VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

kylecrish's timeline: Reflex jetta

124K views 1K replies 213 participants last post by  vwluger22 
#1 ·
just figured id make a timeline so i dont feel the need to start a new thread whenever i get something fun. anywho, ill track back to the day i bought it. this past april. 09 jetta s. 5 spd manual.
me with my first new car pose

i soon after bought some wheels which i had a helluva time trying to get on. i didnt like them and needed smaller tires so i sold them for a big profit.

i then lowered it using these

and got this

rocked the steely look for a bit, but eventually got bored. bought some roof racks and went camping with it.... not a good idea when youre just under 24" from ground to fender arch.

now, i just ran across an amazing deal on some sc430 wheels. and picked them up today. so here they are. no tires yet. will come as soon as the funds allow it.

more will be added when more fun things hit my door step.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by KyleCrish at 3:40 PM 8-27-2009

Modified by KyleCrish at 4:48 PM 8-28-2009

See less See more
#1,067 ·
As always...well done. I almost went to H2Oi at the last minute, but got dozens of texts telling me how retarded it was and I really didn't want to expose my 6 year old to that nonsense since he would have been be with me. I was hoping to see this car in person especially. Looks great.:thumbup:

#1,072 ·
wish you came down man, i would have liked to meet you. if you stayed away from 45th st, then it wasnt too bad. i kept away from the dbags.

Car looked good in person buddy, wish we could have talked more then just hi/by hah but I didnt want to hold up taphouse exit. Also seen you pull in at the MKV gtg but had to leave right after that as that cop told us we had to go.
Thanks man, i actually introduced myself at one point, but i dont think the name clicked haha.

Car looked amazing in person man! love it!
Earl! everytime i see you im either parking, leaving, or otherwise needing to be somewhere. one of these times im gonna stop and have a conversation.

I love everything about this car.
Thank you! youre car is always on point as well :beer:

I have been wanting to try those tig wheels for awhile, love them! Just tough at 19x9.. What tire size you running? 215/35?
yup, exactly. im going to be selling them when i take them off for the winter in november. so if youre interested let me know :cool:

#1,081 ·
So the savannahs should be gone in the morning and a new lightweight option will be showing up in the near future. It's time to finally put this ISC suspension to good use and make this car handle a bit better.

List of parts wanted before the end of summer
-poly bushings
-engine/trans mounts
-bigger swaybars

Also looking to start buying some bracing for the body so there isnt as much flex. I would love to get the full Unibody 3 piece set. But that seems a bit out of my price range for now...

#1,083 ·
Ive been off doing my own thing. The jetta got beat up this winter with new dings, and someone backed into me while I was parked on the street, destroying my shaved bumper. So I kinda gave up on it for a while and started building my bike.

And I would like to start working towards tracking it. But its far too heavy and underpowered with no handling improvements to hit the track right now... :beer:

#1,094 ·
staggered was really unorganized… people that pre registered didnt get to show their cars because they got there a few minutes after 10:30 but certain people were let in anyway. some people had to pay to get in.. some just walked in. parking was down hill on the grass.. so imagine stanced cars trying to climb that hill with sport tires lol. overall there was a nice mix of cars and alot to see. for my first show i enjoyed it but it was a pain trying to leave

#1,095 ·
a few photos by earlsky from h2o!

my car wasnt looking its best, but things are already changing. finally got the harness hooked up for the projector fogs, got new cherry euro tails, and hella projector headlights. also picked up a set of audi winter wheels with pirelli snow tires. next thing i need to do is fix that disgusting front bumper. and repaint my sideskirts.

heres to spending all my money on my car :beer:

#1,098 ·
You're telling me, dude! Ive been maxed out on coilovers for so long that it was weird to finally be able to take corners at some pretty absurd speeds. It felt real. I don't want to keep the super bubbly tires, but id like to get a nice set of rpf1s and do a similar setup to ed pudvah. having the best of both worlds.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.