VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Rusty Cars that YOU have found in the woods / lakes / barns / castles.

45K views 68 replies 50 participants last post by  jettagli1991 
#1 ·
I am always intrigued with old crappy rustbuckets that I find in the woods. Am I alone here?
This is one of the mystery mobiles that I have discovered: It's foreign, rear engine, and could use a little bondo.

-Jeremy
EDIT: P.S. I expect to see:
A) The VW Bus that came out of the lake
B) The 23 window that Ryan's friend found that they NEED to restore.

Modified by 1AJeremy at 10:35 AM 12-17-2009

See less See more
#27 ·
FV-QR

Quote, originally posted by 1AJeremy »
P.S. I expect to see:
B) The 23 window that Ryan's friend found that they NEED to restore.

Quote, originally posted by Isgro »
Some friend's and I pulled this out of the woods a few weeks back...
It's a '55 Type 2 23 Window Deluxe. Pretty rare. More info about the recovery and pics/video here...
http://www.brokestatus.com/200...rail/

Way to be on it Isgrope

#34 ·
Re: (Rwever)

Quote, originally posted by Rwever »

Edit: Oh, and this was in our backyard over 15 years ago, I was so young don't remember it at all. I would like to know what this car and the truck is. And I mean the truck in the first photo, not in the second

The truck, I dunno but it's from the mid-late 1930's I'd say.
The car is 100% definitely a 1965 Impala. Bad ass. I have a 64 convertible myself.

-Jeremy

Modified by 1AJeremy at 8:26 PM 12-17-2009

#35 ·
This is a pretty horrible picture but its a Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) that is on a trail in the woods near my neighborhood. It looks like it caught on fire and was left there to burn. I think I have been on a few trail rides with the guy before but he seems to have disappeared

#36 ·
Re: (01tj)

Quote, originally posted by 01tj »
This is a pretty horrible picture but its a Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) that is on a trail in the woods near my neighborhood. It looks like it caught on fire and was left there to burn. I think I have been on a few trail rides with the guy before but he seems to have disappeared

Did you check in his Jeep?

#43 ·
Re: (ygstsoul)

ygstsoul > That is a sad looking bridge to nowhere. Do you have any idea why the cars landed there? Seems way more strange than the average car in the woods.
Also, I like th 63 Chevy, it's too bad it has 4 doors. Which motor is in it? Any idea?
The T-Bird's not bad too.
-Jeremy

#44 ·
Re: FV-QR (Derek Zoolander)

Quote, originally posted by onebadbug »

Did you check in his Jeep?

LOL that thing was scorched, I don't think there would be anything left
Quote, originally posted by Derek Zoolander »
Found this on a mysterious island after our plane crashed:

awesome, can't wait till next season

#46 ·
Re: FV-QR (01tj)

Here are a few that I took:
Mercury:

Oldsmobile:

GMC:

Buick Skylark T-Type:

This 68 Olds was a barn find....it ran great with a little tinkering:

This 57 Chevrolet panel is going to be saved....it was sitting in a field for a while, but is squirreled away in a storage unit :

Modified by a1veedubber at 4:03 PM 12-21-2009

#48 ·
Re: FV-QR (DzlDub)

Quote, originally posted by DzlDub »
All of these used to be shiny new cars

i was thinking the same thing.. someone walked onto a lot.. saw the car.. and jumped for joy and said i'll take it..
years later.. their stories.. gone.. the owners.. gone.. just the bare bones of the car left to tell the story.. pretty weird if you think about it.. car's are kinda like bodys.. if they sit out too long.. the dna (vin) will fade away.. but the skeleton will be left behind for us to guess at what it once was haha..
deep thought ;x

#51 ·
Re: (a1veedubber)

anybody else get dollar signs in their eyes looking at this stuff? there's a lot of misc. brightwork and little parts that could be snagged off of some of that stuff as well as whole panels(oval window) not to mention a couple good front clips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.