Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

The Car Lounge
    Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: DOLLY MAN CONCLUSION

Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      11-11-2009 04:25 AM #1
      Hello Kiddies!

Here you go!!!!

After they became aware of the thread they took me to court for slander, drummed up false E-mails claiming: "I'm going to #@$ chop your arms off.......","I'm going to shoot you in the face." And even stooped so low included, "I'm in fear of the lives of my 3 little girls and up till 3a.m. worried my house will be burnt down!" WOW! (He included that in the entail judgment against me to the judge). My jaw dropped, I informed the justice they could have full access to my ISP (Internet Service Provider), provided phone records, and offered to produce my PC to show I had not sent e-mails or contact. Also claiming I was running an apparel clothing line: CHECK IT OUT:

http://www.cafepress.com/lolwutgear#top

http://www.cafepress.com/creanium.277220723

However that was not my doing, and NOT ILLEGAL even if I was.
      Creating what ever fake defense they could drum, brought on by
      their overzealous actions to milk any one for the smallest infraction. The court proceeds went as follows....I got the ground washed out from under me, I thought it was a setup they where in with the judge. In false statements from the plaintiffs, the judge would IMMEDIATELY turn to me and say," Why did you do that Mr. Edwards?" then again," Why are you harassing them."then again "Why do you feel the need to slander them on the Internet?"

Basically, completely my fault: I did not have representation and was steamed rolled (A little known inside fact I've come to find from those in the field, a judge...ummmm... finds it dis-hearting and unsympathetic if you are unrepresented, and greatly frowns upon such). I read him a list: I have not contacted them, I am not running an on-line apparel line, I have not...., I have not...... They responded with lies and the judge again, after I just got done telling him I didn't, "Why did you do that?" Good Grief

They secured a Gag Order which prevented me from electronic interaction with the public (included text messaging).

A week later I was delivered a Notice To Comply from the law firm in the order of $5,000 to be paid in full with in 10 days. WOW! The balls Hun?

If the full sum of $5,000 is not paid in full, further litigation would take place.

All said, they should of been sending me a check so I could take The Car Lounge out for a beer, an internal review should of opened up for fined patrons, and refunds sent to those who where taken advantage of.

Needless to say 10 days came and gone......then the mail started to come! It was repeated Justice Court Proceedings and attempted judgments against me, PRECURSOR to my acknowledgment, stating EVEN MORE false accusations "...he continues to run the Internet thread...", ".......he continues to harass us..." "...hes in continuous contact with us and in contempt of court.."

They where grasping at straws.

I did 100% conform to the Court Order ...all said...they where probably hoping I would slip. Nothing I did was illegal, documentation was taken place with the local Police Department and the story was taken from a journalistic perspective attempting to keep much of my personal opinion out, and more on the facts, details, and secured with real time photos and documentation.

Concerning the mail, they where attempting/creating fake accusations before the court to secure/create further litigation and fines. Courts do mail you the verdict as you are not present. With the judgment....in the order coming in weekly:

Denied
      Denied
      Denied
      Denied
      Denied
      And the last one,in large pencil across the entire court proceeding: REPORT TO YOUR LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT!

Being so sideswiped and tank rolled the first time I was dump founded the judge ruled against them, even though he should of, but simply so being so steamrolled the first time . I concluded either 1) It was turned over completely to another judge or
      2) The initial judge ACTUALLY followed up on the story or of the sort to find the truth and saw what they where up to.

You can grasp at straws in court...kinda....and it's all hearsay and not against the law or could be provided otherwise, unless under oath. However knowingly reporting false accusations to law enforcement is illegal, IN A NUT SHELL, if they reported any such to the local law enforcement they would be making illegal acts. They had no leg to stand on, and shouldn't of from the first place.

I exercised my freedom of speech, did not exaggerate, made no threats, broke no laws and attempted to use more of a journalistic approach to the story so they can forget slander.

Since, and do not know whether this is directly due to: The Disney Land sized community has been re black topped with more Guest and restructured parking. The Gag ended quite some time ago, their presence has been reduced, there has been no interaction, and there has been a significant reduction in boots.

In all, I thank The Car Lounge so much for their overwhelming support! Thanx a million and if your ever in the Phoenix area look me up! Thanks for everything guys! And remember, if you feel
      wronged stand up and don't take it, but do it right! Be sure to keep it real in the posts, take a breather before you keystroke!

THANX GUYS!!!!!!!And excuse any grammer errors, I'm sure there's a bit.

P.S.: I was wondering if I should include such and have:

Concerning a thread regarding my buddies G35 being very badly keyed, some calling fraud(I would see why), I painted Phoenix in a very bad light (murder, shootings, car theft, kidnapping capital or the world <-I GOT A TON of heat for that, but Goggle it, it's next or just passed Mexico city,)I was linking the reasoning behind the keying to the car to Phoenixes history, and much else, was of great sarcasm. I did not tend to the thread for ~36 hours in which it got out of hand and locked before I could get diffuse the situation. In reality Phoenix is a great place to live.

To conclude my buddies G35, it cost him a $500 deducible and a pretty high rental bill (5 weeks), not covered by insurance.... which far exceeding what he could of had the car painted for through personal connections. The shop did a terrible job and charged the insurance company Holly Flying Batman With A Sprinkle Of Robin On Top $10,000* for just an external spray in factory color! Let me tell you guys, terrible job.

*~$9,899.xx

THANX FOR EVERYTHING GUYS! AND A FEW GIRLS OUT THERE.
      [IMG][/IMG]

FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

Vehicles
      Jetta Coupe (1989) GTI (1988) Audi Cabrio (1992)
      11-11-2009 04:32 AM #2
      i never expected to read anything about this evermore...
      Welcome to the internet:
      Where men are men, women are men, and little girls are FBI agents.

Member of VOLKSFORUM.COM
      "I like my women like i like my coffee,.... plastic cup"-Eddie Izzard.

Vehicles
      08 NS Capital, 04+ Bianchi Pista, 06 Transition Dirtbag
      11-11-2009 04:33 AM #3
      wow. APS is scum, making up fake stories. Good to hear you came out on top though!
      Cupcake - Team My Little Pony

Vehicles
      2000 GTI 1.8T, 2012 Kizashi S iAWD
      11-11-2009 04:42 AM #4

11-11-2009 04:45 AM #5

Vehicles
      1989 Cabriolet
      11-11-2009 04:53 AM #6
      hell yeah. i've been awaiting the end of this story.
      http://oldskoolvw.com
      www.D9Tribe.com
      www.mk1dubz.com
      Quote Originally Posted by Slow8vJetta View Post
      This build makes me want to put two fingers in my butt and puke on my dick.

Vehicles
      '02 MPV, '04 SV650
      11-11-2009 04:57 AM #7
      Hell yeah! We're here 24 hours a day for all of your personal conundrums, legal battles, and "what should I buy" needs!

TheCar Lounge - We're in your life, stealing ur independence.

Where have you gone, Juniper Monkeys? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you. (Woo woo woo)

Vehicles
      79 GLD, 03 GTI
      11-11-2009 05:11 AM #8
      Thanks for the follow up!
      I'm a country member.

Vehicles
      06(AUDI)A3
      11-11-2009 05:22 AM #9
      Dios Mios...what scumbags. I always thought they were basically knee jerk reactionaries and crooks but to do it repeatedly in court is vile. Good job protecting your self and knowing your rights. I'm glad the judge actually did the fact checking.

That is a scary statistic about Pheonix if it is true.

EDIT: FORMALLY REQUESTING PICTURES OF CAR ON SAID DOLLEY's for old time sake

Modified by Rub-ISH at 2:25 AM 11-11-2009

Modified by Rub-ISH at 2:26 AM 11-11-2009

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter S Thompson
      I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
      My IMDb resume...Sounds I've recorded

Vehicles
      76 MGB, '77 Corolla, '95 BMW K75
      11-11-2009 05:28 AM #10
      Quote, originally posted by Rub-ISH »
      FORMALLY REQUESTING PICTURES OF CAR ON SAID DOLLEY's for old time sake

+1

Cheers for the heads up on how it all panned out in the end.

Jeff

Vehicles
      2007 Mazda 3 HB
      11-11-2009 05:38 AM #11
      [DRUNK]

Can I get a Hell Yea!

. . . not sure if I'm more worried about Phoenix's crime problems, or the fact that I am truly shocked that the judge actually followed up on your case.

Modified by Black Jetta GT at 5:46 AM 11-11-2009

Vehicles
      2010 Prius
      11-11-2009 05:39 AM #12
      CANIS•CANEM•EDIT

13. 11-11-2009 05:48 AM #13
      Wow, good read! I was wondering whatever happened with this....

Philly (now) <--> Bangkok 5555555 (later)
      Vehicles
      2001 Accord coupe V6 / 2013 Toyota Yaris / 2007 Kawasaki Ninja (DOA), 2005 Team Associated RC18t
      11-11-2009 06:14 AM #14

Good Ending! Will read again!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Carolla
      "It shouldn't be called a radar detector, it should be called a rape detector. This is my own little electronic rape whistle."
      (ง'̀-'́)ง

15. 11-11-2009 06:36 AM #15
      man, you must be happy its over. to sticking to your guns.

Vehicles
      XW30, NA, V227
      11-11-2009 07:15 AM #16
      APS, DIAF.
      "The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."
      - Doctor Who (Fourth Doctor) "Face of Evil"

Blog Entries
      11-11-2009 07:22 AM #17
      So my head hurts, I didn't quite follow.. You just kept appealing by email until they didn't respond with "denied"?

Did you "win" anything here, or just get out of trouble?
      (i.e. was APS made to repay anything for harrassing you / other residents, etc..?)

How soon before your HOA can choose another management/enforcement company?

18. 11-11-2009 07:25 AM #18
      Thanks for the follow-up!

Vehicles
      Keksdose; Elch, Hugo und Rennsemmel
      11-11-2009 07:30 AM #19
      Glad to read the story has had an happy end!
      Fiat 126 bis build thread here. Error 404: 0-60 not found.
      Fiat 128, the stroppy cow.

Vehicles
      Corellian Engineering Corporation CC-9600 Frigate
      11-11-2009 07:35 AM #20
      I'm glad you're back and that it ended up going well for you (at least thats the conclusion I managed to make)...

But really, I'm kinda lost reading your post. Can you reword the main points/sparknotes?

So were the repeated denials in regards to APS's continued complaints/harassment? Did another judge end up repealing the first judge's ruling? Were you able to get any harassment charges against APS?

Novel-sized responses™
      Ein Prosit, ein Prosit, der Gemütlichkeit!
      Schenkt ein, trinkt aus, schenkt ein, trinkt aus!

Vehicles
      '92 Jetta 2.1L 16V, '08 Mazda3 GT
      11-11-2009 07:37 AM #21
      To you good sir.

Vehicles
      2k1/VW/GTI 12v, 99 'Vette FRC
      11-11-2009 07:41 AM #22
      Dude, SOOO glad it all worked out for you in the end. Thanks for the update on here since I know that MANY people on here have been wondering what ever happened.
      "An AUDI is nothing more than a Volkswagen in a pretty prom dress."
      Stance will make her dance...well, try that "line" at da strip club
      Stretch is for sissies...REAL MEN love sticky meaty tires.

23. 11-11-2009 07:43 AM #23
      Does anyone have a link to what started all this? I'm a little confused and a backstory would be appreciated.

Vehicles
      1988 Audi 90 Quattro (out to pasture), 1992 GTI 16V, 2010 Audi TT S-Line
      11-11-2009 07:45 AM #24
      Quote, originally posted by PsyberVW »
      So my head hurts, I didn't quite follow..

Me too. There was a lot said but it was emotional and stream-of-consciousness style. I had to read it twice and really only figured out the conclusion by reading replies.

-OP went to court
      -Appeared to be steamrolled a la the Greek Council scene in Animal House
      -Then everyone leaves court for a later verdict?
      -OP is out of court and receives a shakedown letter, which is ignored
      -Further saber-rattling from APS ensues
      -Verdict is mailed? In OP's favor

Glad to hear APS didn't prevail.

Vehicles
      Corellian Engineering Corporation CC-9600 Frigate
      11-11-2009 07:51 AM #25
      Quote, originally posted by cr00ked-h »
      Does anyone have a link to what started all this? I'm a little confused and a backstory would be appreciated.

I think the original thread is long gone, but what happened was basically, the OP's car got booted in his own neighborhood for some BS reason. (Private community) He used dollys to move the car into his garage, and started what would end up being an epic thread.

Heres the original post as quoted in ClubLexus:

Quote »

As I told myself I'd never live in a HOA community here I am. After a year here they forced upon us that we had to pay for parking passes to park outside. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ There's over 700 homes.

Gee, I wounder why they did that?

So you have to display your pass or you get booted, by an outsider company not associated with the HOA, they just won the contract. As the schmucks drive though they look for the obvious outsiders looking to park (visitors) and boot them, and milk the cows. "That will be $140 Sir to remove the boot."

Well, it's just a long day @ work, your mind is busy, you park and don't put your pass on your rear view. They throw 2 boots on you, a large display sticker, phone # and $140 removal fee. I've parked in the same spot for 3 months, always displayed, they know the car, a extensively modified Audi parked in the same spot for 3 months with a displayed pass. It's a no brainier I have a pass.

Gee, I wounder why the pass isn't a permanent sticker?

Now, why wouldn't I always keep the pass hanging from my rearveiw? Being in the top 10 auto theft capitals in the country, I'm not comfortable DISPLAYING where I live when the community is displayed in the largest characters on the pass.

The plastered WARNING sticker on the window mentions you will be pentilzed to the fullest of law if you remove or damage the boots. So I called the cops.........only one.....but she said I can not damage the the boots, however nothing illegal about removing them.

You know the case, if you don't pay up evenly you'll get towed,so.......

I'm just going to get some f-ing dollys, install them and push the freaking Audi right into the garage you bsaterds. Give them a call to come get their num nut boots..........................and the Audi is undergoing a semi-rebuild....I don't need them off...they won't bother me keeping them on....I don't need to drive it.....a waiting game means nothing.

I own my home, they can not come on the individual property unless I grant permission, and they can not tow it as it'll be in the garage.

Discuss

Some of the more memorable pictures from the thread:

Modified by peachypotpies at 4:52 AM 11-11-2009

Novel-sized responses™
      Ein Prosit, ein Prosit, der Gemütlichkeit!
      Schenkt ein, trinkt aus, schenkt ein, trinkt aus!

26. Member
      Vehicles
      5.3L Wrangler
      11-11-2009 07:57 AM #26
      Thinly veiled FS ad. How many shirts you sell today?
      5.3L Wrangler work in progress
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      "Less Forethought, More Welding"

Vehicles
      1990 300ZX TT, 2002 Jetta TDI
      11-11-2009 08:00 AM #27
      In for later. Thats a long read.

Thanks for keeping us informed! I've waiting and waiting for an update

Quote Originally Posted by deftonesfan867 View Post
      Ohio makes me wanna punch babies.

28. 11-11-2009 08:00 AM #28
      That is bad ass. Thanks for the info!

29. 11-11-2009 08:12 AM #29

Bumbaclot

Vehicles
      2007 Vue, 1997 K1500, 2008 Mazda3
      11-11-2009 08:13 AM #30
      So my head hurts, I didn't quite follow.. You just kept appealing by email until they didn't respond with "denied"?

(i.e. was APS made to repay anything for harrassing you / other residents, etc..?)

I was wondering the same thing. It reads to me as if the judge finally simply denied their claims but Arizona Parking Solutions is (at worst) only out their lawyer fees and still has a contract with his development.

Always good to get something over with, but it seems like APS has zero consequences to their actions.

Vehicles
      2010 MkVI MT TDI Golf, 2000 B5 4M Passat Wagon
      11-11-2009 08:23 AM #31
      Aung San Suu Kyi

Vehicles
      81 Scirocco S, 99 Viggen Coupe
      11-11-2009 08:28 AM #32
      tl;dr

Just kidding(has that meme even hit TCL yet?)

Good for you for sticking it too the man. Definitely in the Top 10 most epic TCL threads, I think.

Demokratikally Elekted Director of Espionage and Identity Theft and Minister of post-progressive-technical-melodic-avant-garde-metal for the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      My 16v Swap thread
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Oh mellberg is cool, but his car certainly isn't helping that happen.

33. 11-11-2009 08:30 AM #33
      Good to hear that things turned out better. This brings back memories. I was driving cross country when this thread was alive, I couldn't wait to get to the next stop to read any updates.

Vehicles
      00 Stg3 S4, e92
      11-11-2009 08:47 AM #34
      I feel like a piece of my life is complete seeing this resolved. I thought we'd never hear the outcome.

TCL owes you a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by bob12312357 View Post
      Now now, let's not forget to specifically mention the steering wheels comparison to a 12 year old boys penis by one of our very own TCL members....

35. 11-11-2009 08:50 AM #35

yeah, I am wondering this also. Basically they steamrolled you in court, then the judge came back and dropped everything?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast