Good news! I got the timing belt installed and rolled the motor over with not problems and I seem to have compression. I got the thing timed dead on the first time without even having to jump a tooth anywhere. Now I gotta figure out the complicated mess of interwoven bracketry that bolts up to the motor.
I have a new plan of attach with reguards to the AEG manifold. I'm thinking AEG lower and ABA upper with an ABA lower adapter plate !!! I'm trying to keep the stock TB and PVC configuration and it doesn't look like I can modify the AEG upper easily. I think I may be able to just about get away with porting out the ABA upper and lower adapter plate. It is going to be close on the outer 2 runners. I may have to have someone weld some extra material on there to match the ports.