles for them to soften to their effective hardness. They also require some heat in them to soften up. And on colder days they may have more vibration at start up until driven on for a few miles. They are also self-lubricating so it will never squeak.
      The Stage 2 mounts are designed for pure performance, at the expense of ride comfort. They will hold the motor and transmission very securely and help get all the power to the ground. If you drag race or are after total performance, then the Stage II is for you. If you are concerned about vibration, then perhaps you may want to go with a less rigid mount from BFI.
      Complete kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware)

Please post, IM, or email us at: sales@blackforestindustries.com with any Technical Questions
      Last edited by black forest ind; 10-04-2012 at 02:38 PM.

Vehicles
      Mk1, Mk2, Mk6 and an E30.
      08-21-2009 03:18 PM #2
      Noticed your gti on the new eurotuner.

Congrats!

3. 08-21-2009 03:50 PM #3
      Quote, originally posted by Unit01 »
      Noticed your gti on the new eurotuner.

Congrats!

Thanks! We are very Proud

09-02-2009 07:33 PM #4
      My Delrin's rock. No more turbo hitting the firewall.
      Lugtronic
      Clutch Masters
      IE
      IREV 2013 video
      9.04@167 JE pistons /stock rods 2013

5. 09-02-2009 07:57 PM #5
      Will the complete .5 kit raise the VR6 motor at all?

6. 09-03-2009 03:36 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by markthree »
      Will the complete .5 kit raise the VR6 motor at all?

All of our mounts are cut to the exact specifications as new stock engine mounts (i.e. height, width, and diameter). Corrado SLC and all Mk3 mounts are identical in dimension.

If the motor is raised at all, it is due to it having sagged over time and abuse. Installing any of our mounts will raise the engine to its proper static height

Vehicles
      1996 Golf GL
      09-22-2009 03:36 PM #7
      my stealth kit should be here tomorrow... cant wait to get em im

Vehicles
      1996 Golf GL
      09-29-2009 11:17 PM #8
      got em in... the car rides and shifts beautifully

now the hunt begins for rattles here there and everywhere.

didn't expect the stealth kit to cause much more vibration then stock but they definitely do which is kind of a bummer. I cant even begin to imagine what the .5 or stage 1 kits feel like.

9. 09-30-2009 11:09 AM #9
      After 500 miles or so, they'll break in and vibrations should diminish.

10. 10-01-2009 03:34 PM #10
      Quote, originally posted by [7one8 »
      VDub]
      didn't expect the stealth kit to cause much more vibration then stock but they definitely do which is kind of a bummer. I cant even begin to imagine what the .5 or stage 1 kits feel like.

You may have overtightened the mounts which will cause them to vibrate more than usual...

Vehicles
      1996 Golf GL
      10-02-2009 07:35 PM #11
      Quote, originally posted by black forest ind »

You may have overtightened the mounts which will cause them to vibrate more than usual...

I tightened all 3 mounts to 44 ft lbs with a torque wrench.

Your directions didnt mention the trans mount but I assumed it needed to be the same as the front and rear mounts... yes/no?

also...

I didnt have (3) 13mm bolts on the bottom side of the crossmember

Modified by [7one8]VDub at 7:38 PM 10-2-2009

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta Wolfsburg 20vT, 1994 Dusty Mauve Jetta 8v (sold)
      10-02-2009 07:56 PM #12
      I have .5 kit and the rear mount is the only issue...made my aba violently vibrate on the inside of the car to the point where I couldn't even hear what the person next to me was saying. I drove around for 3 months, almost 3000 miles, and the vibrations never dulled down for a second. I fixed the problem with a brand new stock mount and now my ride is perfect. [7one8]VDub, if your ride doesn't get any better in 500 miles then it won't ever get better...just put a new stock mount in. That's the honest answer and I hope that helps!
      APR 93 | ITG | MMEvoDV sin N249 | 034 Silicone Breathers + Catch Can + VC Heatshield | EuroSport 2.5" DP | BFI Stg 1 | BKR7EIX @ 0.032" | NewSouth | VCDS | Bentley

Stock(ish)
      Been there, done that.

Vehicles
      1997 Jetta
      10-02-2009 11:11 PM #13
      Quote, originally posted by suffocatemymind »
      I have .5 kit and the rear mount is the only issue...made my aba violently vibrate on the inside of the car to the point where I couldn't even hear what the person next to me was saying. I drove around for 3 months, almost 3000 miles, and the vibrations never dulled down for a second. I fixed the problem with a brand new stock mount and now my ride is perfect. [7one8]VDub, if your ride doesn't get any better in 500 miles then it won't ever get better...just put a new stock mount in. That's the honest answer and I hope that helps!

That's funny because for my ABA the Stage 1 rear was what vibrated my dash apart. I put in a Stage .5 and I haven't had any problems since.

14. 10-03-2009 02:48 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by [7one8VDub »

Your directions didnt mention the trans mount but I assumed it needed to be the same as the front and rear mounts... yes/no?

The trans mount bolts should be tightened to Bentley torque specs.

I didnt have (3) 13mm bolts on the bottom side of the crossmember

If you did not find the lower plate with the 13mm bolts - someone else has probably removed it at some point.

Vehicles
      97 TR jetta, 87 jetta, 81 caddy, 95 cbr600
      10-12-2009 05:54 PM #15
      just ordered last week. after almost 150000 my car needs these bad.
      Give wildlife a brake! 4TSQ. WV, Almost Heaven. Where are the moose? Save the Frogs!. Save the whales. I birds. Iron City

Vehicles
      04 GTI VR6
      10-19-2009 04:32 PM #16
      Quote, originally posted by black forest ind »
      After 500 miles or so, they'll break in and vibrations should diminish.

I just hit about 500 miles on the .5's i bought. definitely starting to feel better!

Vehicles
      1996 Golf GL
      10-24-2009 04:00 PM #17
      bump for a quality product

Vehicles
      1990 300ZX TT, 2002 Jetta TDI
      11-02-2009 03:48 PM #18
      Just installed the .5 kit to replace my stockers with 120k on them. Hooooollllllllyyyyyyy crap what a difference. Granted the stockers were totally shot, but wow. Engine feels much more firm, can tell power is actually going to the wheels, and I can make the 1-2 shift without a second thought. The best part was, I ordered them tuesday and had them by thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by deftonesfan867 View Post
      Ohio makes me wanna punch babies.

19. 11-02-2009 03:55 PM #19
      bump for a quality product

Quote, originally posted by megaDan »
      Just installed the .5 kit to replace my stockers with 120k on them. Hooooollllllllyyyyyyy crap what a difference. Granted the stockers were totally shot, but wow. Engine feels much more firm, can tell power is actually going to the wheels, and I can make the 1-2 shift without a second thought. The best part was, I ordered them tuesday and had them by thursday.

Thanks you guys

Vehicles
      98 Jetta GLX (SOLD), 89 Golf (SOLD), 98 Jetta GT
      11-19-2009 01:19 PM #20
      Bought a 98 Jetta a week ago and I just order my BFI stage 1 kit last night, there actually my first performance mod

Vehicles
      1996 Golf GL
      11-25-2009 05:58 PM #21
      thanksgiving bump

22. 11-27-2009 12:58 PM #22

All Motor Mounts on Sale!

23. 12-04-2009 09:38 PM #23
      ordered the stealth mounts on black forest friday for my VR6

just got around to intalling them today, the stock mounts were junk! motor flopped all around, put the BFI mounts in, motor was very firm.

upon initial start up i was very impressed, very minimal shaking of the car (hardly noticable), driving was AWESOME. smooth, definitely OEM+

i had stage 1 in my 2.0 for a week a while ago. the vibrations were terrible. mirrors rattled to the point you couldnt see anything in them, the change in the ash tray was jingling. i left the front in and went to stock for the rear mount, and G60 trans mount. was alot more tolerable.

id be interested in a hybrid kit. maybe stage 1 in the front, stealth in the back and g60. might be money!

to BFI

24. 12-13-2009 10:58 AM #24
      I just purchased a set of BFI mounts.

I downloaded the instructions and even looked to some DIY tutorials but I cannot seem to find the answer to this question...

On the front-most mount, the instructions say to remove the lower "cup" that is held in by three nuts to the frame.

The lower cup in my 98 Jetta glx vr6 is tack welded in. Is this normal?

Are we supposed to grind the welds to remove the "cup" or is this setup the product of a former owner's work.

25. 12-14-2009 11:00 AM #25
      Quote, originally posted by derhunt »
      I just purchased a set of BFI mounts.

I downloaded the instructions and even looked to some DIY tutorials but I cannot seem to find the answer to this question...

On the front-most mount, the instructions say to remove the lower "cup" that is held in by three nuts to the frame.

The lower cup in my 98 Jetta glx vr6 is tack welded in. Is this normal?

Are we supposed to grind the welds to remove the "cup" or is this setup the product of a former owner's work.

Can you please post here or email us a pic of what you are talking about so we can help?

Vehicles
      '99 mk3 Golf Wolfsburg (Black, 5spd, 200k mi +)
      01-14-2010 12:32 PM #26
      just ordered my rear/side and g60 mounts!...did the stealth this time for the rear/side...have the .5 front...my attempt at less-vibration mix...we'll see...prob won't install for a month and just do when i put stage 1 clutch in that i got from you guys
      take the road less travelled...

27. 01-26-2010 12:10 PM #27
      just wanted to say very good deal on great mounts had them in my 95 aba for about 2 months now and love them. coming for the cavalier/j-body scene paying this much for all the mounts when one front mount ~250 bucks i'm still floored by the prices bfi is the pimp sizzle!

28. Member
      01-27-2010 11:42 AM #28
      I have the stage 1 engine mounts and diesel transmission mount... It does vibrate a little, but nothing unbearable and I only get rattles on acceleration. I love them

29. 01-27-2010 12:17 PM #29
      Quote, originally posted by buddylove »
      I have the stage 1 engine mounts and diesel transmission mount... It does vibrate a little, but nothing unbearable and I only get rattles on acceleration. I love them

Quote, originally posted by buddylove »

Thanks! We love the Positive Feedback

30. 02-24-2010 06:21 PM #30
      I am interested in the stage 1 mounts, but I already replaced the front mount with WRD poly, but the rest are stock. So I guess I would only need the trans mount and the side mount and am wondering if the "side" mount is exactly the same as the front mount in terms of exact shape and what not. I only ask because in the price guide, it list the front and side mount as the same part.

BFI Stage 1 Polyurethane Motor Mount Complete Kit

These are poly, 85A in shore hardness. For comparison, the OEM mounts are around 40-45A hardness. BFI Stage 1’s are a huge upgrade over the stock swiss-cheese rubber mounts. Stage I is intended for a higher level of performance, over our Stage .5 and Stealth. They still offer reasonable ride quality, with some increased vibration over OEM in VR6 cars. Vibration is far more evident in 4 CYL models.

Complete Kit w/trans (5pcs w/hardware) $200 BUY HERE
      Engine Mounts Only Kit (4pcs w/hardware) $135 BUY HERE
      Single Engine Front or Side Engine Mount Kit (2pcs w/hardware) $70 BUY HEREBFI Stage1 Polyurethane Transmission Mount $75 BUY HERE

Vehicles
      '98 Gti
      02-24-2010 06:31 PM #31
      my stealth mounts coming in soon

32. 02-25-2010 02:52 PM #32
      Quote, originally posted by dubtech001 »
      ...wondering if the "side" mount is exactly the same as the front mount in terms of exact shape and what not? I only ask because in the price guide, it list the front and side mount as the same part.

The mounts from front to side are the same ~ The Hardware is different.

Vehicles
      98. 77.
      03-02-2010 02:14 PM #33
      great company/product. got the stage 1's and love them

34. 03-02-2010 04:22 PM #34
      Quote, originally posted by vcampg »
      great company/product. got the stage 1's and love them

35. 03-09-2010 01:15 PM #35
      I have heard there is some problems shipping to Canada. Is this true ??

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast