Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: DSG--False Neutral Problem with extra flare--and video

1. 12-26-2009 01:18 PM #1
      My local VW dealer has been working on my car under the extended warranty I bought from VW for the past few months. Its been frustrating since I really don't think my dealer understands the breadth of the condition. They really do think it's a isolated and rare issue, not many forum or proficient internet users work their. And each time my car is retuned to me they really think its fixed.

I have had a steering module replaced, two other components replace and days of rental cars and tow trucks (it was the dealers idea)in between. This last trip they replaced the power steering rack, bwt--they did leave the electronic speed assist setting so low it's not really doing much. I do have a video about it on YouTube, and if anyone could spend a little time to comment on this form and on YouTube as well that would be great. Im going to show my dealer, when I take my broken car again, that this is a real problem.

I live in the Coachella Valley we only have one dealer here, and I don't want them to think I am blaming them as much as a wakeup call that they are being misinformed from VWoA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lsEx_-b_o0

Vehicles
      Started NHTSA DSG Campaign/'09WolfieDSG died@623mi. VW took it back.Bought MkVI/GTI Blk 6spMT/SR/Xen
      12-26-2009 02:36 PM #2
      It is F'ing ridiculous! Looks like the "Flash of Death" to me... translation... a faulty DSG temperature sensor. Should have been fixed the 1st time... try another dealer....

The reason your selector cover was taken off is because in some rare cases, the c.board on the gear selector malfunctions... they broke the tabs... Get them to replace that cover plate with a NEW ONE.

Call your local ABC news affiliate (7 On Your Side) and explain what your dealer is doing (or not doing) right by you....

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=8378724 watch video

Modified by VWRedux at 2:54 PM 12-26-2009

"There's nothing like a well tuned car on an open road". Paul Newman
      *The New 2011 VW Jetta... At Least You Pay Less To Get Less!*

3. 12-27-2009 12:22 PM #3
      Thanks for the info! I am preparing all of this for them to get the car fixed right, or admit that it's time to replace the car.

Vehicles
      Started NHTSA DSG Campaign/'09WolfieDSG died@623mi. VW took it back.Bought MkVI/GTI Blk 6spMT/SR/Xen
      12-27-2009 03:04 PM #4
      Quote, originally posted by jn3rd »
      Thanks for the info! I am preparing all of this for them to get the car fixed right, or admit that it's time to replace the car.

They'll fix it a million times before ever getting you into another car, especially with the age and mileage of your car....

That's why it sounds to me that your dealer is milking your insurance company for all they can first BEFORE they fix it right... they know what it is... they know how to fix it too.... the 2006 DSG's were the most dependable model year ever... it's the Temp. Sensor.... there was a service sheet on this several months ago.... they know! They're just pulling your ins. company's chain for as much moola as they can get.... I would call your insurance co. and speak to the underwriter and file a fraud claim against your dealer!

Also check your State's Lemon Laws... usually 3 strikes for the same problem and the car is considered a lemon....

Good Luck

5. 12-28-2009 06:45 AM #5
      I have been really thinking about this going back and forth....
      A few question that are rattling around in my head. Is that we have been contacting VWoA America since the second time my car went into the shop. They have called us back always by the end of the same business day stating that they are working with the dealership to find the problem. VWoA has gone as far as to sending an non-local tech to work on my car.

And like I stated they supposedly narrowed it down from 12 to 6 to 3 parts.

On other False Neutral Videos, the gear selector just flashes, on my car all the electronic sensors light up as well:steering, airbag, ABS, ESP, ect.

Granted my car is an 06 and is excluded from the DSG sensor program, but like others have stated why where the 06 excluded? Could it be simply because so few are having problems? Or is it just a money saving move?

Does the dealer not want to fix the problem to get insurance money, or is VWoA not wanting to replace the sensor as it would be conformation that 06 and early cars suffer from the same condition increasing the scope of the DSG programs?

Or worse yet a more catastrophic failure of electronics that isn't related to the sensor at all, but is due to a more systematic design failure.

Everyday is moving closer to my desire for Lemon Law Arbitration, but I'm not sure who's at fault the local dealer of VWoA.

Any ideas?

Vehicles
      12-28-2009 09:22 AM #6
      Quote, originally posted by jn3rd »
      I have been really thinking about this going back and forth....
      A few question that are rattling around in my head. Is that we have been contacting VWoA America since the second time my car went into the shop. They have called us back always by the end of the same business day stating that they are working with the dealership to find the problem. VWoA has gone as far as to sending an non-local tech to work on my car.

And like I stated they supposedly narrowed it down from 12 to 6 to 3 parts.

On other False Neutral Videos, the gear selector just flashes, on my car all the electronic sensors light up as well:steering, airbag, ABS, ESP, ect. (THIS IS ALSO COMMON... THE GEAR SELECTOR ITSELF HAS AN IC-BOARD THAT MAY ALSO BE FAILING ALONG WITH THE TEMP SENSOR.... LOOK AT YOUR SERVICE RECORDS TO SEE WHAT THEY HAVE ALREADY REPLACED, IF ANYTHING. THIS WILL HELP DETERMINE YOUR NEXT STEP... TO KEEP RETURNING THE CAR FOR SERVICE OR FILING A LEMON-LAW CASE. THIS ONLY CONFIRMS THAT VW HASN'T A CLUE AS TO THE REAL REASON DSG'S ARE FAILING WORLDWIDE. IT'S HIT OR MISS... IN SOME CASES THEY REPLACE EVERYTHING, BOTH CPU'S, THEN THE MU, THEN THE SENSORS, THEN THE CLUTCH PACKS, THEN THE WHOLE FREAKING TRANNY AND STILL SOME CARS ARE NEVER REPAIRED.... SAD. )

Granted my car is an 06 and is excluded from the DSG sensor program, (YES AND ALSO THE DSG EXTENDED WARRANTY/ REIMBURSEMENT SERVICE PROGRAM AS WELL) but like others have stated why where the 06 excluded? (BECAUSE VW MANAGEMENT IS ONCE AGAIN BEING STUPID!) Could it be simply because so few are having problems? Or is it just a money saving move? ($$$$$$$$)

Does the dealer not want to fix the problem to get insurance money, or is VWoA not wanting to replace the sensor as it would be conformation that 06 and early cars suffer from the same condition increasing the scope of the DSG programs? (BOTH!)

Or worse yet a more catastrophic failure of electronics that isn't related to the sensor at all, but is due to a more systematic design failure. (THIS IS A POSSIBILITY AS DSG EQUIPPED CARS START AGING.... IT WILL BE INTERESTING TO SEE THE DEPENDABILITY OF DSG CARS AS THEY AGE ABOVE 60,000 MILES.)

Everyday is moving closer to my desire for Lemon Law Arbitration, but I'm not sure who's at fault the local dealer of VWoA. (BOTH... AND I WOULD START THE PROCESS NOW... NOT LATER.)

Any ideas?

Answer are in bold above. Good luck!

7. 12-28-2009 10:08 AM #7
      I am looking throw the repair logs and the sensor was one of the first things that was changed... BTW Today we are getting a full history on the cars repairs since CA Lemon Laws has a few lines about first reported problem and attempts regardless of milage.
      I'm really ready for this to be over!

8. Member
      Vehicles
      '09 Jetta TDI w/DSG
      12-28-2009 09:06 PM #8
      So far, two VW factory people have insisted that the '06 DSG is a different trans than the '09 that my TDI has. I have yet for them to tell me what the difference is. Maybe that's why VW has been excluding the '06 from the programs.

9. 12-31-2009 05:09 AM #9
      I have been working on this problem for about 3 days now! I don't know if laws will change, or if people will listen. All I know for sure is that it is the right thing to do!

I hope my little nudge can be all the space someone, who has more time, needs to knock over the lies and let us have a Lover's Revenge!

For all you non-beilvers Try it, and you'll see. Things will be better just follow me! (pink reindeer---sorry no white rabbit)

http://frustrationsonvw.blogsp....html

Oh, you will need a pencil, a phone, and if you not feeling my grove, you will need some ear plugs-- pink I hope.

Jacinto Noriega---- (760) 200-4000 Just say your asking about the YouTube Video! Ask for Faulstino

2006 Jetta TDI- With "flash of death" that officially doesn't exists!