Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Aftermarket Hydraulic hoses for 2000 Cabrio power top???

1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      1991 Cabriolet, 2004 Passat wagon 4motion
      12-13-2009 07:42 PM #1
      Hi

$300 seems kind of expensive for a replacement drivers side hydraulic hoses for my power top

Since the fitting appear to be proprietary to VW, has anyone seen any aftermarket hose assembies or fittings available?

thx- Mike

Vehicles
      90, 92, 93 Cabriolet
      12-13-2009 09:26 PM #2
      They aren't proprietary, but I would imagine that if you removed the hose's, and take them to a hydraulic repair shop, they can make you new for a bunch less.
      Grounds, Grounds, Grounds Replace them things.
      Divorces, Great Coffee, and Electrics, all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my grounds ?
      I am a Commodian. I tell really Crappy jokes.

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      1991 Cabriolet, 2004 Passat wagon 4motion
      12-19-2009 10:35 PM #3
      Thanks- I will give that a shot

Vehicles
      98 VW Cabrio GLS
      08-03-2010 02:36 PM #4
      Did you have any luck finding a hydraulic repair shop? I've been all over central indiana and people just don't have the ends.

5. 08-10-2012 10:43 AM #5
      not sure if anybody is still looking but:

HEL Performance Products in the UK makes replacement hydraulic hoses for the Cabrio or for that matter any convertible

Website is as follows http://www.cabriolet-roof-hoses.com/vw-golf/

this is the same company the makes high performance brake lines for motorcycles. The cost with shipping to the US is about $70/line and is definetly a better product than the original from VW. I just ordered one today I'll post how it goes when I install. I hope this helps people with similar issues.

I got the hoses in about 5 days, they fit perfectly and are of much better quality, since I was replacing one and didn't want to worry about it with the rest of them I ordered all 4. I emailed them about a deal if I ordered all 4 and they gave me one for free. So I was able to get the 4 hoses for 120 GBP which converted to about $190 USD with shipping definitley much better than the $300 cost of one hose in the US. Hopes this was helpful good luck

Vehicles
      99 Cabrio
      08-13-2012 03:25 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by westfieldma1 View Post
      not sure if anybody is still looking but:

HEL Performance Products in the UK makes replacement hydraulic hoses for the Cabrio or for that matter any convertible

Website is as follows http://www.cabriolet-roof-hoses.com/vw-golf/

this is the same company the makes high performance brake lines for motorcycles. The cost with shipping to the US is about $70/line and is definetly a better product than the original from VW. I just ordered one today I'll post how it goes when I install. I hope this helps people with similar issues.

I got the hoses in about 5 days, they fit perfectly and are of much better quality, since I was replacing one and didn't want to worry about it with the rest of them I ordered all 4. I emailed them about a deal if I ordered all 4 and they gave me one for free. So I was able to get the 4 hoses for 120 GBP which converted to about $190 USD with shipping definitley much better than the $300 cost of one hose in the US. Hopes this was helpful good luck
      Thanks for the link