VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The official ColaDubs thread - Columbia, SC

207K views 3K replies 148 participants last post by  Houpty GT 
#1 ·
It's official, after having our own forum for nearly a year and a half, we're moving back to the 'tex. It was simply too difficult for people new to the area to find us lurking off in our own little corner of the internet, and it was always a hassle for those of us running the boards. Not to mention the lack of attention to local GTGs from all but the same inner circle of folks. So, for the whole ColaDubs crew, welcome home.

See less See more
#2,853 ·
New to the Cola Area. Which place in town best to have tint done. I live out Sandills/Lake Carolina Area.

#2,854 ·
I used Mr Tint on Two Notch across from Audi dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2,864 ·
What day was VW day at PSA? Someone else there has a new Passat like mine same color.

#2,876 ·
I'll be back in the columbia area mid June. So hopefully I'll get to come to a meet in July. Keep me informed when and where.

#2,879 ·
Where to get springs installed in the cola area?????

#2,880 ·
So I'll be in Blythewood in early July to get this finished up.

Any insight on who could help refurbish the wheels? I planned on breaking them down and adding new bolts but need the curbage removed, maybe powder coat the centers to resemble somewhat of a OEM appearance.

Along with that, probably new coils. And if anyone has any leads on a tilt dash that would be greatly appreciated. With that, if anybody would like to stop by, offer a helping hand (not a let me help you drink your beer hand) then feel free. I'll be around here seeing what the scene looks like:beer::thumbup:

#2,881 ·
Here's a guy I've spoke with about wheel repair. dougramey@awrswheelrepair.com
I haven't had him do work for me because I sold the truck I was going to get the wheels fixed. But my buddy at Dick Smith Nissan recommended him to me.

#2,882 ·
Yes!

#2,883 ·
Where to go in the cola area for getting a mangaflow muffler put on. Also looking for a decent place. To get a spring install done... thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.