VWVortex.com - Sneaky street Honda guys!!!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Sneaky street Honda guys!!!

1. Banned
      08-09-2002 06:53 AM #1
      I say "street Honda" because I am no fool,I know there are some fast Hondas on the street,I just haven't come across any.I know of guys that do good at the tracks and that you can make a rice car faster than a V-dub,but I'm talkin daily driver,not stripped for the track type car.98% of Hondas are all show no go. My 2.slow 8v that happens to have a turbo on it and I know it's not the fastest car in the world,but at 17psi this car pulls.When I had the supercharged stock motor guys would rev me out and I knew my car was quick but not fast so I usually would look straight ahead and drive normally.Since I have gotten the turbo however it has been a completely different story.I have these guys in Hondas try to challenge me all the time and usually when they see my car pull and hear the BOV the back off,but a lot of guys do the "HONDA ROLLING RACE START".They will drop way back,(because their engines have low torque,they need the room to accelerate,it takes so long thats why)and start pounding it so by the time they get to you they are already going fast and they want to cut infront of you to show you that they "beat you".What a gay move!!!I can drive a 3 cyl. Geo metro and eventually hit a hundred and pass you if I have enough distance!!A guy tried pulling that on me today(happens all the time) in Waipio.He had a V-Tec Prelude,blue with body kit,rims,graphics,etc.,He tries to come up on me,I wait till he's close and just boosted it,he was quite surprised how he could'nt pass me and I was totally smoking him!!He tried to tailgate me but I was about 20 car lengths ahead of him and at the next light,he slowed down and would'nt pull next to me because he knew he had embarassed himself.You deserve it you Honda dudes with cars that you think are fast so you drive all nuts trying to "look fast" I hope guys in dubs put these kooks in their place,back with the moped riders!So if you see a Honda guy and he starts dropping back,get ready for the HONDA FLYBY!!I love boosting on Rice cars and Neons!!If you leave me in the dust I will give you that respect,but if I've boosted you like 3 times and you still want to try to tailgate me or pass me on the downhill that's just stupid.I'm not a street racer and go weaving in and out of cars,etc.but if there is some open road and no Gestapo around,I'll usually go against imports,but no street bikes or muscle cars!!2.slow turbo kicks Honda ass!!! [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

[Modified by SILVERADO, 11:57 AM 8-9-2002]

2. 08-09-2002 07:02 AM #2
      thanks for the tip...so when they start pulling back I'll just drop gears and just leave them as they drop back...Hopefully that'll be good enough

3. Banned
      08-09-2002 07:50 AM #3
      That will work,but it's more fun when they think they got you and all of a sudden they are way behind you,it's more dramatic!

4. 08-09-2002 08:10 AM #4
      80% of the turbo Hondas are running "entry" Greddy turbo kits. They are dime-a-dozen and can do 14's.....at best. The other 20% are the "fast ones". They are easy to spot. They dont have graphics, usually have primer or mismatched panels....some are really clean and simple...almost always with a stock bumper. You see these guys making quick8 in the street category....13's and faster....those are the fast guys.
      Whats more of a threat nowdays is in the RWD form. 240SX's with the DET motors. Cheap engine...fast car. When you see one....its either going to be easy to beat driving a 2.0L or impossible to catch with any VW. Case in point...Rick Nakama...92 240SX, street tires runs 12.8. With slicks 12.02. There are at least 15-20 of these beasts out there....compared to just 2 or 3 just 2 years ago. More are on the way. Look out!

5. 08-09-2002 01:58 PM #5
      good story thomas, i know what you mean. [IMG]http://*****************.com/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

6. 08-09-2002 03:19 PM #6
      Oh those 240's are deadly! Eric you know Forrest & TJ from pupukea right? well got to ride in their 240's a couple times and they just blow my mind....they are the ones that got me into turbo but always told me to just get a 240 and forget about the dub but its just something I cant do...I like my car and I dont need to go insanely fast or drift but I had a hell of a thrill riding in those cars...got some good drift action footage from the cockpit...i'll see if I can get my video hosted and will post at a later date.
      Peace,
      Rob
      Edit: Dont forget another fast car is the WRX. stock form I can hang but modded WATCHOUT!!!

[Modified by dUbL2RbL, 10:25 AM 8-9-2002]

Vehicles
      2002 Audi S8
      08-09-2002 03:29 PM #7
      haha! Last night some other 99.5 laser red A4 stock with a drop and 5%tint, tried to do a "Fly by" on me. I think he was trying to race me or something. But, he ended up taking the Tripler cutoff. So, I just gave'um the shaka.

08-09-2002 04:53 PM #8
      hrm... with my current setup, i think i can take most civic DX's and the occasional EX

9. 08-09-2002 05:43 PM #9
      My Honda S4000 will smoke you all!

[Modified by TypeR-ice, 5:06 PM 8-9-2002]

10. 08-09-2002 05:55 PM #10
      haha Honda sure you go beat them other honda then

11. 08-09-2002 08:07 PM #11
      Wassup fellow dubbers! im new here, show sum dub lub ... YUPZ all these honda guyz thinks dat der carz are fast jus becuze dey got the looks and a huge pinapple can strap to the back of der carz, well dat doesnt mean sheet... most of dem are ALL SHOW NO GO!

12. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      2003 Jetta GLI (Project car), 1957 Porsche Speedster (replica)
      08-09-2002 08:10 PM #12
      Street racing topics are not allowed.
      VWvortex.com Forum Rules
      Do not discuss, suggest, engage, or encourage any illegal activity on the forums. Linking to locations that deal with any such activity are also forbidden.
      Stephen

For advertising information click HERE