Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 106 to 140 of 188

    Thread: *** Kinetic 2L Turbo Kit Specials from CTS Turbo ***

    1. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-10-2011 09:43 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Strato50 View Post
      Ah, so I thought, thank you.

      Back I go into the nightmare that is trying to find part codes /engine codes for the City Golf.

      Unless someone knows better than I, how can i make this easier?
      Engine codes is on the head and ECU code is on the ECU

    2. n00b
      Join Date
      Mar 9th, 2011
      Location
      Hamilton, Ontario
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      1997 Jetta, 2009 CityGolf
      03-12-2011 06:50 PM #107
      Thanks for the info, did some digging and all the City models run a 2.0L 8v BEV engine. Apparantly compatible with c2 software & the mkIV turbo kits

      Still waiting for a good day to dig open my ECU/ECM and figure out what code is in there, will keep posted.
      Mk4.5 and loving it!

    3. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-12-2011 07:17 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Strato50 View Post
      Thanks for the info, did some digging and all the City models run a 2.0L 8v BEV engine. Apparantly compatible with c2 software & the mkIV turbo kits

      Still waiting for a good day to dig open my ECU/ECM and figure out what code is in there, will keep posted.


    4. n00b
      Join Date
      Mar 9th, 2011
      Location
      Hamilton, Ontario
      Posts
      9
      Vehicles
      1997 Jetta, 2009 CityGolf
      03-12-2011 09:59 PM #109
      Had the cowling apart to the ECU.. hesitated... so... will unplugging the ECU create any issues?

      I read in a manual that it might require a dealership reprogram.. *shudders*

      If not I'll have the code asap, hehe
      Mk4.5 and loving it!

    5. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-14-2011 11:50 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by Strato50 View Post
      Had the cowling apart to the ECU.. hesitated... so... will unplugging the ECU create any issues?

      I read in a manual that it might require a dealership reprogram.. *shudders*

      If not I'll have the code asap, hehe
      It shouldn't. You shouldn't have to unplug the ecu to get the number off it.

    6. n00b
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2010
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Jetta MKIV
      03-22-2011 09:44 PM #111
      I have the infamous BBW engine :/ can that still be turbo charged with one of these kits?

    7. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-23-2011 12:13 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by Bora824 View Post
      I have the infamous BBW engine :/ can that still be turbo charged with one of these kits?
      No idea, what's a BBW engine? This kit is designed to with with AEG engine.

    8. n00b
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2010
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Jetta MKIV
      03-23-2011 08:44 PM #113
      its a 2.0 8v like all the others the only difference is it was designed for certain states emission regulations so the put VVT on it, a self adjusting cam gear and a different camshaft to work with it, plus a sensor, everything else on the engine is the same, x-flow head..etc, oh it also supposedly has 3 O2 sensors

    9. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      03-23-2011 10:01 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Bora824 View Post
      its a 2.0 8v like all the others the only difference is it was designed for certain states emission regulations so the put VVT on it, a self adjusting cam gear and a different camshaft to work with it, plus a sensor, everything else on the engine is the same, x-flow head..etc, oh it also supposedly has 3 O2 sensors

      You may want to ask C2 if they have software for those beasts, then it could be possible

    10. n00b
      Join Date
      Dec 26th, 2010
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      6
      Vehicles
      2005 Volkswagen Jetta MKIV
      03-24-2011 01:03 AM #115
      Hmmm I'll have to check that out...it would be nice

    11. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      04-19-2011 12:41 PM #116


      A short clip of our fab shop and R&D bay. A glimpse of the men behind turbo kit development and fabrication.

    12. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      04-25-2011 02:30 PM #117
      give us a holler for go fast parts.

    13. Member Dmoneythegreat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2010
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      2,744
      Vehicles
      One bagged, one static
      04-26-2011 01:48 AM #118
      If I run the stage three kit with the GT3076 and with a built 2.0 (forged rods and pistons 9.5:1 CR) with a SRI and water meth. What kind of HP would you think I would be making @ 12-15 PSI??
      "I'll always love you, moo " -Ruth
      -Air Force

    14. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      05-19-2011 03:09 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by Dmoneythegreat View Post
      If I run the stage three kit with the GT3076 and with a built 2.0 (forged rods and pistons 9.5:1 CR) with a SRI and water meth. What kind of HP would you think I would be making @ 12-15 PSI??
      240-280whp!!!

    15. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      06-17-2011 06:12 PM #120
      Tried to go grocery shopping last night.

      Cops had other plans.



      www.ctsturbo.com

    16. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      06-23-2011 02:35 PM #121
      www.ctsturbo.com - check out our new blog developments

    17. Member 95jetta17's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 20th, 2008
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      7,784
      Vehicles
      95 2.0 turbo, 97 vr6
      06-23-2011 09:50 PM #122
      hey clay any info on what the mk3 stage 3 dv can handle boost wise, and also the spring rate in the waste gate that comes with the kit. thanks buddy

      ctsturbo FTW
      OG suede

      I survived epic thread 2011 never forget 11/11/11
      Quote Originally Posted by vastxpunk View Post
      You have a harness you forgot to plug back in, and you want to know where it goes? Back where you found it would be my guess..

    18. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      06-24-2011 01:09 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by 95jetta17 View Post
      hey clay any info on what the mk3 stage 3 dv can handle boost wise, and also the spring rate in the waste gate that comes with the kit. thanks buddy

      ctsturbo FTW
      The wastegates have a variety of spring options that are included in the wg box. Most of the time there is a 8-10psi spring installed in the wg when we ship out. We have consistently ran those DV's to 18-20psi, we even use them in our R32T kits.

    19. Member 95jetta17's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 20th, 2008
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      7,784
      Vehicles
      95 2.0 turbo, 97 vr6
      06-24-2011 04:43 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post
      The wastegates have a variety of spring options that are included in the wg box. Most of the time there is a 8-10psi spring installed in the wg when we ship out. We have consistently ran those DV's to 18-20psi, we even use them in our R32T kits.
      im running about 20 psi and my wastegate chatters alittle maybe it could use a higher spring. but it never came with them. thanks for the info
      OG suede

      I survived epic thread 2011 never forget 11/11/11
      Quote Originally Posted by vastxpunk View Post
      You have a harness you forgot to plug back in, and you want to know where it goes? Back where you found it would be my guess..

    20. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      06-29-2011 12:28 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by 95jetta17 View Post
      im running about 20 psi and my wastegate chatters alittle maybe it could use a higher spring. but it never came with them. thanks for the info
      Sounds like a good plan

    21. 06-30-2011 03:43 AM #126
      Can this fit the 2 litre in the 2011 Jetta S?

    22. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      07-05-2011 03:18 PM #127
      This I don't know, but there may be some minor differences between the engines that may not let it work...

    23. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      07-15-2011 01:15 PM #128
      www.ctsturbo.com

      Our FSI BT Kit in action.


    24. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      08-05-2011 09:28 PM #129

    25. 08-13-2011 12:40 PM #130
      Anyone making a ram horn turbo exhaust manifold for 2.0 aba

    26. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      08-30-2011 02:31 PM #131

    27. 08-31-2011 04:41 AM #132
      How is the mileage on 2.0L AEG's with the stage 3 kit on it? Will I still be able to get above 24mpg?

    28. Member chasem407's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2008
      Location
      Orlando, Florida
      Posts
      2,427
      Vehicles
      2.1 20v BT
      08-31-2011 09:51 AM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by jpaquino23 View Post
      How is the mileage on 2.0L AEG's with the stage 3 kit on it? Will I still be able to get above 24mpg?
      depends how u drive....and where u drive

    29. 09-01-2011 02:48 AM #134
      Well here's the thing. My friend and I both have AEG motors, and we just installed the stg 3 kit on his 2.0l. It boosts and everything, but his mpg went from 29 down to 10-15 mpg. Is that normal? Well, if it's only something wrong with his car, it doesn't worry me too much and I might consider getting the same kit also.

    30. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      09-01-2011 01:09 PM #135


      It will depend on how you drive the car, but the kit uses much larger injectors than stock. So yes, it is normal for the fuel mileage to go down. I would imagine that your friend is pretty excited to have so much extra power in his car, so he's probably driving around with a heavier than normal right foot. If you can drive around lightly, you should see your MPG go back up.

    31. 09-01-2011 09:33 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post


      It will depend on how you drive the car, but the kit uses much larger injectors than stock. So yes, it is normal for the fuel mileage to go down. I would imagine that your friend is pretty excited to have so much extra power in his car, so he's probably driving around with a heavier than normal right foot. If you can drive around lightly, you should see your MPG go back up.:thumbup:
      Lol yes i was serious unfortunately. Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.:beer:

    32. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      09-02-2011 01:18 PM #137
      haha. No problem, man. We're just teasin ya.

      Your MPG should stay around the same when you aren't boosting all the time. Your MFA will not read accurately because the injectors are bigger than stock, so you will have to calculate your fuel mileage manually.

      Full Tank / Distance driven =

    33. Member kevinescobar15's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2010
      Location
      Auburn, Wa
      Posts
      653
      Vehicles
      Mk4 2.0T on megasquirtII
      09-02-2011 01:37 PM #138
      i just bought the stage 3 from (BBM ) and its already installed and everything, im waiting for the ecu to get back but my question is, do you guys dyno tune? im located in Washington.
      One slow MK4 8vT

    34. Banner Advertiser CTS Turbo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2nd, 2008
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      6,254
      Vehicles
      01 S4, 02 996TT, 04 A4, 12 Golf R, 15 GTI, 12 TTRS
      09-06-2011 02:22 PM #139
      Holler at Blitzkrieg Autowerks. 604.253.6586. Bob and Cheyne can dyno tune.

    35. Member kevinescobar15's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 27th, 2010
      Location
      Auburn, Wa
      Posts
      653
      Vehicles
      Mk4 2.0T on megasquirtII
      09-06-2011 07:49 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by CTS Turbo View Post
      Holler at Blitzkrieg Autowerks. 604.253.6586. Bob and Cheyne can dyno tune.
      alright cool. i give them a call once my damn ECU gets back from C2.
      are they located in WA or BC?
      One slow MK4 8vT

    Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •