VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Stanced-out, Sick, Rad, Baller, Hellaflush, Dope, Ill, Sweet... Whatever ya wanna call it thread

14M views 35K replies 2K participants last post by  MOTA BOY 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Dope Shizz.. MKII stylz

Lets try this on for size....

OUR VERY OWN TAKE ON THE MKI DOPE THREAD...

Post up anything you think is cool, rad, gnarly, dope, baller, sick, ill, bangin, sweet, ect... No matter what it is, post up some pics of cool ****.

like this....

Modified by steveo27 at 11:58 PM 12-16-2009

Modified by steveo27 at 11:58 PM 12-16-2009

Modified by steveo27 at 12:42 AM 12-17-2009

See less See more
#264 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by cyclops594 »

Has it now?

Maybe this is a good time to ask this question....
Who started stretching tires first? Europe or Japan?
(this will probably start an argument)
I know that tire stretching started in Europe sometime in the 80's, as a way to put super wide wheels on a car and still keep them legal, but did they actually start the trend?

#265 ·
Re: FV-QR (88Jetta350)

Quote, originally posted by 88Jetta350 »

Maybe this is a good time to ask this question....
Who started stretching tires first? Europe or Japan?
(this will probably start an argument)
I know that tire stretching started in Europe sometime in the 80's, as a way to put super wide wheels on a car and still keep them legal, but did they actually start the trend?

Bubble stretch on 70's Japanese cars. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#266 ·
Re: FV-QR (Joel Goodson)

ahhh yes, they used to race in the late 60's even with some stretch to get the tires to fit in the Skylines, RX3's, 240Zs, Cosmo's, etc. Yeah I think the Japanese started it but it turned away from the practical part from, it was used for racing to...let's see how far we can go on our street ride and I think the trend started there but yeah the bubble stretch was then and it was well used!

I honestly couldn't care less about "trends" really, the Japanese started it pretty much, big whoop, I still like them Although the Euro stretch has gotten a different and it's own style it's all good, really!

#267 ·
Re: FV-QR (Joel Goodson)

Quote, originally posted by Joel Goodson »

Bubble stretch on 70's Japanese cars. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Well, it hit the Hot Rod scene in the mid 60s, believe it or not. Dan Woods built the Milk Truck show rod in 1965 and used old Indy car tires on custom 14in wide wheels. The barrels were well casings and weighed a ton! The centers were just flat discs covered with button-tufted pillows.

#268 ·
Jonathan, I forgot about that!
See what models and clubs can do to ya,you think of this random sh!t other people would have no clue about!

#278 ·
Re: FV-QR (LO-vw)

Quote, originally posted by LO-vw »
I believe that is a different bike sir

Yeah, I was gonna say, are you sure that's the same one?
Edit: Wow, apparently I spent a while looking at pictures before I got to the end of the page, haha

Modified by rol1in0n20s at 11:49 AM 12-22-2009