Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: 2871R or 50 Trim

Vehicles
      01 Jetta Wolfsburg Ed, 04 Jetta GLI 24v 6spd
      09-23-2012 10:55 PM #526
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      The car is being built to run in a specific class where you must be 2200+ lbs

I think racing other people is much more exciting than racing against yourself
      so go make your own build thread and stop trolling mine

Last edited by Big_Tom; 09-23-2012 at 11:14 PM.
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

2. 09-24-2012 12:11 AM #527

^^^^ Richie's idea of a "Drag Race"
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

Vehicles
      02 337. 08 F150
      09-24-2012 12:23 AM #528
      Gangnam style! Sexy lady!
      2.1L, 1000cc, Maestro, CompTurbo 5558, CTS, IE intake, Scat rods, more to come..

Vehicles
      09-24-2012 06:14 PM #529
      I call treadstone up about this mishap... the guy tries to tell me the 1.8t is a 16v and they sent me the correct manifold at first. and then goes on to tell me about the 25% percent restocking fee i sent the mani back today, these fools owe me a full refund... i should haggle them about me having to pay return shipping for this $hit as well. these guys are clueless
      My Thread Fk AK Coilovers, Full 3" Exhaust, Custom FMIC, Forge Evo14 BOV, Forge Unos MBC, Forge Throttle Body Hose, Prothane Dog Bone Mount, BFI STG 1 Eng/Trans Mounts, Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit, TT Short Shifter, Siemens 630s, Walbro 255, DBB Garrett 50 Trim Turbo Kit, Eurodyne 630cc MAFLESS PAGPARTS FTW -- STEVEBILT.COM -- Integrated Engineering -- FourSeasonTuning.com Don't Buy Anything From *ChunkyPeanuts*

Vehicles
      1984 GLi 20v, '13 335is, '85 Golf, '10 Ninja
      09-24-2012 06:38 PM #530
      did you talk to Jason like i said. i have only dealt with him, because he had a clue.

don't let one idiot ruin everything. if you do then i consider this entire forum worthy of a horrible demise immediately lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
      :HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS:1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG
      Quote Originally Posted by frechem View Post
      I like my women how I like my whiskey; aged 18 years and mixed up with coke.
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      09-24-2012 06:46 PM #531
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta Gti View Post
      did you talk to Jason like i said. i have only dealt with him, because he had a clue.

don't let one idiot ruin everything. if you do then i consider this entire forum worthy of a horrible demise immediately lol

i didn't ask his name. i was just calling to confirm the return shipping address and make sure they would issue a refund. i was sucked into the small talk

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 05:59 PM #532
      A little update... I called up treadstone about the refund issue and i was told i'd be getting a full refund... They did not refund my original shipping charges. So I am going to have to call them again on Monday and bitch about this. It's funny they expect me to pay for them to ship a damaged part totally different than what i ordered Not to mention shipping back to them was only $12.xx when I paid $22.xx for shipping to me

Aside from that I pulled the kinetic o2 pipe off my car today... I don't even know where to start with that piece...

Notice the nice burn on my firewall...

8. Banner Advertiser doug@frankenturbo.com's Avatar
      09-29-2012 06:20 PM #533
      Good grief. How did that happen?

I have always suspected heat wrap could lead to damaging the metal beneath. Hmmm.
      www.frankenturbo.com
      Let's Do This

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 06:26 PM #534
      Quote Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo.com View Post

I have always suspected heat wrap could lead to damaging the metal beneath. Hmmm.
      LOL! It's not the heat wrap. I had that wg section repaired once before i ever heat wrapped the o2 pipe. i ran for 6 or 8 months with no heat wrap and no blanket on turbo. had have the wg reroute repaired once during that time frame

10. 09-29-2012 06:48 PM #535
      Damn.. That pipe didn't hold up at all

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 07:58 PM #536
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod Ratio View Post
      Damn.. That pipe didn't hold up at all
      Nope it sure didnt....

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 08:34 PM #537
      Quote Originally Posted by doug@frankenturbo.com View Post

five years with my dp, wg feed,wg dump and a majority of my exhaust wrapped. no issues. hand tig'd 304 SS vbanded on the garage floor

GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 08:38 PM #538
      five years with my dp, wg feed,wg dump and a majority of my exhaust wrapped. no issues. hand tig'd 304 SS vbanded on the garage floor

if it's made right it won't crack... exhaust wrap or not

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      09-29-2012 10:39 PM #539
      Look at that pure garbage repair job, enough said.
      CTS gt3071r and more

15. 09-29-2012 10:46 PM #540
      Quote Originally Posted by sabbySC View Post
      Shouldn't have had to be repaired in the first place. CTS kit is junk as delivered. Tom's getting a REAL dp fab'd by Arnold now.

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      09-29-2012 11:08 PM #541
      Shouldn't have had to be repaired in the first place. CTS kit is junk as delivered. Tom's getting a REAL dp fab'd by Arnold now.
      Says you.

Toms kit was bought used. What motor mounts has his kit been run with? How about the guy that had it before him? I'd say stuffs going to break in time if it is exposed to excessive stress. If the down pipe didn't break than maybe the flex pipe would, than you could say, such and such exhaust is crap.

The kit is fine, you've got to use your head and ask why it broke in the first place.
      CTS gt3071r and more

17. 09-29-2012 11:23 PM #542
      Says you.

Toms kit was bought used. What motor mounts has his kit been run with? How about the guy that had it before him? I'd say stuffs going to break in time if it is exposed to excessive stress. If the down pipe didn't break than maybe the flex pipe would, than you could say, such and such exhaust is crap.

The kit is fine, you've got to use your head and ask why it broke in the first place.
      Its just a poor design. The Turbo is in a terrible location that holds heat in the bay, and that corny up pipe that loops around like a 1970's Hooker earing before it TAPERS to a restriction at the turbine outlet. Its just plain schit.

Don't even get me started on how you have to heat shield, and wrap every damn thing, and it STILL torches the bay. Heck they don't even supply proper supply and drain lines.

Im pretty sure Tom has density line mounts too.

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      09-29-2012 11:33 PM #543
      Its just a poor design. The Turbo is in a terrible location that holds heat in the bay, and that corny up pipe that loops around like a 1970's Hooker earing before it TAPERS to a restriction at the turbine outlet. Its just plain schit.

Don't even get me started on how you have to heat shield, and wrap every damn thing, and it STILL torches the bay. Heck they don't even supply proper supply and drain lines.

Im pretty sure Tom has density line mounts too.
      He didn't have those mounts the whole time. As stated who knows what the person before was running.

My supply and drain lines worked and fit flawlessly, even when I went from a 50t to 3071 my lines still worked and fit without issue. My engine bay isn't very hot and I still run my hood blanket. I do have everything heat wrapped, and I run a turbo blanket, without that it did get hot.

Just run your setup and be happy with it. Every setup has its strengths and weaknesses, just like everyone's got their own opinion. I don't really see much need to go on and on about how you think the cuts setup doesn't meet your standard, nothing constructive comes from this approach.
      CTS gt3071r and more

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 11:37 PM #544
      the repair job is not pretty, i never said it was. with that being said I have BFI stg 1 mounts... it's in my sig and pics in this thread... AND my ebay downpipe has managed to hold up 5+ years without multiple cracks

ur right it should not have had to be repaired in the 1st place. hence the reason why i'm not having it repaired again

Vehicles
      09-29-2012 11:45 PM #545
      He didn't have those mounts the whole time. As stated who knows what the person before was running.

My supply and drain lines worked and fit flawlessly, even when I went from a 50t to 3071 my lines still worked and fit without issue. My engine bay isn't very hot and I still run my hood blanket. I do have everything heat wrapped, and I run a turbo blanket, without that it did get hot.

Just run your setup and be happy with it. Every setup has its strengths and weaknesses, just like everyone's got their own opinion. I don't really see much need to go on and on about how you think the cuts setup doesn't meet your standard, nothing constructive comes from this approach.
      yah, the temps are fine on my car as well with the blanket and wrap. i did buy my kit used and did not get the fancy ss braided oil return like, it came with a rubber/silicone line. I did not have my mounts the entire time, no BUT i have had them on for over a year. when i posted all that dyno stuff back in feb or april this year, the o2 pipe was not broken like this or falling apart.. i've had all upgraded mounts since before them, it should not be falling apart now

Vehicles
      09-30-2012 11:01 AM #546
      BTW that o2 pipe is for sale... $495 OBO

22. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta 1.8T Racecar, 2001 Jetta 2.slow daily beater
      09-30-2012 11:50 AM #547

I completely agree. Let's face it, the CTS kit is designed for people who already have the basic 1.8t bolt ons and are just entering the BT market. It's great for people who want to reuse their stock downpipe and whatever intercooler kit they bought for their stock turbo.

It works great for marketing but not so great in practice as other designs have proven to be more reliable.

Tom I hope arnold can set you up with a proper downpipe that can take some abuse

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      09-30-2012 12:38 PM #548
      Quote Originally Posted by formerly silveratljetta View Post
      I completely agree. Let's face it, the CTS kit is designed for people who already have the basic 1.8t bolt ons and are just entering the BT market. It's great for people who want to reuse their stock downpipe and whatever intercooler kit they bought for their stock turbo.

It works great for marketing but not so great in practice as other designs have proven to be more reliable.

Tom I hope arnold can set you up with a proper downpipe that can take some abuse
      I don't know, just post up your dynos and stop being whiny bitches. Prove your setups are so vastly superior instead of constantly chucking chit.

It just comes across as some sort of need for a handfull of users of other kits who need to prove their own manly hood by putting down others. It's like we have a bunch nasa engineers in here
      CTS gt3071r and more

24. Member formerly silveratljetta's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2000 Jetta 1.8T Racecar, 2001 Jetta 2.slow daily beater
      09-30-2012 12:57 PM #549
      I don't know, just post up your dynos and stop being whiny bitches. Prove your setups are so vastly superior instead of constantly chucking chit.

It just comes across as some sort of need for a handfull of users of other kits who need to prove their own manly hood by putting down others. It's like we have a bunch nasa engineers in here
      I had a CTS mani for a little less than a year. The manifold held up fine. Thankfully I had a custom vbanded downpipe and never had to deal with any of these issues

Vehicles
      09-30-2012 03:40 PM #550
      i've installed plenty CTS kits..i think their weak. could be so much better, but their 1.8t stuff is changing with the kinetic **** being mixed in...**** all of their stuff is changing, but as stated previously. this isn't the first crackec,broken,etc DP or feed pipe from CTS i've seen take a dump.

pagparts is always going to be superior because it is a fabricator making a setup that is a bit more specific and always using quality material for each build instead of just making a KIT to sell.

DIY or die i say lol

btw, sabby what did you put down?
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      09-30-2012 03:46 PM #551
      btw, sabby what did you put down?
      343whp @ 24psi on the 50t, stock intake, stock tb (dynoject)

324whp @ 20psi on the 3071 sem intake, 70mm tb (dyno dynamics) I wasn't able to up my boost as on that day my ebc decided to take a dump and not work.

I don't get dyno queen numbers out of my setup but I attribute alot of that to the fact I run a stock head and cams.
      CTS gt3071r and more

Vehicles
      09-30-2012 03:59 PM #552
      dynodynamics are the way to go.

i don't think the stock head has anything to do with it. i made 406@25psi on 92 with a completely stock AWP head and a crappy smallport homebrew manifold that couldn't stay together and an 80mm tb.

there is power in there, just gotta work it out!
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      09-30-2012 04:05 PM #553
      I'm at 3600ft above sea level as well, I'm going to try dynoing somewhere closer to sea level next year and see what kind of affect that has on things.

I also run a cat which I have been told definately hurts my dyno results.
      CTS gt3071r and more

Vehicles
      09-30-2012 04:23 PM #554
      i had a cat in as well, i took it out on a run after that, same output lol. it isn't a huge gain..2-5whp tops if it's a high flow, double that is it's an OEM.

being sealevel will def push you closer to 375-380
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 03:12 PM #555
      343whp @ 24psi on the 50t, stock intake, stock tb (dynoject)

324whp @ 20psi on the 3071 sem intake, 70mm tb (dyno dynamics) I wasn't able to up my boost as on that day my ebc decided to take a dump and not work.

I don't get dyno queen numbers out of my setup but I attribute alot of that to the fact I run a stock head and cams.
      i think those are respectable numbers, especially for being at altitude

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 03:20 PM #556
      they most definetely are
      GTS Dealer.MK!forLife

Vehicles
      2003 GTI
      10-01-2012 08:38 PM #557
      Why thanks

edit - I spelled why wrong, lol
      Last edited by sabbySC; 10-01-2012 at 11:06 PM.
      CTS gt3071r and more

Vehicles
      10-01-2012 10:55 PM #558
      Whay thanks

Vehicles
      10-03-2012 06:32 PM #559
      A few things showed up in the mail today... Should have my turbo kit back from Pagparts Friday or Monday

Vehicles
      1989 Helios GLI 1997 Mk3 ****box
      10-03-2012 07:01 PM #560
      Can't wait to see how this ends up

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast