VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2871R or 50 Trim

166K views 1K replies 95 participants last post by  jebglx 
#1 · (Edited)
What do you guys think? I know what they're capable of, but I want to hear what you guys think would be a better turbo for a 320whp to 340whp car. My motor WILL have IE rods. Lets hear it peeps :) Also I don't care about the difference in price, only the turbo itself. :thumbup:

*another update... Car is now DBB 50 Trim'd (1-8-2013) Just a couple new pics

*edit* garrett journal bearing 50 trim in pics below. (2-12-2011)

See less See more
#145 ·
crank that journal to 86 psi:eek::D

#146 ·
i'll run 28 psi daily when i get rods lol :beer:

#147 ·
get some rods so u can have it by summer :)

#148 ·
I plan to visit Al @ pagparts in July for the bottom end work ;)

#154 · (Edited)
:sly:

yea, i plan to do 20, 22-23, and 25 psi runs. i say i feel it on the butt dyno because i wont get pwned by ASR in 3rd if i run 20-21 psi. if its 22.5-23, i get pwned by asr in 3rd if i dont turn it off. happened last night :facepalm:

#156 ·
you have a good 5-6 pounds left in that turbo :thumbup:

#158 ·
^^^fluff! have faith ;)

#161 ·
Just came back from the dyno. 1st 2 runs runs were made @ 22 psi. last one was 23 psi. I'll post the sheets and a couple videos later

Run 1: Spun tires on the dyno ended up w/ 267whp and 251 wtq
Run 2: 315whp and 267 wtq
Run 3: 330whp and 276 wtq

#163 · (Edited)
ever since I made this thread i said i was shooting for 320-340whp. The number is right where i wanted to be from day 1 so im happy in that regard. i have a so-so setup as well so i think i'm doing pretty good for 2" hotside piping, no tweaks or logs ever taken. of course i would have been happy to see 340whp+ today, but that can easily be attained. The car has more in it for sure, but for right now i am happy. also, i know the car makes more power on the street than on the dyno ;)

*edit also i have a cxracing intercooler ;) i love this thing, but we all know there are better intercoolers out there. i could easily see a 10+whp diff if I went w/ a pag 500HP FMIC kit

#165 ·
thanks bro :beer: wait till u see the videos i'm uploading ;)

#166 ·
Those were nice numbers:thumbup:
I hope to see something along those lines too.
I have 2.5" hot and cold side, big port intake, etc.
I'll be doing some tuning tomorrow :D to see if I can get to a dyno anytime soon too.

Nice work Tom :thumbup:

#167 ·
thanks :beer: you know whats funny? those are the exact same torque numbers i dyno'd on stock turbo w/ uni stg 1+ lol. with the 50 trim you get all the BT horsepower, but none of the rod breaking torque :laugh: i gained 110whp over stg 1+ and kept the same torque!

#170 ·
thanks man :beer:

With my K04-023, hiting 1.5bar, I should be around 300tq.
I know the torque is around the same, but the car goes like stink I bet :D
yes it does

#171 ·
#173 ·
Congrats bud. Im drinking a :beer: right now. I'll toast to you.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
:beer: Budewiser would never compromise drinkability lol

#175 ·
:):beer:

#179 ·
:beer:

Congrats on reaching your goals Tom:thumbup: Bet if you do go see Arnold and if you had him work on your base file some you'd see even better #'s
thanks:beer: yeah if I let Arnold tweak my file when i go to NY i'm sure i'd have a much better running car:thumbup: The man has done a hell of a job remote tuning tho :beer: I can't wait to get this VVT update from Eurodyne. It'll prob run a little better, but I'm really curious about the faster spool times guys are claiming

#178 ·
Congrats on reaching your goals Tom:thumbup: Bet if you do go see Arnold and if you had him work on your base file some you'd see even better #'s

#181 · (Edited)
i did mail him my ECU back for a reflash once since i went BT(the idle was just too bumpy for me). I just pulled the ECU and mailed it back in again. I've still never taken a single log on my car so I have no idea what he did, but when I got it back the car idle'd much better than the 1st flash I had. I'm happy with it now :)

Yup Arnold is the man :beer:

#182 · (Edited)
Here's a couple pics of my other car ;) Specs are Top Secret :p

#185 · (Edited)
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.