VWVortex

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: pimp gold

1. Member
      Vehicles
      www.durtydubs.com & www.euro-wise.com
      05-10-2012 03:10 PM #456
      Quote Originally Posted by the_mad_bastard View Post
      5 hours of solvent and adhesive raining down on me will probably have some long lasting effects. let's see how long it takes for my skin to fall off...
      funny, cause in atlanta, women pay big bucks for a similiar type of chemical peel....

it's good to hear about other people doing AWD conversions. it's the logical progression for the species.
      amen...

great to see what has become of this project... keep it up...

take care,
      nash

Vehicles
      2009 cc vr6 awd, 82 vr6 rabbit pickup 82 diesel rabbit pickup
      05-10-2012 04:38 PM #457
      nice build man great job

3. 05-10-2012 07:08 PM #458
      Quote Originally Posted by odj View Post
      Lol!

Still watching

Pm me your address again - got some stickers with your name on em.
      thanks, homey. PM sent.

PS: latest dirtbox session is bangin. i heart the second track (philth - dreaming). it makes the speakers put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nashty Rabbit View Post
      funny, cause in atlanta, women pay big bucks for a similiar type of chemical peel....

amen...

great to see what has become of this project... keep it up...

take care,
      nash
      respect! the man with the monster! i want to make sure i get to park next to you at some future function. and, of course, get down with some tire punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by vwbull23 View Post
      nice build man great job
      thanks, dude. i see the vehicles in your info there. when you going to pull the engine out of that CC and put it in the back of that caddy?

4. 05-15-2012 11:54 PM #459
      not a whole lot to update. i did manage to finish wiping down and vacuuming up the interior before hitting it with the flat black. i also ground away some corrosion here and there.

hopefully tomorrow we can keep going with the cage construction...

some before and after shots:

Vehicles
      60 Beetle Rag, 78 Rabbit 4dr VR6, 84 Jetta Coupe 1.8t, 91 GTI TDI, 95 Cabrio VR6
      05-16-2012 12:11 AM #460
      looks like she's going from Pimp Gold to Black Dynamite

6. 05-16-2012 01:05 AM #461
      there's a whole lotta hair in that picture.

Vehicles
      S1 Storm 20vSC-AWD, 93 Corrado VR6
      05-16-2012 01:35 AM #462
      there's a whole lotta hair in that picture.
      and those women didn't even take off their pants yet

Vehicles
      2003 Wolfsburg Jetta, 1978 Honda CB400
      05-16-2012 07:46 AM #463
      Quote Originally Posted by d-bot View Post
      and those women didn't even take off their pants yet

HAHAH! This made me laugh out loud for a solid minute

9. 05-16-2012 10:07 AM #464
      dunno why, but i can't help but think of this:

10. Member Doctor Meat Does Housecalls's Avatar
      Vehicles
      Silver MK4 On Orange Rims, 2014 Jetta SE
      05-16-2012 10:18 AM #465
      hahahah. your handle made me laugh so hard i farted. greatest on the vortex? possibly. today it is, anyways.

Thanks man.

I need to venture out of the emkayfour forum more often. You guys do a lot more legit work here.
      IlleststanceGangBang2011|DoctorMeatDoesHousecalls|EnthusiastExchange|WTH:VolkswagenGF2011Survivor|YourPriusIsNotGreen|

Quote Originally Posted by MurryEB View Post
      Doctor Meat is doing a housecall right now

11. Member
      Vehicles
      '88 Jetta | '13 135is | '10 Clubman S | '88 Ranger
      05-16-2012 10:27 AM #466
      thanks, homey. PM sent.

PS: latest dirtbox session is bangin. i heart the second track (philth - dreaming). it makes the speakers put out.
      Didn't see a PM

Philth tunes give me a boner.

I should have all the archives up from the 10 year and the last few shows tonight btw
      Dirtbox Radio Drum & Bass
      Ellen the Jetta Reba the Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Jamez View Post
      You might think you'll be fine if you don't do anything wrong but remember : you are not the one deciding what is right or wrong.

12. 05-16-2012 11:48 AM #467
      Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Meat Does Housecalls View Post

Thanks man.

I need to venture out of the emkayfour forum more often. You guys do a lot more legit work here.
      that's cuz mk1 owners are royalty!

mk4 owners become true dubbers when they buy a POS mk1 for $500, bleed all over it, dump $10K into it, only to have it worth $1200 when it comes time to sell. but no one will buy it, because they can buy another for $500.

i didn't say we were smart.

Quote Originally Posted by odj View Post
      Didn't see a PM

Philth tunes give me a boner.

I should have all the archives up from the 10 year and the last few shows tonight btw
      sorry, dude. i put the PM together, i didn't press send. see? not smart. i pressed it this time. you truly do have PM now. muchos grassyass for the gear. it will find a place of honour on the car somewhere.

i need to DL more of your sets. i've been wearing the digital needle out on the april 8th 2012 session. i wish there were more hours in a day!!

Vehicles
      Mk2 GTI VR6... .......................Mk5 Rabbit 2.5
      05-16-2012 12:03 PM #468
      mk4 owners become true dubbers when they buy a POS mk1 for $500, bleed all over it, dump $10K into it, only to have it worth $1200 when it comes time to sell. but no one will buy it, because they can buy another for $500.

i didn't say we were smart.
      I totally lol'd.....
      /// VRSociety Member #298 /// bankrupt ///

14. 05-17-2012 02:18 AM #469
      quick update. i'm too tired to think. cage is progressing. mk4 dash was nibbled up a bit and test fitted. gotta see if the underdash crossbar wants to live where the instrument cluster lives. otherwise, all is well in the world.

Last edited by the_mad_bastard; 05-25-2012 at 10:08 AM.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      81 rabbit L 16v , 81 caddy diesel
      05-17-2012 02:22 AM #470
      This car is going to. Be even awesome when its finished . Keep it up

16. 05-25-2012 10:39 AM #471
      Quote Originally Posted by canexrabbit View Post
      This car is going to. Be even awesome when its finished . Keep it up

cage progress:

17. 05-25-2012 10:58 AM #472
      Mad sick Yo! Seriously though amazing work.

18. 05-25-2012 11:22 AM #473
      Nice work man. Lookin forward to seeing this thing rip in person.

Vehicles
      05-25-2012 12:16 PM #474
      Cage and welds look great! These things take some decent effort to fit right. Question if I may, why the "X" in the main hoop? Only one diagonal is really needed. Just wondering, otherwise, carry on! Excited to see more

20. 05-26-2012 03:16 PM #475
      Cage and welds look great! These things take some decent effort to fit right. Question if I may, why the "X" in the main hoop? Only one diagonal is really needed. Just wondering, otherwise, carry on! Excited to see more
      thanks! yeah, the cage needed a *lot* of fiddling with, and we even need to recut the driver side sill bar because it's not long enough.

as for the "X", you're very likely correct about only needing 1 diagonal. even the guy that made up the cage for us (www.cscracing.com) said it wasn't necessary, but my fabricator likes triangles, and in his words, not having an "X" means that there's going to be a weak corner.

my opinion of my fabricator's opinion is that he's always right when it comes to anything mechanical, so i agree with his opinion absolutely. personally, i think that it looks more complete with it. clearly, i'm all about aestehtics. check out that paint job! i shoulda called the car "patches"...

going back to my fabricator, he also built this in the driveway in our other buddy's mk3 jetta:

the mandate, as i recall, was to lay the body out on his 5x114mm wheels. slow and low, that's it.

the car hasn't been touched in about a year because i'm an attention whore and pimp needs finishing, but it'll get some mclovin eventually.

you can read up on it a bit in this thread: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ension-Project
      Last edited by the_mad_bastard; 05-26-2012 at 03:18 PM.

21. 06-15-2012 04:42 PM #476
      well, the motor is sort of in. the passenger side mount was pulled off the old motor and bolted up to the AMU motor. there's a jack under the tranny, and the ratchet strap is tilting everything forward.

it's tight, but it fits. the steering rack and the flange are pretty close, but i think we can fiddle with positioning enough to get around that.

Vehicles
      60 Beetle Rag, 78 Rabbit 4dr VR6, 84 Jetta Coupe 1.8t, 91 GTI TDI, 95 Cabrio VR6
      06-16-2012 12:11 AM #477
      Aw Yeah!

23. 01-15-2013 10:53 AM #478
      the work/life balance is starting to move slightly back away from work, and a little more towards life, which means that some progress has been made on pimp. not a lot, but enough to get me pumped.

i might be able to get out there this sunday and on monday to start cutting some steel.

the rear diff needs to come up about an inch, so the remnants of the spare wheel well are getting chopped. once the diff is in place, we'll start figuring out what else needs removing.

more progress updates as they happen.

01-15-2013 11:02 AM #479
      nice things to come!
      CNC plasma services, offering custom parts, tig welding, sheet metal work,boost tubes, cages made in house, paint/body VAG-COM. need parts made?
      exit0customs mk2 build
      TT-Build APR 225 TT stg3+ For Sale
      dCivW

Vehicles
      1983 GTI
      01-15-2013 04:08 PM #480
      at the AIM sticker. Im a kart guy and I've got about 10 of those.

Good to see more progress on this. Really curious to see how close the rack is to the driveshaft
      Quote Originally Posted by SVT2888 View Post
      The car scene, much like the music scene, has a lot of genre's and even genre's within genre's. But, like those who call themselves real music fans, if you're a real automotive enthusiast you can find something in every genre that you like.
      Quote Originally Posted by vento86 View Post
      Rip the ebrake. Neutral. Get bitches
      Function is the form.

26. 01-15-2013 04:19 PM #481
      Quote Originally Posted by Cushy View Post
      at the AIM sticker. Im a kart guy and I've got about 10 of those.

Good to see more progress on this. Really curious to see how close the rack is to the driveshaft
      got that at some track event i did a few years ago. i just kept sticking them on the inside of the trunk. i'm considering covering the cage in them when it's done. we'll see.

as for the rack, it's exactly where the propshaft flange is going to sit, so the rack is getting moved out of the way. details to pics to follow as they happen.

Vehicles
      Because MK1
      01-15-2013 10:18 PM #482
      Pimp Gold ?

28. 01-15-2013 10:44 PM #483
      that is both golden and sootily pimpish.

29. 01-15-2013 10:49 PM #484
      I never seem to surf the MKI forum anymore but I stumbled upon this...

Do you think you're actually going to get around not moving the steering rack? I've always seen them moved up so I'm curious what your plan of attack is.

Great work BTW.
      www.CustomObsessions.com
      IG @CustomObsessions

Silly Rabbit 16vT 500whp with more to go...
      Software available from APR, Malone, Eurodyne, and United Motorsport

Vehicles
      01-16-2013 12:59 AM #485
      got that at some track event i did a few years ago. i just kept sticking them on the inside of the trunk. i'm considering covering the cage in them when it's done. we'll see.

as for the rack, it's exactly where the propshaft flange is going to sit, so the rack is getting moved out of the way. details to pics to follow as they happen.
      I'm sure you thought of this but just wanted to mention. Make sure to align the prop shaft in the vertical orientation so it's close to a straight line elevation wise from the output on the angle drive to the rear diff. I ended up cutting a sight slot in my tunnel to get it right before mounting the front and rear, then finished off by grafting in the new raised tunnel. Then again I went the route of keeping the steering rack in place and raising the motor/trans/rear diff to meet my goals (see project thread in sig.) Excited to see your progress though. Mine is sitting in storage across the country Keep up the good work! If you need any thoughts or want to pass an idea by, please don't hesitate to ask/PM me. Happy to share my experience.

31. 01-16-2013 09:33 AM #486
      Quote Originally Posted by Jeebus View Post
      I never seem to surf the MKI forum anymore but I stumbled upon this...

Do you think you're actually going to get around not moving the steering rack? I've always seen them moved up so I'm curious what your plan of attack is.

Great work BTW.
      the motor is exactly the height we need it to be, so moving the steering rack is the only option that we can see at the moment.

I'm sure you thought of this but just wanted to mention. Make sure to align the prop shaft in the vertical orientation so it's close to a straight line elevation wise from the output on the angle drive to the rear diff. I ended up cutting a sight slot in my tunnel to get it right before mounting the front and rear, then finished off by grafting in the new raised tunnel. Then again I went the route of keeping the steering rack in place and raising the motor/trans/rear diff to meet my goals (see project thread in sig.) Excited to see your progress though. Mine is sitting in storage across the country Keep up the good work! If you need any thoughts or want to pass an idea by, please don't hesitate to ask/PM me. Happy to share my experience.
      i've read your thread and am really impressed with and inspired by everything you've done to it so far!

i think that my fabricator has already figured out the angles that everything is going to be following. once the rack is out of the way, we can drop the motor back in, line up the rear diff, mount it, then modify the propshaft to fit. after that, suspension and steering.

thanks for the offer! i'm sure i'll be messaging you now and again for thoughts and advice.

Vehicles
      1982 Toyota Starlet
      01-16-2013 06:50 PM #487
      Awesome work sir

Vehicles
      MK1 SCIROCCO
      01-18-2013 01:33 PM #488
      Awesome love the progress, one of these days I need to come and see this in person.

34. 01-18-2013 01:52 PM #489
      gimme a hollar next time you're in the area.

i might be there on sunday afternoon...

Vehicles
      84 GTI/86 4000q/92 VR6T/07 Rabbit/12 GTI/97 F-350
      01-18-2013 02:45 PM #490
      Love your build so far. I've been planning my GTI to be surprisingly similar in spec and purpose to yours, so this is relevant to my interests.

Also considering 4Motion down the line as well. Watching closely.
      DCI

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast