Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluetooth audio on 2010 CC sport help

1. 10-13-2009 09:24 PM #1
      I have a 2010 CC with the touch screen radio and factory bluetooth, I cannot get my Tmobile G1 to connect to the bluetooth audio feature under the "MEDIA" button, the regular phone option pairs flawlessly but not for the audio, any ideas why?

2. 10-13-2009 09:28 PM #2
      Dude, i tried it with my iphone 3gs, total fail. Tried it with two other bluetooth audio phones.... also fail.

3. 10-13-2009 09:32 PM #3
      its so weird, i cant figure it out at all, ive tried the option on aftermarket headunits like pioneer and it works fine so it cant be the G1.

btw we got the same car and im also in BK!

4. 10-13-2009 10:13 PM #4
      Yep, tried to sinc my phone to the media option also, no go. Can use it through the cell bluetooth just fine.

5. 10-14-2009 10:27 AM #5
      Same problem here with my 2010 CC Sport. Even though there is a setting to enable Bluetooth Audio, I was not able to connect my blackberry. I am wondering if the dealer would be of any help.

Vehicles
      2012 M3/2010 CC
      10-14-2009 01:57 PM #6
      The question is, what OEM Bluetooth module the CC has installed from factory?

The only VW published OEM Bluetooth module that supports A2DP is the Volk-L accessory. The report above that the "C" version of the "Skoda" module -729 supports A2DP is new.

The "Bluetooth Audio" enable screen will show up in the RNS-510, regardless if the Bluetooth module supports it or not, so it is not necessarily an indication of the actual feature being present.

7. 10-14-2009 02:37 PM #7
      You know... this it totally bull****! I was on the phone with v/w and they assured my that it was my iphone's fault that BT audio didn't work. ARGH. I i'm gonna call them a flip out, maybe they'll send me an MDI for all the trouble.

8. 10-14-2009 04:06 PM #8
      I have the 2010 touch screen non nav (RCD-510) and I was able to hook up my iPhone via the bluetooth.

The radio never asked or told me about the PIN/Code to use. The dealer told me it was "1111" or "0000" (i forgot).

I turned on the bluetooth in the car and then turned it on on my phone. Then the phone recognized the car and I entered the code.

Voila...it worked.

The whole process was not like most other device connections where the radio tells you what code to enter into the phone. So I went with what the dealer told me.

Good luck!

Check out my VW CC Forum! http://dervwcc.com
      We need members looking for a great new forum. We're setup to easily find info about the Volkswagen CC.

Vehicles
      askavwsalesguy.com
      10-14-2009 04:07 PM #9
      Bluetooth Audio must be enabled before you can use it

http://askavwsalesguy.wordpres...ystem/

10. 10-14-2009 04:12 PM #10
      I already tried that and it still does not work.

11. 10-14-2009 04:20 PM #11
      Yeah same here. The BT-Audio button is greyed out.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      New 12 CC R-line , 10 CC, 08 GTI, 05 GTI 03.5 GTI
      10-14-2009 05:56 PM #12
      Same here..... my 10 Sport will not do BT audio either. Come on VW, if its as simple as a module not being there own up to it and let the customer have the option of getting it. Stop burying your head blaming it on the phone.

Vehicles
      2012 M3/2010 CC
      10-14-2009 05:56 PM #13
      Quote, originally posted by thisisnotdave »
      Yeah same here. The BT-Audio button is greyed out.

That looks like a 0360 firmware change (I'm running 0320)...

Vehicles
      2012 M3/2010 CC
      10-14-2009 05:59 PM #14
      Quote, originally posted by jaronbrass »
      M3Tech,

According to ETKA, all 2010 CC's have the "C" module if they were built after 6/22/2009.

The same module is specified for other models, as well, which do have A2DP support based on various comments on here and other forums. I believe this applies to Jettas and Tiguans.

You said that you made the -C version work with the A2DP after some "significant amounts of trial, error, and calls to my buds"... what you actually did? Because it looks to me that it is not as simple as enabling the A2DP at the RNS-510.

15. 10-14-2009 06:25 PM #15
      According to the RCD's manual (which is not presently in front of, so not in verbatim.) you need to change some setting on your phone and the button will ungray. Honestly this is pretty annoying. I'm lazy call them right this minute. But calls will happen.

16. 10-14-2009 09:09 PM #16
      So noone else is able to simply just pair any phone? I dont even have a manual for the headunit, so I cant see what other types of setting i have to enable or change on my G1, and for the record the "activate bluetooth audio " is checked.

17. 10-15-2009 12:34 AM #17
      Jaron,

Thank you for your post. If you don't mind, I'm not as technically savvy as you and many others who post here, and I'd like to ask you a question.

I've just purchased a 2009 CC, with tech package, and Bluetooth with Voice recognition. I am able to enable Bluetooth Audio in the Setup screen on my RNS-510, but like everyone else, I get no connection. If I understand your comments correctly, I still may need the C module for A2DP connectivity because my manufacture date is prior to 6/22/09?

Thank you in advance,
      Dave

Vehicles
      2012 M3/2010 CC
      10-15-2009 07:08 AM #18
      Quote, originally posted by jaronbrass »
      I mentioned this in another thread... I used the Volk-L harness with both the C and D modules and A2DP worked on both modules. The Volk-L harness has both L and R audio channels going in to the RNS-510, whereas most of the aftermarket harnesses only use the L channel. This is because Volk-L supports A2DP.

The VW engineers I've worked with on this (as I've said, VW is a client of the company I work for... the engineers are friends as are many other people throughout the company) state that the Bluetooth interface module needs to see both the L and R audio channels, even if it is coded to support A2DP.

As for the coding, I don't have it handy because I don't have my vehicle. It's undergoing repair for something unrelated.

They helped me do this and it works in both my CC and my R32.

That's interesting, to say the least... however, that also tells me that either these factory-installed OEM Bluetooth modules harnesses are incorrect, that these modules are neither C- or D, so there is no A2DP at all, or that the C- or D modules are indeed installed but its controller coding is missing the A2DP enable bit.

I remember seeing the Volk-L installation document somewhere here and it mentioned something about Bluetooth Audio coding depending on the OEM HU installed.

A visit to a dealer can solve this very quick, and it should be a warranty visit -only if Bluetooth Audio was stated as an included feature in any of the CC documentation.

19. 10-17-2009 12:02 PM #19
      Well, in the manual it is discussed. So I presume it is there. The fact that there is an option to enable it and disable it indicates that it should work. May be I will pay a visit to the dealer, I am not hopeful though.

20. 10-25-2009 05:53 PM #20
      I have the same problem with my 2010 Jetta TDi w/ RCD 510. I had no problems connecting my the phone part of my Iphone via bluetooth, but getting the music to play via bluetooth has not been as simple.

I have heard that the Iphone will only work with headphones and will not work car headsets via bluetooth

Vehicles
      askavwsalesguy.com
      10-25-2009 06:50 PM #21
      ******** UPDATE************** ******** UPDATE**************

The 9W3 option found on the CC does not support bluetooth audio streaming. only cars that support it is the Jetta S, SE, Wolfsburg, all Sportwagen models, Golf and GTi becuase they use the 9W2 option.

Modified by iPinch at 3:51 PM 10-25-2009

22. Member
      Vehicles
      10-26-2009 11:21 AM #22
      See, this is another reason while its now the year 2009 and bluetooth audio should be standard. Here we have a radio that is capable, but thanks to VW not having things done across the board we get screwed again!!!!!!

23. 10-26-2009 12:05 PM #23
      To let you guys know, I just got back from the VW Service department. Was told they couldn't help me with any aspect of the radio / nav. They told me my sales person would do that -- and my sales person told me the service department would.

Considering I'm not getting all the functionality of the Phone feature either, this is frustrating. I know zero about the VAG-COM coding, but I'm wondering if I buy that kit, if there are any adjustments I can make to the core settings.

I'm all about doing it myself if I can, not to mention the ability for anyadditional functionality beyond this BT Audio issue. I know, VAG-COM may not even be the solution to this, but I know people have used that to enable other features.

Vehicles
      2012 M3/2010 CC
      10-26-2009 03:22 PM #24
      Quote, originally posted by iPinch »
      ******** UPDATE************** ******** UPDATE**************

The 9W3 option found on the CC does not support bluetooth audio streaming. only cars that support it is the Jetta S, SE, Wolfsburg, all Sportwagen models, Golf and GTi becuase they use the 9W2 option.

Modified by iPinch at 3:51 PM 10-25-2009

That looks to me more like a hardware issue than anything else, as in the stereo wires in the back of the quadralock connector in the CC's RNS-510 are not present from factory, only the mono wires.

25. 10-26-2009 03:51 PM #25
      Well I called VW today about that. I'm gonna try to get something out of them for this. It's pretty ridiculous to advertise an option but neglect to actual install it. I'm going for gold. Free MDI install!

The person at customer support had no idea what I was talking about and said he'd research it and call me back.

26. Member
      Vehicles
      10-26-2009 05:45 PM #26
      And this is where VW drops the ball again........ Just ignore that person behind the curtain..... that button there on your dash.... don't look at it..... ignore it......

Vehicles
      2012 M3/2010 CC
      10-26-2009 07:47 PM #27
      Quote, originally posted by thisisnotdave »
      Well I called VW today about that. I'm gonna try to get something out of them for this. It's pretty ridiculous to advertise an option but neglect to actual install it. I'm going for gold. Free MDI install!

The person at customer support had no idea what I was talking about and said he'd research it and call me back.

I don't see anything anywhere in the vw.com site that says that the CC have A2DP capability.

Actually, do you know which module version your car has?

28. 10-26-2009 09:41 PM #28
      Well... unfortunately the salesman who sold me my CC had no idea that 2010 even came with the RCD-510 let alone blue tooth. However, I will argue that in the manual from the bluetooth handsfree module, it says nothing regarding A2DP being only applicable for certain models. It's just listed as a feature or the BT interface.

M3Tech, I'll look to see when my car was built tomorrow morning. Where else can I look to determine which version I have?

Anyway its worth trying. This isn't the first time i spoke with them about it. That time they told me its cuz my iPhone was the problem. If they don't then thats fine, but if they do, it'll make me a very satisfied customer.

29. 10-26-2009 11:07 PM #29
      I would have to say my major gripe is that for a $2400 upgrade, all the bugs should be worked out. I know all car dealers do it, over charge for their nav / computers, but for $2400 this should be a high-tuned PC in my dash. I know it's not apples for apples, but with $2400 a cutting edge PC, why can't they convert something with at least half that capability for car computers. I mean every time I start my car and my phone pairs up I get the message that I have a new phone book ready. When I go to it, it's empty! Not to mention I my call is not retained consistently, and I can't use the number pad on the phone functionality while in a call -- such as, to select a voice mail menu option. The whole thing just seems so buggy, and to top it off, no body knows how to fix it: the sales people or the service department. I mean VW is the one of the wealthiest and largest car manufacturers. Yeah, I'm venting a bit, only because of the run around I've been getting .

Not that that is out of my system. Anyone know what VAG-COM can do for me?

30. 10-26-2009 11:35 PM #30
      Yeah I agree, the RCD-510 is kinda lame too. I have more than a few gripes about it.

1) No WMA support or AAC support. I guess flac would be less common, but still would've been nice. WMA support however is a serious WTF!

2) Max amount of directories limit. I bought a 32 GB card, as a way of alleviating my ipod related headaches. Put 20 GB on it, and can only access less than 75% of that. I researched all I could and got nowhere. Can't even think about calling VW cuz the girl on the end's head would explode.

3) Stupid ass choppy fade effect, you cant dissable. Its unnecessary and makes the head unit feel super slow.

Those are the biggest complaints, I have others but theyre more tollerable. Overall, the RCD was a big sell for me to get a 2010. I would've kept looking for an 09 on stick otherwise. And built a car PC.

31. 10-26-2009 11:55 PM #31
      I'm just venting. I know what you mean though. But honestly, I had time to play with the Ford/MS Sync on a long road trip, and ford has it in the bag. Everything worked flawlessly.

The voice dialing worked dead on and I have a ton of friends with unpronounceable last names.

Overall, I feel like VW rushed it. Which was probably the case. I hope they put the time into continually updating it.

As far as A2DP goes, it would be interesting to see the differences of the PCBs with each revision. I can snap mine over the weekend, so long as I can open it without destroying it.

Its funny though, how Mac user's love apple for reason they hate them. I hate that they're so controlling over their products. But I love that because of that I can use my iphone headphones with my macbook pro and change the volume or control itunes.

32. 10-27-2009 12:15 AM #32
      Appreciate the input, Jason.

I hope this firmware upgrade you mention will be readily available to VW owners -- via download to SD.

BTW, how did you hear about this upgrade and is there an area to learn more on it?

Thanks.

33. 10-27-2009 12:17 AM #33
      Sorry! Jaron ( spelled your name wrong ).

Vehicles
      2010 VW cc
      10-27-2009 09:17 AM #34
      I have the same issue with my 2010 cc sport i was told by the dealer that a seperate bluetooth audio module must be purchased to work along side the standard bluetooth handsfree kit??
      2010 Vw CC sport In Deep Black Metallic. Current Mods: APR stage 2 Programming and Stage 2 Intake, Forge Short Shifter and Diverter Valve, Debadged, Clear Turn Signals, Vag Programming keyfob window drop, Seatbelt chime, Fogs and Highbeams. . VMR 19inch Black Rs4 Reps wrapped in Kumho Ecsta Spts.. Coming soon: Down pipes, Rline style custom tails, GC kit, Coilovers

35. 10-27-2009 09:29 AM #35
      I'm currently debating about whether to go with something like the AVIC or to build my own CarPC solution.

There are a couple of decent frontends. But can-bus interface info is pretty sparse. I'm helping my friend pick stuff out for his bimmer, but they have much more software for i-bus it seems.

In any case, i figure it would pretty easy (or inexpensive) to have screen fabricated into the trim panel around the radio. Would make a cool project.

However, canbus interface is a must. Even if there is some kind of rudimentary SDK. I haven't written a line of code in 5 years but this would definitely be a good excuse to start again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast