Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Regular system vs. dynaudio

1. 11-21-2009 01:50 PM #1
      I am looking at a couple of GTI's but a lot of them only have the regular sound system. is this ok? Or is the Dynaudio better?

Thanks for your help.

2. 11-21-2009 02:06 PM #2
      Problem is nobody knows except maybe VW salesmen. I have the dynaudio but never the regular system so how can I be objective? Nobody has ridden in their car with both systems for a decent amount of time to tell. Salespeople are salespeople...cant really be trusted for the most part.

However, its 500.00, who cares get the better one.

3. 11-21-2009 03:01 PM #3
      I agree, but all the GTi's that i have been looking at, dont have the Dynaudio.

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      4dr 2010 CW GTI with DSG
      11-21-2009 03:43 PM #4
      Take a cd or your ipod and listen to the same music in a gti with stock radio and one with dynaudio and see if you can tell the difference. I have the dynaudio and think it sounds decent.

Vehicles
      '06 Campy White Touareg V6 & 2013 Ibis White Audi allroad
      11-21-2009 03:48 PM #5
      I have heard both and have the VIII RCD-510 (non-dynaudio) version in my GTI. It's not a bad sound system. CD's and Ipod sound very good. You can hear the compression with SAT radio.

That said... the Dynaudio is just that much more crisp with high and lows.

6. 11-21-2009 04:19 PM #6
      I have the standard system in my JSW TDI, it's a good system. Obviously, the upgraded system would be better, but if you don't get it you'll still have an above average system.

7. Member
      11-21-2009 05:27 PM #7
      I sat in two 2010 GTI's on the showroom floor, rollled the windows up and cranked up both systems with a favorite CD. The Dynaudio is better, but it's not to die for. I would have happily paid the money to have it on our GTI, but when a car we wanted came up without it, the lack of Dynaudio didn't stop us from buying. I think a few well-spent dollars down the line could make a system that sounds far better than the Dynaudio. Not for $476, but still....

The Xenons. That's the option you can't miss.

8. 11-21-2009 06:49 PM #8
      I would have to say that seeing the dynaudio system is a 500$ upgrade, it will be better. But I can tell you that the stock system is still a decent system and is very easy to live with. All depends how much this upgraded sound system is worth to you.