I finally came to terms with some denial i had about my rabbit
The car had some rot. all floors, rockers, Inside of a-pillar, inside of frame rail, rear floor to shock tower, tops of the front aprons, rain tray and it looked worse and worse as I pulled it apart.
I also had plans of returning my car to a late westy and the car was gonna need a respray to fix some cosmetic stuff (damages from explosion and some chips and scratches from being used)

so the whole car would have to come apart outside and inside to fix it and then it would be "patched up"

So after much thought and convincing of the wife I decided to purchase a SOLID shell that had been through the bulk of a rotisseried resto.
the owner, Bruno (a friend of mine) had done a lot of work to this car in preparation to making this a super solid car. This GTI has been off the road and mostly garaged since the late 90's and it shows.

my gti was mechanically, electrically and interior wise 100% so it will supply the new car of all of the that and its rad support

onto some pix
the new guy the night I brought him home

Had to get rid of the old one
****WARNING SOME PIX MAY BE DISTURBING****

where we ended up after my buddy chris and I went to town emptying the shell

car had to go so sawzall it was... first cut was really tough for me but it had to be done
the shock towers will live on in my buddies caddy

and the rear clip will be made into a matching trailor that will be towed with the new car

I got all the parts out of the garage, swept and mopped the floor and straightened up a bit

then wheeled the car into the garage

stripped and por15'd wheel wells

smoothed/ shaved bay

unreal underside

my support awaiting being cleaned up and being fit to the new car

boxes and boxes of new parts (bruno works at a vw dealer)

plans are a late westy ft end with a twist and a euro rear panel with my old all red euro tails

there may some minor krom here and there (pauls influence rubs off)
and the color will be the ***********!

I am super stoked about the project and plan to have it debut at the NE Dustoff show in April
its an aggressive goal but I am pretty certain I can make it happen. wish me luck

and where the project gets its name... this is on the back window.... no idea what it means