Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: FS: 1990 VW Corrado G60

1. 10-24-2009 07:02 PM #1
      1990 VW Corrado G60, manual 5spd. This car has not been run in about 2 years, now. It needs work and I don't have the time or the help to get it back to where it needs to be. There have only been 3 owners of this car...I am the 3rd. I bought it as a completely stock car about 4 years ago. Since then I had a new clutch put in it and it has had some work on the water pump and housing. It needs a new head gasket-I believe-but my main mechanic hated working on G60's and didn't really want to help me out with the repairs...so the car has been sitting waiting to be revived. It needs a new or rebuilt supercharger as well. The moon roof is fully functional as is the rear spoiler that activates up at 45mph automatically and goes down upon a stop. Both of these are common things that don't work on these models after time. So currently the car is not running, but with the right knowledge and passion for Corrados, this car is a very nice fixer-up car--a clean slate to customize or keep stock as you see fit. The car has only been driven one winter so it has minimal rust and a few cosmetic issues that are easy to fix. Miles are original: 147155. I am asking $1500, but will consider all offers. Pictures available upon request. Thank you.
      Feel free to contact me with any inquiries. My email address is syljstankowski@aol.com

Modified by syljrrado at 9:52 AM 10-29-2009

2. 10-29-2009 01:59 PM #2
      Added some more pictures...interior shots. Sorry about the dirt...car wasn't vaccuumed out at the time! Email if you'd be interested!

3. 10-30-2009 01:14 PM #3
      Just got an email asking if the original g-lader was still in the car...The answer is "yes". The same person was also wondering why I thought it was a headgasket that the car needed. I think it's a head gasket because at first we thought it was the water pump... The car wouldn't hold coolant and cracked the coolant bulb. I replaced the bulb only to find that the coolant was still blowing out at the overflow hole--too much pressure from somewhere. We decided to take a look at replacing the water pump, the housing was cracked so we fixed that, too. My mechanic is very good with European cars, but hated the G60's, and when this wasn't the solution to the problem, he told me that he wouldn't work on my Corrado anymore. The exhaust was a whitish color while I was having the issues, and when I've talked with a few of my other car mechanic friends, they told me that it's probably the head gasket. Easy fix, but none of them are VW fans and didn't want to help me work on my car. I have a good base knowledge of mechanical things since I grew up in a "wrenching" family and I have an interest in cars myself, so I have picked up some things along the way...problem is, in my area, there are not many enthusiasts, not only of VW, but even less for the Corrado. So basically the car has been sitting waiting for me to have the help I need to fix the car. Now I don't really have the money to stick into it, and I have plans of going to school and could use the little bit of extra cash I could get if I just sell the car. It's basically in really good shape if someone wants to take the time and money to get 'er up and running. Plus this winter I don't have a place to store my car inside. And it would be a big shame to let the car start deteriorating...I love my car. Hate to think about selling it...but I just guess it makes better sense right now.

Vehicles
      90 Corrado G60; Saabaru; 04 WJ
      11-02-2009 08:15 PM #4
      free bump for a nugget yellow G60! glws

5. 11-04-2009 10:48 PM #5
      Love it!! Thanks for the "free" bump! I "owe" ya one!

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60
      11-13-2009 05:46 AM #6
      soooo tempted if i had room for a project...... good price, looks pretty clean. Good luck! if you werent so far away, id know lots of people that'd help you

7. 11-13-2009 01:03 PM #7
      Great to see a girl into these cars!!! Girl...I am having interest from so many people...but keep hearing the same things over and over again...I live too far away. And then I have people in my immediate area low balling me at $700...just had an offer for $900... Dang!!! I don't know what to do!!!

Vehicles
      1990 Corrado G60
      11-13-2009 01:53 PM #8
      Quote, originally posted by syljrrado »
      Great to see a girl into these cars!!! Girl...I am having interest from so many people...but keep hearing the same things over and over again...I live too far away. And then I have people in my immediate area low balling me at $700...just had an offer for $900... Dang!!! I don't know what to do!!!

well if you're in a hurry to unload it, give it for 900 but keep the cd player or something. I mean, its a great deal if you can do the work yourself and you'll have a cheap nice rado. but, if you can afford to hold out a little, wait till you find someone willing to pay what you ask. You can get a used glader for like 300 bucks. Crap, at one point I had 3!!! I'm down to two, but I need the spare it wouldn't be hard to fix, and for a grand? come on..... I paid more than that to take stupid yoga at school.....

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      90 VW Corrado
      11-13-2009 05:45 PM #9
      I think I want to buy this car can u Cal me 971-340-9643 I have some Questions thanks hit me back my name is john
      great white buffalo

10. 11-14-2009 12:23 AM #10
      Hey I am interested... Ill send you a Pm in the am ...

11. 11-15-2009 09:25 PM #11
      bump

12. 11-17-2009 01:55 AM #12
      Haven't heard back from you...let me know if you are interested, still! The car is still for sale!!!

13. 11-30-2009 03:28 PM #13
      Still looking for a new home...
      I'm accepting offers!

14. 12-09-2009 09:12 PM #14
      Have not sold her yet...and taking offers...

15. 12-17-2009 12:32 AM #15
      ill buy it this upcoming for $1.250. i'll tow back w/ trailer. email is piffplease@tmail.com. we've talked previously.

16. 12-18-2009 01:24 PM #16
      bump

Vehicles
      G60 02 Bug Eye
      12-18-2009 06:16 PM #17
      Be stern on your price, you have a nugget yellow one of the sexiest colors made sure it has problems but with at the least 1200 bucks into this thing would be revived if i had room to save it i would but i am saving mine maybe in a few monthsbump for you sir
      The heart break is half the fun