VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

kylecrish's timeline: Reflex jetta

124K views 1K replies 213 participants last post by  vwluger22 
#1 ·
just figured id make a timeline so i dont feel the need to start a new thread whenever i get something fun. anywho, ill track back to the day i bought it. this past april. 09 jetta s. 5 spd manual.
me with my first new car pose

i soon after bought some wheels which i had a helluva time trying to get on. i didnt like them and needed smaller tires so i sold them for a big profit.

i then lowered it using these

and got this

rocked the steely look for a bit, but eventually got bored. bought some roof racks and went camping with it.... not a good idea when youre just under 24" from ground to fender arch.

now, i just ran across an amazing deal on some sc430 wheels. and picked them up today. so here they are. no tires yet. will come as soon as the funds allow it.

more will be added when more fun things hit my door step.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Modified by KyleCrish at 3:40 PM 8-27-2009

Modified by KyleCrish at 4:48 PM 8-28-2009

See less See more
#52 ·
Re: (KyleCrish)

Quote, originally posted by KyleCrish »

possibly, its hard for me to make more than one meet a week, and i tend to head up to the sds meets in newington on tuesdays. i gotta cut back on my mileage, 10k in 6 months isnt good.

true that. make the trip if you can.

#56 ·
Re: (KyleCrish)

Quote, originally posted by KyleCrish »
this is the color i am planning on doing eventually, most likely sometime over the winter. and i think i would do the spokes and leave the centers that brushed look. mirrors are a must http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
midnight purple pearl, very rare nissan color. came on 300zx's, skylines, and sylvias i believe.

eww.

#57 ·
Re: (LeBlanc.)

Quote, originally posted by LeBlanc. »

eww.

im open to suggestions. i want something dark w/ a pearl in it. something that will look classy with the silver. i wanted to do something a little more maroon/bordeaux. but ducky has pretty much the exact same deal going on. minus the wheels. ill eventually have all oem votex valences and skirts.

#58 ·
Reminds me a lot of my car...lol
Did you rattle can your bumper lenses or have them professionally done? I was thinking about doing the black and silver look so may smoke them but I do like the look of painted. Just worried they wont match in certain light and it will bug the crap out of me. Yours look great.

#60 ·
Re: (MoparDubDude)

Quote, originally posted by MoparDubDude »
Reminds me a lot of my car...lol
Did you rattle can your bumper lenses or have them professionally done? I was thinking about doing the black and silver look so may smoke them but I do like the look of painted. Just worried they wont match in certain light and it will bug the crap out of me. Yours look great.

i work next to a body shop so i just handed them over and told them to do it whenever they had a silver car in the booth. they obviously used reflex silver for mine though. took 1 week and $50.. i thought it was a little steep, but whatever. thanks man!

#69 ·
so ive been thinking more and more lately about what i want to do with this car. and the fact that im still paying on it and ive already killed my suspension warranty kinda pisses me off, knowing that if something serious goes wrong. im ****ed. im a part time student, full time worker, that will hopefully be entering police academy next summer. so im not exactly broke. but i have a good budget.
ive been debating on whether or not i want to get rid of the suspension and wheels and just buy a 2nd car that i can beat on and put a little money into instead of this. and keep this car for a DD.....
what would you guys go with, for under 2g's? im thinking mk1 rabbit 16v 4door. maybe tdi if i can find one with low mileage. this is all still being thought about quite a bit. i just want to get some opinions on what you would do in my situation.

#70 ·
yeah i hope i can make my jetta look like that, maybe different rims but that drop is just *fap fap*. Hopefully my Vmaxx can go that low

#71 ·
Re: (phx08)

so my stuff from tmtuning finally arrived. got my scirocco/cc/mk6 euro switch w/ the silver accent along with my dash tray. already installed the euro switch but havent programmed it for the parking lights yet. ill get some pictures once i have the tray in.
i also took off the roofrack, it'll go back on once some snow starts accumulating. its really weird looking at the car now. i havent seen it without the roofrack since before i put the wheels on over 3 months ago. kinda looks sporty now...

Modified by KyleCrish at 5:28 PM 11-18-2009

#74 ·
Re: (kylesprague)

it does indeed look cleaner. but it also looks kinda boring. so simple.
Quote, originally posted by kylesprague »
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
a friend of mine was runnin a rack without the fairing and damn that thing was noisy.

mine was very noisy before i put the fairing on, now i only hear it on the highway, and its not even that bad. im just tryin to get a little better gas mileage right now. im broke as hell and ive been driving a ton. hit 12,345 today and took a cell pic. car is only 6 months old though... not good.

and the wheels i was thinking about possibly picking up. never seen em before.

Modified by KyleCrish at 5:55 PM 11-18-2009

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.