Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 2010 Jetta Sportwagen TDI pairing problem with Iphone

1. 10-23-2009 08:29 AM #1
      I have a rather unique problem pairing my Iphone with the RND-510 radio in my 2010 VW Jetta TDI. When pairing the "VW UHV" appears and on my Iphone and it allows me to pair it and put in the pin "0000". However after that the LED light in the center top (by the bluetooth button, microphone button and phone button) on my Jetta turns Green for about 2 seconds then starts flashing amber and the Iphone loses the connection. The weird thing is that it appears to have paired OK, but can not stay connected. This is where is really gets strange, the sales person at the dealer had an identical Iphone (3Gs) with the identical software {version 3.1.2 (7D11)} and his phone was able to quickly connect and stay connected.

I erased my Iphone and reloaded it from scratch, but it still won't stay connected. It seems to work OK with any other bluetooth device I want to connect it to, just won'tj stay connected with the RND-510.

Anyone have any thoughts on what to try next?

Vehicles
      2006 Jetta TDI , '79 Super Beetle, '98 911 Coupe, '05 Subi OB XT
      10-23-2009 09:35 AM #2
      Man,,,, you gotta sell that car!

Is there a "reboot" as it were to the cars bluetooth module? Just asking.
      Would your VW sales guy coordinate with their Service Department to contact the VWGoA tech line. Granted those VWG tech guy's on the other line may only have a script, but it's a pathway to a solution. Good Luck.

Vehicles
      2012 Audi A4
      10-23-2009 02:40 PM #3
      Quote, originally posted by jwisinsk »
      I have a rather unique problem pairing my Iphone with the RND-510 radio in my 2010 VW Jetta TDI. When pairing the "VW UHV" appears and on my Iphone and it allows me to pair it and put in the pin "0000". However after that the LED light in the center top (by the bluetooth button, microphone button and phone button) on my Jetta turns Green for about 2 seconds then starts flashing amber and the Iphone loses the connection. The weird thing is that it appears to have paired OK, but can not stay connected. This is where is really gets strange, the sales person at the dealer had an identical Iphone (3Gs) with the identical software {version 3.1.2 (7D11)} and his phone was able to quickly connect and stay connected.

I erased my Iphone and reloaded it from scratch, but it still won't stay connected. It seems to work OK with any other bluetooth device I want to connect it to, just won'tj stay connected with the RND-510.

Anyone have any thoughts on what to try next?

Try another phone, if it works - then it's your phone, if it doesn't - take the car to service.

Mico Silver
      Infiniti Of Oakland
      415 335 6535
      Micosilver@gmail.com

4. 10-23-2009 03:03 PM #4
      I fixed it with some help from "Roger" at Apple tech support. Looks like when I restored the iPhone from the backup, I was restoring a corrupt file or bit. When I erased the iPhone and went to the default (as shipped configuration) it worked great. Now all I need to do is manually reload the apps and phone numbers that I want on my phone.

Many thanks to the Apple team for the quick and helpfully support. Thank you Roger!

Vehicles
      2006 Jetta TDI , '79 Super Beetle, '98 911 Coupe, '05 Subi OB XT
      10-24-2009 08:40 AM #5
      Apple Customer Service is the bomb! At least from this PC user's limited perspective.

While skiing one day I came along an IPod staring me in the face after a tough fall in the snow. Later on a call was placed to Apple enquiring if the IPod’s serial number could locate its rightful owner, it did. The IPods owner ended up in Switzerland of all places…after all this was Vail, Colorado. Anyway, time passes and FedEx delivers a package which inside has a new IPod and on the back engraved is my name and the word THANKS. Very nice touch Apple Customer Service…..