Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Fog light retrofit

1. 09-15-2009 07:12 AM #1
      Hi All

Bought the wife a Tiguan TSI. However the spec didnt include foglights so I'd like to retrofit them I know that the controller supports them as in VCDS I see the option to tick it. However I just need to know which parts I need?

It looks like Ill need the euro switch seeing that it doesnt pull out like my scirocco, and VW has the fglight housings etc which are pretty cheap. However I do need some part numbers.

Do the switches from the MKVs etc work with the tiguan? If not have you perhaps got a part number for me? Many thanks!

As you can see below, it looks pretty dull without the fogs... (oh and the silver doesnt help either, I wanted white!)

Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      09-15-2009 08:31 AM #2
      This is for the US part numbers for adding OEM fog light. Not sure if it will help you out or not

1t0-941-699-c Right Fog light
      1t0-941-700-c Left fog light
      5n0-853-655-a-9b9 - Right Grill
      5n0-853-655-a-9b9 - Left grill
      1k0-941-431-al-reh - Switch (not sure if that is the wiring, or the new light switch.

3. 09-15-2009 09:10 AM #3
      Thanks! I see that that is the same part number for the MKv switches!

Do you know of the wiring etc that is needed? Any part numbers there? THanks!

Vehicles
      09 TiG 6MT, 1990 Cabriolet, and Treg 2 v8
      09-15-2009 11:48 AM #4
      Tech at the Dealer ship told me all the wiring is already there. Its pretty much plug & play

But I can't confirm that since I have not tried it as of yet..

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Tiguan SEL 4Motion
      09-15-2009 01:03 PM #5
      He's in South Africa, so that may not be the case. There is a thread in her from NZTiguan detailing his addition of fogs though, which will likely be accurate for SA.

Vehicles
      2013 Tiguan 07 Suzi Swift
      09-15-2009 06:24 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by gilesrulz »
      He's in South Africa, so that may not be the case. There is a thread in her from NZTiguan detailing his addition of fogs though, which will likely be accurate for SA.

My part numbers etc won't be any use for you I'm afraid as I have a "Track and Field" Tig with the different front end BUT I can tell you that (here at least) the wiring was NOT in place for the front fogs (or not that we could find anyway !!) and so we wired direct from the battery with a relay off the rear fog wiring (we have the rear fog standard here, go figure !!!). Anyway, probably not much help I'm afraid !!

You may like to check out http://www.mytiguan.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5846 as he's just about to have them fitted in the UK.

Cheers

Modified by NZTIGUAN at 11:26 PM 9-15-2009

Derek
      Alexandra New Zealand
      Second Tig, 2013, TDi, Auto, night blue, park assist 2, auto lights and wipers, RCD510, fogs, tow pack
      http://www.alexandra.co.nz/

7. 09-16-2009 03:12 AM #7
      Thanks for all the help guys! I also heard that the wiring is there, just dont want to take it apart and find that I need harnesses haha! Will update once done!