VWVortex

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 2871R or 50 Trim

1. Member
      Vehicles
      94 Jetta scrapin pinch welds
      03-15-2012 11:02 AM #276
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_Tom View Post
      i agree this country is eff'd. my total for the order was 28.45 shipped from germanautoparts.com. the inserts were 22.80 w/ no tax. shipping was 5.65. I'm happy w/ that. the stealership wanted $10 each and they would would have had to order it. i said thanks i can do that much myself and for cheaper i'll probably have them this weekend

Stock up on any new old tock MKIV parts, VW/Audi cuts everything at about 10 years, and then it is oem like manufacturers or used.

I have to get some new old stock pieces for my B5 1.8TQ, and they are going to hurt my butt bad with the expense. I need side trim for the rocker panels, fron valence, rubber seals and other stupid stuff that is outrageous -- yet totally not in demand save for a few like us.

H are the latest and final revision. D are a second revision and the original parts apparently were just 06B-133-555

2. 03-15-2012 11:21 AM #277
      GAP is awesome to deal with. If you've got any questions just call in and they'll get you sorted right out.
      MK4 Junker : PAG 50trim Kit : AEB : RMR : Eurodyne
      P.P.T. - Pag Parts Turbo
      B6 A4 : Slow

Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      03-16-2012 01:31 PM #278
      Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
      GAP is awesome to deal with. If you've got any questions just call in and they'll get you sorted right out.
      awesome. their prices and shipping seem to be on point so far. my parts will be here in 2 hours.

on a side note, i talked to a good friend of mine who owns/operates european auto mechanic shop. he told me, just bring the car and he'll change my inserts for free. he also mentioned that on some of his cars he has applied epoxy/silicone in the area to stop the leaks. if you only have one leaky cup, that could be a solution for you. beats the hell out of pulling the intake manifold i already bought the parts so I'm going to just install them myself or let him do it
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

Vehicles
      03-16-2012 03:29 PM #279
      It appears the latest vw/audi version of this the white color. the one's i got today from GAP were white and they the bad label had the old and new part numbers on it. They also sent me a kool sticker for my car

My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta TDI; 05 VW Jetta GLI 5857BT
      03-16-2012 06:57 PM #280
      They also sent me a kool sticker for my car
      Proof of kool sticker?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      03-20-2012 04:13 PM #281
      Quote Originally Posted by schwartzmagic View Post
      Proof of kool sticker?

Snapped A Buncha Pic When I removed the intake mani today. Took about 30 mins including beer drinking and picture taking time My intake valves have no build up at all on them, i was pretty happy about that. My injector cups were in terrible shape I put a little silicone on the new ones to ensure no leakage. I have not peeled off the excess yet (it's still drying). I took the time to clean my throttle body while the intake mani was off as well. You definitely need a 20mm hex bit/key to get the inserts out and put the new ones in, that's what we used. Hopefully when i put this thing back on in a little, i've have a nicer idle

Last edited by Big_Tom; 05-30-2012 at 10:46 PM.

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32, 2004 Passat GLS 4motion (Sold), 1995 Passat GLX (Sold), 1994 Jetta 8v ITB'ed (Sold)
      03-20-2012 04:24 PM #282
      I just bought something from germanautoparts and didn't get a sticker

You must be cool

8. 03-20-2012 04:28 PM #283
      I don' think I would've used silicone there. Goop makes a fuel and oil friendly adhesive that works good.
      MK4 Junker : PAG 50trim Kit : AEB : RMR : Eurodyne
      P.P.T. - Pag Parts Turbo
      B6 A4 : Slow

Vehicles
      03-20-2012 05:55 PM #284
      Quote Originally Posted by ArcticFox View Post
      I just bought something from germanautoparts and didn't get a sticker

You must be cool
      hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by screwball View Post
      I don' think I would've used silicone there. Goop makes a fuel and oil friendly adhesive that works good.
      there probably is a better sealant out there, but i dont think i'll have any problems w/ this.

Also big boost keeps those intake valves clean

Vehicles
      03-20-2012 07:38 PM #285

Snapped A Buncha Pic When I removed the intake mani today. Took about 30 mins including beer drinking and picture taking time My intake valves have no build up at all on them, i was pretty happy about that. My injector cups were in terrible shape I put a little silicone on the new ones to ensure no leakage. I have not peeled off the excess yet (it's still drying). I took the time to clean my throttle body while the intake mani was off as well. You definitely need a 20mm hex bit/key to get the inserts out and put the new ones in, that's what we used. Hopefully when i put this thing back on in a little, i've have a nicer idle

Stop dickin around and relocate your ps reservoir already and tuck your passenger side wires... Eyesore I swear :p

11. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      03-20-2012 07:57 PM #286
      Stop dickin around and relocate your ps reservoir already and tuck your passenger side wires... Eyesore I swear :p

X2.. and DO SOMETHING with that abortion of a charge pipe mess

Looking like a bag of dîcks Tom

Vehicles
      03-20-2012 08:13 PM #287

Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      X2.. and DO SOMETHING with that abortion of a charge pipe mess

Looking like a bag of dîcks Tom
      NO & NOOOOOOO

13. Banned dubinsincuwereindiapers's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Bugatti Veyron
      03-20-2012 08:26 PM #288
      NO & NOOOOOOO
      Bag of uncircumcised, wart covered dîcks Tom

Vehicles
      03-20-2012 08:31 PM #289
      Quote Originally Posted by dubinsincuwereindiapers View Post
      Bag of uncircumcised, wart covered dîcks Tom

NNNNNNOOOOOOOOO

15. Member
      Vehicles
      94 Jetta scrapin pinch welds
      03-26-2012 04:22 PM #290
      Did you finish up?

I did mine this weekend. Took two whole pictures. I had to burn out 2 and smash them, 2 came out with my welded bolt/nut tool. I used 3 wraps of PTFE tape on each. Idle is much better and easier leaving the line, but still a chip tune idle and response.

Vehicles
      03-26-2012 09:43 PM #291
      Hey Tom.... Come down to SFL one of these weekends, so you can race Richard already and park his ass and see about getting your passenger side all tucked away.

Vehicles
      03-26-2012 09:51 PM #292
      Hey Tom.... Come down to SFL one of these weekends, so you can race Richard already and park his ass and see about getting your passenger side all tucked away.

I'm back and forth between SFL and Orlando all the time. I don't want to meet that idiot REAL RAP with how annoying the dude is, racing would be the LAST thing on my mind if i met this cat.

I'll get around to the passenger side wireharness tuck lol. I'm working on other things right now. I'm about to go pick up a new intake manifold gasket right now actually. I'm gonna install it tonight.

**When I come down there I'm usually in the Liberty City area, not South Beach
      Last edited by Big_Tom; 03-26-2012 at 09:57 PM.

Vehicles
      1995 Saturn SW1
      03-26-2012 11:29 PM #293
      Hey Tom

Car looks good

Are you limiting boost via MBC or software?
      Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      This thread is now about car cakes.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Things I learned today: You don't have to pass grade 12 English to Manage a Honda dealership.

Vehicles
      03-26-2012 11:35 PM #294
      Quote Originally Posted by rains View Post
      Hey Tom

Car looks good

Are you limiting boost via MBC or software?
      Thanks! Yup, I am running a Turbo XS MBC

Vehicles
      03-27-2012 12:22 AM #295
      Just came back from Autozone this a new intake mani gasket. I'm about to go install it now, this should wrap up the new injector bung install. Next step, is for me to get down to VAP for that VVT update and maybe some idle tuning. I'll know about the idle later on tonight after start the car

21. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2001 Audi TT Quattro
      03-27-2012 01:10 AM #296
      I'm back and forth between SFL and Orlando all the time. I don't want to meet that idiot REAL RAP with how annoying the dude is, racing would be the LAST thing on my mind if i met this cat.

I'll get around to the passenger side wireharness tuck lol. I'm working on other things right now. I'm about to go pick up a new intake manifold gasket right now actually. I'm gonna install it tonight.

**When I come down there I'm usually in the Liberty City area, not South Beach
      Awww c'mon Tom you can't even afford to park on South Beach. We know you prefer to hang with the cheap hookers in Liberty City anyways

Vehicles
      03-27-2012 01:21 AM #297
      ^^^ yet another useless post refrain from posting your nonsense in my thread

Vehicles
      2001 Jetta 1.8 BT
      03-27-2012 10:24 AM #298
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      Awww c'mon Tom you can't even afford to park on South Beach. We know you prefer to hang with the cheap hookers in Liberty City anyways
      GT3071r w/ Eurodyne 630cc Mafless File / Siemens 630cc Injectors / Inline Walbro Fuel Pump / Port and Polished AWP Head w/ exhaust valves / IE Rods / VDO Boost+Vac Gauge / WideBand A/F Gauge / 3" Down pipe / Boostvalve MBC / 38mm EWG / Custom Intake Side / VF FMIC / 3" Eurojet Catback Exhaust / HKS SSQV / ECS Stage 2 Clutch, W/ Light Weight Flywheel**Vag Com - East Greenville, Pennsylvania** Pagparts/Eurodyne

Vehicles
      1995 Saturn SW1
      03-27-2012 01:05 PM #299
      Quick note on the Fel-Pro IM gasket:

as far as I can tell, Fel-Pro doesn't make an IM gasket that will fit the AEB head. No matter which vehicle/ motor you look up, you get the same part number.

97-99 A4, or the B5, same listing as any other small port.

And here's a size comparison. Blue is Fel-Pro, Black is what I pulled off.

Quote Originally Posted by VadGTI View Post
      This thread is now about car cakes.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      Things I learned today: You don't have to pass grade 12 English to Manage a Honda dealership.

Vehicles
      '08 Jetta 2.5 '02 GTI 337 '97 BMW 328i
      03-27-2012 01:44 PM #300
      Next step, is for me to get down to VAP for that VVT update and maybe some idle tuning. I'll know about the idle later on tonight after start the car
      Why even waste the money on labor unless you have a hookup and they are doing it free. Just pay the Maestro upgrade fee. Then you have easy access to any future updates, cable, a vag-com and full blown logger too. Then you can actually see what is going on with the car and not just blame problems on software for 2 years
      GTi 337 Edition ~ 322WHP 270WTQ
      {PPT T3/T4 50 TRIM .63 Haldex Kit - Eurodyne Maestro - 630cc Injectors - IE Rods - AEB Head w/ VVT - CAT Cam Gear - Walbro Inline - Audi S3 Gearbox - Peloquin Diff - SouthBend STGIII Clutch - .:R32 LCA's/Spindles/Rack - Ksport Audi TT Coilovers - 25mm R32 FSB - 28mm RSB - Porsche BBK - Eurojet FMIC - FSI Coils - 2 Stage Boostvalve - HKS SSQV }

Page 12 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast