VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

The F N Pothole Build!

68K views 241 replies 73 participants last post by  fancyTHIS 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,
So I got another GLI going on air here, I'm sure you guys have seen my car around on vortex (I'm a bit of a whore).
Wasn't hearing back from Mason-Tech, so i called Andrew at Open Road Tuning, he called me back a couple hours later and we got everything set up to go!
Thanks a ton Andrew!
Big shout out to Dustin at Accuair, for helping straighten out some confusion that I had!
Big thanks to Lawrence, Sam and all the other guys @ Calgary Autoworks!

More parts arriving in the next couple weeks, keeps your eyes peeled!

Edit: picture was MASSIVE

See less See more
#228 ·
Sorry for the lack of updates, tried to get it done for our big local show and it didnt happen.

Going to take my time now and go back and do some things the way I should have done them from the start.

Turbo will have to be tucked back down underneath, there is just no way it will work upright like it is without some pretty serious mods.

Have some big ideas in my head that I would like to do, but I'd also like to drive my car this year. I guess we will see, maybe I'll get my mk1 going and get my fill in that.

Cheers,

I'll start posting again when the serious fabrication starts.

#232 ·
I have Before photos, need to get after photos.

In all honesty I think all you need is the control arms, you cant run the subframe without them. I recommend both because IDF has treated me very well (it's been a nightmare and a learning curve but they always make up for it) and the subframe helps correct the geometry of being low.

It was about 3/4 of an inch lower. BUT I tubbed my arches some and my struts are holding me up.

#237 ·
Been a while my beloved followers.

I have driven the car with the BT setup, parked it for winter, driven some more. Another award was won.

I don't trust that this setup is bulletproof.

The storm is brewing and the boards are up.

No major details will be released but stay tuned for teasers.

:beer:

#240 ·
Guess I'm a little bit behind on this...... But tapatalk will make this way easier!

Prepped the engine for pulling.

Pulled the engine.

Inspected clutch failure (2012/2013 same as last time)

Got my new engine out and started pulling parts off it.

Cleaned the garage for a new workspace

Stay tuned, big things this winter :D

#241 ·
Block is in the process of being bored and honed. Should have it back for the weekend to gap the rings and get the block together. At least the bottom end anyways....

At first my block was black and blue.

Now it's silver!

Also took a little drive down old Banff coach road. Stopped and took a picture. Watch out the roads are sheet ice from the snow blowing. Also the cops have been on the road, seen them two days in a row sitting on there. Only once did I see them first.....

Yup, got it![/QUOTE]

Went OCD on cleaning today in preparation for transmission surgery tomorrow. Set it up for the night to drain as much as I can out of it.

Creating confusion today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.