Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 Season 8

1. Member
      Vehicles
      Honda CB400T
      04-23-2010 12:53 AM #526
      Quote, originally posted by Cooper »

That's exactly what Coolchick said.

CTU is a hell of a place to work. About 12 hours ago, she was Dana's trainee, having re-joined the work force after 2 years as a stay-at-home mom. She's defied protocols twice to get Jack in, pulled a gun on rival agency members, the office was bombed with an EMP, her supervisor's been exposed as a Russian mole and double murderer (there's still one victim decomposing in conference room B), she's witnessed the death of a foreign head of state, met the President of the United States, and is running CTU. Next we'll find out she baked a batch of cookies earlier, too.

Modified by epbrown at 11:55 PM 4-22-2010

"Motorcycles - the cigarettes of transportation." Seth Meyers

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S 5MT
      04-23-2010 01:45 AM #527
      Chloe is the only one you can trust, and she can run the system.

In the real world -- no, she wouldn't be put in charge.

But in the 24 world, she'll be the only one who can (spoiler alert): stop the mountain lion chasing Jack's daughter in the next episode.

:gift:

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Snap Orange Beetle
      04-25-2010 06:33 PM #528
      Yeah, but a leader in CTU needs to be able to have people want to do what they're asked, needs to be good with people to coordinate everything and keep everyone working together. Chloe has absolutely no skills for that at all. She is a worker bee, not a leader. Her smarts are about her job, not coordinating all of CTU.

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      04-26-2010 10:54 AM #529
      They know this is the last season, so they threw Chloe a bone. If it went another year... she may have ended up President for all we know.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      04-26-2010 11:07 AM #530
      im excited for a 24 movie. given that a lot of action movies about terrorism usually take place all within a 24 hour day (for example, Die Hard, or any schwarzaneggar movie), I think as long as they fit a 24 hour days into a 2 hour movie, bring back Jack and Chloe (and almeda), add a hollywood starlet as the damsel in distress, and some sfx, I can see it being green lit as a summer blockbuster.

of course I would rather see it in the mold of a bourne movie or the latest 007 movies.. I just want to see Jack scream obscenities and break bones on the big screen.

04-27-2010 12:53 AM #531
      So Jack just happens to have a paranoid, armed-to-the-teeth friend in NYC who could supply him with com gear and automatic weapons

04-27-2010 01:06 AM #532
      Quote, originally posted by mx5er »
      So Jack just happens to have a paranoid, armed-to-the-teeth friend in NYC who could supply him with com gear and automatic weapons

... in 10 minutes.

8. 04-27-2010 06:29 AM #533
      I'm sure Jack has weapons dealer contacts all over the place. My guess is he's got friends who deal in that sort of thing all around NYC. The guy he dealt with last night probably just was the closest one around.

Some of the characters are really being written differently lately.

Here we have President Taylor changing her positions faster than most of us change our undies. I mean, she goes from telling Jack she won't grant immunity, she must cover the Russian involvement for the sake of the peace treaty, etc. To then getting all wimpy when Ethan talked with her about pulling out of it for the sake of her administration. To then going back to saying it's for the "greater good" and staying with the peace treaty process after talking with Logan. My neck got whiplash from from all the change of direction of her policy (inside of like 15 minutes no less!). It was so bad I had to wear a neck brace for the rest of the episode.

And why would she and the U.S. have to pull out anyway? Just go forward with it and if the Russians get all pizzy because we uncovered their crimes here in the USA, and they pull out of the peace treaty themselves .. so be it.

Chloe also puzzled me. She would almost always take Jack's side. She's the one who convinced him to stay on this day in the first place. Plus after Jack tells her of the President's cover up .. she still didn't seem to bat an eye -- that she still decided to set up that elaborate plan to trap Jack. Doesn't sound like the Chloe I used to know and love.

Nice spidey sense of Jack too to smell out the trap. Guess he knows Chloe better than I do. Enjoyed his little convo with Cole too. But it should've gone like this:

Cole: "But what if you're wrong?"

Jack: "You're new here, so I'll just tell you this one .. you will learn that I AM NEVER WRONG, DAMMIT!"

Something I think Chloe needs reminding of herself. Heh.

Just speculation on my part, but I still wonder if Agent Ortiz is also a Rooskie agent. It would help make sense of that Danamole storyline. That he would leave and help her despite her "secrets" since they are both on the Mole Squad. Aww .. the heck with it, I can never make sense of that Danamole thing no matter how hard I try!

Feel kinda sorry for Starbuckmole now though. If that private torture squad doesn't get her, my guess is the Russians will find a way to take her out. And I don't mean for dinner and a movie..

So I dunno .. this past episode seemed a bit disjointed to me. The pacing just seemed weird. Just, what, 6 hours or so left? Hopefully the pace will start to pick up very soon-like.

Joe C.

Blog Entries
      Vehicles
      '05 Camry XLE
      04-27-2010 07:19 AM #534
      I enjoyed the show last night, but as with you, felt that the storyline is "riding off in all directions" a bit. My S.O.D. (suspension of disbelief) abilities are being put to ever higher levels of testing. But, I've come this far, and it's still interesting, in a bizarre sort of way, so I'll stick around for the last hours.

President Taylor, though...wow. What once was a towering figure of integrity has crumbled into a quivering tower of Jello. Are there only 2 people left with any integrity; Ethan, and Jack? We'll find out pretty soon, I suppose.

Do you enjoy old cars and long-winded stories about them? If your answer is "yes", then you might enjoy my blogpage. Try it here: http://vwlarry.blogspot.com . Leave a comment, too; I love feedback! Thanx for reading.

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.” - Aristotle

10. 04-27-2010 08:31 AM #535
      Yep, and it looks like Ethan has left the building too. Not much moral conscious-type guys left.

Forgot to mention too that I thought Logan was outstanding again. I really did enjoy those scenes with him. Especially that last one with Ethan. Halfway thought that Ethan would have another heart attack.

Maybe it's just me -- but I wonder if the Prez and Ethan ever had something going on? I know they're probably old, trusted friends and such. I just kinda figured it was more somehow.

I did kinda chuckle when Jack bought all those phones and said, "I won't need the chargers." Heh.

Dalia better hurry and sign that agreement. 5 minutes later President Taylor might change her mind again ..

Joe C.

Vehicles
      Audi TTQ, Touraeg, Passat
      04-27-2010 08:59 AM #536
      Quote, originally posted by Joe Cook »

Cole: "But what if you're wrong?"

Jack: "You're new here, so I'll just tell you this one .. you will learn that I AM NEVER WRONG, DAMMIT!"

I loved that part hahah

Vehicles
      2002 Elantra GT | 2005 Odyssey Touring
      04-27-2010 11:19 AM #537
      I'll preface this by saying I've always obediently watched 24 and never really bagged on the show, save for season 4.

Granted I started watching @ 11:25pm but I dozed in and out of sleep all through the episode and I when I woke up at the end I felt that I hadn't missed anything. Last week was good, this week, meh. I hope the writers can finish strong so we don't have this jaded, sour taste of 24 and what it once was but now become when it is all said and done.

Go Timbers! Timbers Army - RCTID!
      Go Ducks! WTD!
      COYS!
      Go Blazers! RIP CITY!
      Go tOSU!

04-27-2010 12:29 PM #538
      Quote, originally posted by Joe Cook »

I did kinda chuckle when Jack bought all those phones and said, "I won't need the chargers." Heh.

I was wondering how Chloe called Jack back. He called her from that prepaid phone and threw it away. It's not like he gave her the numbers to all his other phones.

Vehicles
      2012 Golf R, 2007 BMW X3, 2002 Jetta 1.8T
      04-27-2010 01:06 PM #539
      Quote, originally posted by salsanacho »

I was wondering how Chloe called Jack back. He called her from that prepaid phone and threw it away. It's not like he gave her the numbers to all his other phones.

no, i think jack called chloe back each time...

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2002 Snap Orange Beetle
      04-27-2010 07:10 PM #540
      I liked when Chloe gave the pep talk at CTU. "Listen up everyone, we're doing a sting operation. Let's go to work!"

Everyone just knows what they should be doing for the sting? Had me laughing.

I was waiting to see Ethan with wings and a halo and Charles with horns and a tail. It was like a sitcom or a movie with the Prez having an angel on one shoulder and the devil on another. Angel tells her to do right. She does. Devil tells her to do bad, she does. I thought it was really bad how easily the Prez' mind could be changed and especially by Logan - why would she listen to him?

Liked Ethan and his speech about why the peace treaty is so important to her. Like his moral stand. Hope we don't see the last of him.

04-27-2010 07:27 PM #541
      I want Jack to ruin President Taylor. That little C U Next Tuesday.
      Oh, Hai IG: @bethisloco

17. Administrator Emeritus adg44's Avatar
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi TT Roadster, 2014 VW Jetta GLI, 1992 Corrado VR6 S/C, 2001 Honda VFR800
      04-27-2010 08:50 PM #542
      They had such a good episode last week and then they gave us this piece of ****. Ugh.

It's hard being a 24 fan.

Formerly Anthony@VMG

Vehicles
      Family Truckster
      05-03-2010 11:54 AM #543
      Bump for... oh, why do I even bother.
      1 3 4 5 7 8 8 9 10 15 16 23 32 37 42 44 49

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve"

19. Senior Member
      05-03-2010 01:19 PM #544

Vehicles
      2006 V50 T5 AWD
      05-03-2010 09:57 PM #545
      YES! FINALLY!

21. Member
      Vehicles
      Jettasaurus Rex, 2015 GTI SE Manual w/LP
      05-04-2010 12:06 AM #546
      ^^

Been waiting ALL SEASON for this.

Vehicles
      09 Rabbit S 5MT
      05-04-2010 12:43 AM #547
      Dana was kinda hot, running around barefoot with a silencer.

All good things must come to an end, I suppose...

:gift:

05-04-2010 01:07 AM #548
      So many awesome 24 scenes in this episode:
      - "you can't take the shot, it's too dangerous!"... bam!
      - Chloe's angry face, always awesome.
      - Jack killing Dana. She deserved it.

Vehicles
      '91 Nissan 300ZX Twinturbo, '03 VW GTI 1.8T
      05-04-2010 01:11 AM #549
      Man I thought FOX would sugar coat that scene and have Jack let her go but he straight up executed that bitch. I cheered.

05-04-2010 01:15 AM #550
      That body Starbuck stashed away at CTU should be stinkin' up by now no?

26. 05-04-2010 01:59 AM #551
      Quote, originally posted by GrayRayT »
      Man I thought FOX would sugar coat that scene and have Jack let her go but he straight up executed that bitch. I cheered.

Is that the first outright execution Jack has done? I can't remember him killing an unarmed person like that.

I liked it though and it was long overdue...

05-04-2010 03:43 AM #552
      Was Nina Myers armed when Jack capped her in season 3?

28. 05-04-2010 05:41 AM #553
      Off the top of my head there were some others. Not counting Chapelle (Jack didn't want to do it, but was ordered to), here is who I thought of:

Victor Drazen

Nina Myers (I know some hated to see her die, but it was time to terminate her).

Christopher Henderson (Robocop!)

I am sure there are some others that I am not thinking of at this hour of the AM.

Wow .. what a way to end an episode! And I thought a very good one too. Am so glad I stuck with this season when at times I really felt like bailing. Especially with that silly Starbuckmole storyline.

Which gets me to..

Dear Jack Bauer: I know you've had some satisfying kills in the past. But for me this goes even beyond Nina! Yes, of all the things you've done for our country, this was the best thing you've ever done for this viewer .. GETTING DANAMOLE OFF MY SCREEN! YES! THAT STUPID STORYLINE .. SHE IS OVER! I and millions of thankful viewers we, well, thank you tremondously for this awesome display of genuine public service. Too bad it couldn't have been done hours ago. But I am quibbling. Thank you, Jack! We all are now completely in your debt. Again. Yours very truly, Joe.

I know some will say Jack simply was judge, jury, and executioner when he decided to plug (so to speak) poor Danamole. But alas, I got his cutting room floor conversation that didn't quite make it to air. Here is how it went:

Dana: Is there anything I can do?

Jack: Yes, you can turn yourself over to another Arkansas parole officer. He texted me that another redneck relative of Kevin's wants to talk to you. He said that..

Dana: Oh no! <quivering> Not another stupid, inbred, annoying, hic of a relative of Kevin's .. I've had enough of them! I can't take it anymore! Just shoot me, Jack! Please..it's for the best!

And that's when Jack actually shot her. So poor Jack just got a bad edit there.

I actually wondered if he would shoot her. I thought that when they showed her standing in front of the plastic hanging thingie, that she would leap and somehow land on some random van or something (like Terror Boy did at the hospital) and take the evidence thing with her. I mean, she knew she had to be dead once she gave that evidence to Jack. I'd figure she would make one last run for it. Guess not. And I think that last shot that Jack gave her .. it wasn't for Renee. It was for us viewers. I'm sure of it.

There was something I wasn't quite clear about.

I must have missed something. Well, I was answering the door paying for my pizza. But I thought I heard Chloe say something like, "I've never seen Jack this way before. He even threatened me". Or something along those lines.

Really? I don't remember Jack threatening Chloe. Again, unless I wasn't paying attention or something. And I thought he was fairly rational when speaking to Chloe earlier .. for rational for revenge-minded Jack Bauer anyway. Heh. He was trying to expose a Presidential coverup. And for some reason Chloe didn't go along with him this time. To me it's Chloe who has changed .. not Jack.

Loved seeing Logan again. He's looking more Nixonian with each passing episode. Will be interesting to see where this goes. Wonder if Jack will ultimately be the one to confront him and do, well, a Dana job on him as well.

I wonder what Cole's reaction will be. Well, when he wakes up that is. Man, Dana was one paranoid mole, wasn't she? Not only having a loaded gun in there, but some fancy, flash-knockout-bomby thing in there as well. But I wonder if Cole will now go after Jack for executing his former fiance. I'd think the dead body laying next to him would be enough for him to believe Jack did the right thing. But he could also turn all boy scout on us and decide to go after Jack for being a cold blooded murder or something. Well, he is, but he's *our* cold blooded killer! Besides, to me he didn't kill a human being. He killed a stupid plotline! That's good enough for me.

So I guess now we won't know the fate of Prady or the Dumb&Dumber Redneck Twins, eh? Just as well.

Great episode for me. Here's hoping for more Jack-vengenace!

Joe C.

29. 05-04-2010 05:59 AM #554
      A couple of other things I forgot to mention.

When Logan said something to the effect of, "For Jack, this is personal". I figured then he'd turn around and say, "For me it is too..Jack has screwed with me 1 too many times! Say, where is his daughter Kim right now ..."

And I would've screamed, "Oh noes .. Kimmy in peril again! The Hugemanatee!"

Glad they didn't go there. At least not yet, anyway.

I really thought HomelandMole stooge was going to accuse Chloe of helping Jack escape. And then have her "detained" for questioning and then make himself the acting-acting director of CTU.

Still could happen I guess. But I hope he's also on Jack's hit parade.

Joe C.

Vehicles
      2006 V50 T5 AWD
      05-04-2010 08:27 AM #555
      i hope it rains blood for the rest of the season. 24 needs to go out with a bang - err, lots of them.

Vehicles
      1989 Porsche 944, 2006 VW GTI, 2014 Mazda 6
      05-04-2010 09:05 AM #556
      Quote, originally posted by GrayRayT »

Me too. That was up there with the Nina take out.

05-04-2010 11:22 AM #557
      Quote, originally posted by mx5er »
      Was Nina Myers armed when Jack capped her in season 3?

I'll have to watch that particular episode again but I believe she was reaching for the pistol when Jack killed her.

Done with Hondas and back to my roots, VW.
      Future project car: mkIII GTi or Jetta VR6/T.

Vehicles
      2007 Ford Fusion SUX, school bus turning radius edition
      05-04-2010 12:15 PM #558
      I wasn't sure if he was going to do it but what a great ending to that episode.

Anyone see the preview for next week? Jack has a blow torch and someones face doesn't look so great

34. Member
      05-04-2010 12:34 PM #559
      Jack: "Who gave the order DAMNIT!"

Russian sniper:" Go to Hell!"

Jack: "You First!" :grabs blowtorch:

Modified by 01WJ at 12:37 PM 5-4-2010

The Pennsylvania State University

Vehicles
      '91 Nissan 300ZX Twinturbo, '03 VW GTI 1.8T
      05-04-2010 12:39 PM #560
      Quote, originally posted by VWVan »
      I wasn't sure if he was going to do it but what a great ending to that episode.

Anyone see the preview for next week? Jack has a blow torch and someones face doesn't look so great

Only problem is they gave away too much in the preview. If anyone saw the preview, we already know the outcome of a certain thing now. So much for the anticipation of what happens next...

But I'll still watch of course. 24 is like crack. It doesn't matter how good or how bad it is, I still need it. Every Monday.

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast