|Quote, originally posted by nmjetha »|
|A diy thread would be awesome if someone decides to make one with pics.|
I didn't take photos but it's very simple to do. This is how I did it though vw details in their tsb that a new wire with the proper terminal should be installed in the harness instead of cutting and splicing any wires.
1) remove battery and battery tray
2) remove harness from coilpack
3) locate and cut the larger gauge brown wire (leave yourself enough room to strip the insulation back and crimp or solder a new ground wire)
4) crimp or better yet solder a new wire of equal gauge (i don't know what gauge it is) about 2 or 3 feet long.
5) run the wire along the same path as the main engine harness bundle that runs above the starter.
6) Cut the wire with enough room plus some slack to reach the far right ground lug under the battery tray.
7) crimp a ring terminal connector like this one http://www.autotoys.com/pics/y...1.jpg
8) remove the far right ground lug nut under the battery tray
9) slide the ring connector on the new ground wire to the ground lug. (if possible, snap the terminal connector in to the plastic clip ring around the ground lug)
10) put everything back together and clear your dtc's.