Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: You might be an alcoholic when...

Vehicles
      LSx hunting.
      04-01-2011 08:46 AM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by Krieger View Post
      You could run 93 tune, 87 in the tank just fine. I did that and even went on the dyno like that and pulled the same numbers most others did on 93.

I havnt logged for 100 oct yet, but ive been in 100 oct mode with 93 in the tank and 80% meth and it pulls pretty nice, I must say.

if it wasnt for all this damn rain, id be tearing this **** up.

as far as the reservoir being empty: the pump will stay on. thats why its recommended you install a float switch to warn you of a low fluid level... as per any manufacturer's instructions... OR, just tap the windshield fluid bottle and there is already one in there.

when my low level light comes on, I just reach up and turn my boost settings to like 20 PSI each and she doesnt kick on any more till I reset it.

....so id be good in 93 file, with 93oct no worries then...id only run the 100oct file at the track...i drive 100miles to work and back a day.....yea im thinking the best bet is going to be to tap into the WW bottle....im leaning more towards the devils own kit now though....just because of the controller and i can mount in the car.....ugh im to effing picky
      yuksquad.//EE Militia//4EverKustoms
      [B]Owner- All in the DEtails Automotive Detailing

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      04-01-2011 12:26 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by LowerThanZimmy View Post
      ....so id be good in 93 file, with 93oct no worries then...id only run the 100oct file at the track...i drive 100miles to work and back a day.....yea im thinking the best bet is going to be to tap into the WW bottle....im leaning more towards the devils own kit now though....just because of the controller and i can mount in the car.....ugh im to effing picky
      If you wanted to DD your car with the w/m kit for your 100 mile commute I would suggest you get a larger tank. The stock WW tank is 1 gallon and for a somewhat spirited 100 mile drive to go hang out with some friends i nanother town I pretty much use up the entire gallon.
      i do carry a spare 1 Liter bottle in my hatch that I keep a w/m mixture in.
      i got the bottle from a friend that works in a research lab so I feel safe transporting the meth in it as it is a sterile bottle, thick threaded screw on lid and its made of some sort of plastic mixture that wont get eaten up by the w/m.

I would research all of the vendors and pick out what w/m kit best fits your needs.
      I have the DO DVC30 kit and really like it. It may be overkill for a k03 but I liek the way it functions and it will still work out nicely if I upgrade my turbo later on.
      :APR -stage 2 :BSH -Intake,Mounts,RSB,TB Pipe :Whiteline -A.L.K. :Porsche 17Z BBK
      :Devils Own -DVC-30+Direct Port Injection :BC Racing -BR Coilovers :Flik-FTD :OSIR
      :Eurojet -Ceramic Coated TBE :DEFI :Unibrace :Tyrolsport :Bildon :Hawk :034
      TSI FAQ: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4042736

Vehicles
      LSx hunting.
      04-01-2011 12:36 PM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by ViRtUaLheretic View Post
      If you wanted to DD your car with the w/m kit for your 100 mile commute I would suggest you get a larger tank. The stock WW tank is 1 gallon and for a somewhat spirited 100 mile drive to go hang out with some friends i nanother town I pretty much use up the entire gallon.
      i do carry a spare 1 Liter bottle in my hatch that I keep a w/m mixture in.
      i got the bottle from a friend that works in a research lab so I feel safe transporting the meth in it as it is a sterile bottle, thick threaded screw on lid and its made of some sort of plastic mixture that wont get eaten up by the w/m.

I would research all of the vendors and pick out what w/m kit best fits your needs.
      I have the DO DVC30 kit and really like it. It may be overkill for a k03 but I like the way it functions and it will still work out nicely if I upgrade my turbo later on.
      yea im looking into that kit also......i wont be k03 for much longer...im gunna go k04(not that big of a difference but).......

do you buy pure methanol and mix it yourself? im guessing its more cost efficient to buy it that way...then mix with distilled water, im leaning towards this DO DVC30 kit

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      04-01-2011 02:35 PM #144
      Quote Originally Posted by LowerThanZimmy View Post
      yea im looking into that kit also......i wont be k03 for much longer...im gunna go k04(not that big of a difference but).......

do you buy pure methanol and mix it yourself? im guessing its more cost efficient to buy it that way...then mix with distilled water, im leaning towards this DO DVC30 kit
      Buying the premixed boost juice stuff is a joke.
      I wouldnt run it consistently but it wouldnt hurt to run a batch of the stuff for your first tank and maybe keep one kicking around your garage somewhere.
      I have a 5 gallon race gas can that I take to a local performance shop and buy 100% methanol for $3/galllon.
      I then mix it with distilled water from Walmart for $.80.
      I end up with 2 gallons of w/m for $4, not bad. Thats ~1 months worth of go juice.
      Granted if I take the ar out and BEAT on her I can run an entire gallon out in a day....
      But for my normal daily commute to and from work 1 gallon/week is all I need.
      :APR -stage 2 :BSH -Intake,Mounts,RSB,TB Pipe :Whiteline -A.L.K. :Porsche 17Z BBK
      :Devils Own -DVC-30+Direct Port Injection :BC Racing -BR Coilovers :Flik-FTD :OSIR

Vehicles
      LSx hunting.
      04-04-2011 07:25 AM #145
      Buying the premixed boost juice stuff is a joke.
      I wouldnt run it consistently but it wouldnt hurt to run a batch of the stuff for your first tank and maybe keep one kicking around your garage somewhere.
      I have a 5 gallon race gas can that I take to a local performance shop and buy 100% methanol for $3/galllon.
      I then mix it with distilled water from Walmart for $.80.
      I end up with 2 gallons of w/m for $4, not bad. Thats ~1 months worth of go juice.
      Granted if I take the ar out and BEAT on her I can run an entire gallon out in a day....
      But for my normal daily commute to and from work 1 gallon/week is all I need.
      sweet!.......devils own DVC-30 it is!

hope you don't mind my questions....id rather ask people that really know what its all about...rather then a shop tell me "o yea, this **** is the real deal"

Vehicles
      Turbocharged 2004 Civic SI with K20/K24 engine swap, 2006 Audi A3
      04-04-2011 10:18 AM #146
      thats what this forum is about. do it right, or do it twice.

be sure to read up on everything you can, and make sure you get the proper nozzle size for your motor.
      2006 Audi A3 | 2.0T | 6MT | APR Stage 2+ | Fully loaded ECU | FK grill | EJ CAI | BSH TBP |EJ DV Reloc. | Eurojet TBE | EuroJet Catch Tank | Cross drilled and Slotted Rotors | EBC "Redstuff" Kevlar | Raceland Coilovers | Forge Side to Side Short Shifter | Forge Front to Back Short Shifter | Devil's Own DVC-30 Methanol injection | BSH RSB | BSH Motor mount Kit | 42 DD Shifter Bushings | HPFP Stage 1 upgrade |

Vehicles
      LSx hunting.
      04-04-2011 10:31 AM #147
      thats what this forum is about. do it right, or do it twice.

be sure to read up on everything you can, and make sure you get the proper nozzle size for your motor.
      yea.....all the other retards are like "wait technical forums, vortex has them"

Vehicles
      2009 A3 3D 2.0TSI
      04-20-2011 01:06 PM #148
      Anybody has had any issues with their low-level indicator when using the WW reservoir? Mine is crazy, sometimes it marks low-level when its full, sometimes it doesn’t. But almost always, regardless of the quantity in the reservoir is telling me that level is low???

Anybody experiencing the same, maybe meth has lower conductivity?

Thanks!
      2009 Audi A3 2.0T l APR K04 TSI S3/ED 30 KIT l APR 3"DP l APR 3" CB l APR FMIC l Carbonio Stage 1&2 l VMR V701 18x8.5 l FK/Konigsport Coil-Overs l BFI Stage 1 Engine Mounts l APR Front & Rear Sway Bars

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      04-20-2011 01:24 PM #149
      I'm sure Vitrual or Kreiger will shed some light on this but I've read that it's b/c windsheild washer fluid has dye in it, hence the color, and that helps the optics on the float sensor determine when it's low or not. So when you run w/m it's essentially clear which means empty to the float sensor.
      Drive it like you stole it!!!
      XBL GT: MasterNele 03

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      04-20-2011 02:12 PM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by danielescobarg View Post
      Anybody has had any issues with their low-level indicator when using the WW reservoir? Mine is crazy, sometimes it marks low-level when its full, sometimes it doesn’t. But almost always, regardless of the quantity in the reservoir is telling me that level is low???

Anybody experiencing the same, maybe meth has lower conductivity?

Thanks!
      Quote Originally Posted by MasterNele03 View Post
      I'm sure Vitrual or Kreiger will shed some light on this but I've read that it's b/c windsheild washer fluid has dye in it, hence the color, and that helps the optics on the float sensor determine when it's low or not. So when you run w/m it's essentially clear which means empty to the float sensor.
      VW monitors the level of fluid in the WW tank via electricity. The stock WW fluid conducts electricity and w/m will not.
      Take a tiny pinch of salt and put it in with your w/m tank and shake the crap out of it before you fill up your car next time and you wont have that problem.

11. 04-20-2011 02:43 PM #151
      VW monitors the level of fluid in the WW tank via electricity. The stock WW fluid conducts electricity and w/m will not.
      Take a tiny pinch of salt and put it in with your w/m tank and shake the crap out of it before you fill up your car next time and you wont have that problem.
      I've heard of this and color food dye to get it to read from someone on the MKV forum. o_O seems like 2 vastly different low level reading theorys.
      AWE k04 *awesome*, AWE intake, AWE turbo back exhaust, AWE turbo outlet pipe, AWE vent boost gauge, KONI yellows,
      S3 intercooler, BSH engine/transmission mounts, BSH catch can, DSG, BSH 27 MM RSB and End Links, GIAC TUNED!!<3
      = 332 Wheel HP and 330 Wheel Torque

Vehicles
      2009 A3 3D 2.0TSI
      04-20-2011 02:53 PM #152
      Thanks man!

that is what thought, I tested with water and it was fine, only when I go below 60% water I get this issue and I am happy at 70%Meth 30%water by weight.

But adding salt???????? isn’t meth extremely corrosive? and then adding salt? would that be kind of harmful?
      2009 Audi A3 2.0T l APR K04 TSI S3/ED 30 KIT l APR 3"DP l APR 3" CB l APR FMIC l Carbonio Stage 1&2 l VMR V701 18x8.5 l FK/Konigsport Coil-Overs l BFI Stage 1 Engine Mounts l APR Front & Rear Sway Bars

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      04-20-2011 03:35 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by stanielz View Post
      I've heard of this and color food dye to get it to read from someone on the MKV forum. o_O seems like 2 vastly different low level reading theorys.
      I wouldnt have thought it but apparently dye works as well, just idd some quick research and some people use that.
      adding dye or salte accomplishes the same thing.

Thanks man!

that is what thought, I tested with water and it was fine, only when I go below 60% water I get this issue and I am happy at 70%Meth 30%water by weight.

But adding salt???????? isn’t meth extremely corrosive? and then adding salt? would that be kind of harmful?
      Thats why you use just a little pinch. I pick up individual salt packages from gas stations and sprinkle maybe 1/3 of the packet into my 5 gallon tank.
      With that little amount of salt it wont do any harm.
      If you were to add a full cup of salt you would have a different problem though

Vehicles
      2009 A3 3D 2.0TSI
      04-20-2011 03:59 PM #154
      I wouldnt have thought it but apparently dye works as well, just idd some quick research and some people use that.
      adding dye or salte accomplishes the same thing.

Thats why you use just a little pinch. I pick up individual salt packages from gas stations and sprinkle maybe 1/3 of the packet into my 5 gallon tank.
      With that little amount of salt it wont do any harm.
      If you were to add a full cup of salt you would have a different problem though
      So something like 1/3 of this

into 5 Gal? usually they are like 1gr, so we talking like .06gr per gallon….ok, guess it can’t be that harmless, I will give it a try.

Blending the mixture for the car has now become an art…..1.5 liters of this, 4.5 of that, a pinch of this……. Mix it well and voila…..

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      04-20-2011 04:25 PM #155
      So something like 1/3 of this

into 5 Gal? usually they are like 1gr, so we talking like .06gr per gallon….ok, guess it can’t be that harmless, I will give it a try.

Blending the mixture for the car has now become an art…..1.5 liters of this, 4.5 of that, a pinch of this……. Mix it well and voila…..
      I cant tell how big that packet is...
      If that packet is 1" long then yes 1/3 of that packet would work.
      Dont go overboard wit hthe salt, just pour out a little pinch into your handthen throw it in.
      i dont have to add salt very often. I typically only have to add salt when I do a fresh batch of w/m. I hardly ever run the 5gallon container empty, typically as it gets halfway I will pour in a gallon of water and a gallon of methanol. I never add any more salt unless the car starts throwing a hissy fit (not very often.

Yeah sometimes it does feel like Im a mad scientist mixing big jugs of stuff and dumping it into my car.
      Between filling up my car once a week and emptying my CC with a hand pump my neighbors give me all kinds of weird looks

Vehicles
      2008.5 GTI w/TSI motor, 1995 GTI Vr6
      04-21-2011 08:08 AM #156
      The reason it gets a low reading is because distilled water and alcohol don't conduct electricity on their own.. they have no minerals / salt that contain ions. By adding salt, you are ionizing the water, and the ions are what travel between the electrodes carrying the electrical charge. When water gets distilled, any minerals in the water are removed because only the water itself evaporates (leaving behind the minerals), then recondenses, so basically you have pure clean water. Oh and I just thought of a good way to describe that.. you know how when you wash your car, then leave it outside to dry, and you get water spots? Those spots / rings are the minerals that were in the water when it evaporated
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

Vehicles
      2000 C/W Jetta, 2005 XC90, 2010 CW GTI, 2010 Maxima SV, 2014 Durango, 2008 Yamaha R6
      04-21-2011 09:59 AM #157
      Good example, thanks for clearing that up both you guys.

Vehicles
      2003 X5 3.0i 5SPD, 07 SV1Ks
      04-21-2011 10:33 AM #158
      sooooo technically you could wash your car with distilled water and get no spots?
      Quote Originally Posted by Senor Pelligro
      It's a car for a fashion forward, style conscious guy that's always looking for the season's hottest accessory. A guy that watches Project Runway, reads TMZ, and drinks Cosmos.

It's simply fabulous, sweetie.

Vehicles
      2008.5 GTI w/TSI motor, 1995 GTI Vr6
      04-21-2011 10:44 AM #159
      Yup.. and those Mr clean car wash things have filters that filter out the minerals in the water so it doesnt leave spots.. only problem is they are a pain in the ass to use
      Check out my Garage build thread 2008.5 GTI 2.0 TSI 6MT / APR K04 V3.1, APR IC, CTS 3" turbo back, Carbonio full intake, GFB DV+, BSH TB pipe, SB Stg2 Endurance clutch, BSH mounts, DG Shortshifter, FFM bracket bushings, Forge big knob, Koni coils, Coolingmist CMGS Meth injection, USRT spacer (DO3 & Snow 100 nozzles), 19" Miro stp3's, Centric rotors, Stoptech pads and TyrolSport bushings

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI White, 1984 GTI White
      05-05-2011 03:49 PM #160
      Just saw your new intake manifold. How much material was available for actual threads on the tap? It looks pretty thin, I can't imagine it being any more than 2 threads. Think this is fine? I have no idea, just wondering your thoughts. Maybe loctite or something for safety, I wouldn't want those injectors flying out.

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      05-05-2011 03:53 PM #161
      Quote Originally Posted by mylesw42 View Post
      Just saw your new intake manifold. How much material was available for actual threads on the tap? It looks pretty thin, I can't imagine it being any more than 2 threads. Think this is fine? I have no idea, just wondering your thoughts. Maybe loctite or something for safety, I wouldn't want those injectors flying out.
      The DO nozzles threaded perfectly into the Intake Manifold.
      Each of the nozzles are fully threaded in and they sit flush with the IM.
      I used blue loctice on all of the nozzles to ensure they dont fly out and that it has a proper seal aginst the nozzles.
      As a matter of fact I was in the garage 2 days ago and put 2 more coats around the outside edge of where the nozzles thread in as to guarantee a 100% seal.

Great minds think alike 'eh?

22. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      05-05-2011 07:01 PM #162
      The DO nozzles threaded perfectly into the Intake Manifold.
      Each of the nozzles are fully threaded in and they sit flush with the IM.
      I used blue loctice on all of the nozzles to ensure they dont fly out and that it has a proper seal aginst the nozzles.
      As a matter of fact I was in the garage 2 days ago and put 2 more coats around the outside edge of where the nozzles thread in as to guarantee a 100% seal.

Great minds think alike 'eh?
      Virtual - will you be doing a diy for pulling the mani on the TSI? I haven't checked recently but I think the ones out there are FSI specific.
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      05-06-2011 11:27 AM #163
      Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain View Post
      Virtual - will you be doing a diy for pulling the mani on the TSI? I haven't checked recently but I think the ones out there are FSI specific.
      I wasnt really planning on it, but I guess I could.
      The process should be the same for the TSI as the FSI (give or take a bolt or three)....

24. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      05-06-2011 03:47 PM #164
      (give or take a bolt or three)....
      I know, that's the point.

I was surprised how much different it was when I installed a friends FMIC on his MK6 vs. the MKV. Will you get through it? Sure. Are there surprises along the way? Yes!
      '09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      05-06-2011 03:52 PM #165
      Quote Originally Posted by steelcurtain View Post
      I know, that's the point.

I was surprised how much different it was when I installed a friends FMIC on his MK6 vs. the MKV. Will you get through it? Sure. Are there surprises along the way? Yes!
      Well, just like any of my other installs I will take plenty of pictures.
      For the sake of maybe doing a DIY I will take plenty of EXTRA pictures along the way.
      The only problem at that point is trying to remember everything...
      I hope I dont hit too may roadblocks.
      If need be I havea local guy (with an FSI) that installed a K04 and while he was in the process he cleaned out his valves so I can call on him for some pointers/help.
      At this point all I need is a good period of time and iwill install the manifold.
      I wont have the time to complete this untill mid/late June though...

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      01-21-2012 04:08 PM #166
      Just got my Invoice from PPG, my TB spacer should be shipped out on Monday.
      Next weekend is open for me so if the weather isnt complete **** I will install it.

Can't wait to get my good 'ole Missouri Meth fix again

Vehicles
      Mine: 2010 Passat Hers: 2012 B8 A4
      01-22-2012 12:20 PM #167
      Just got my Invoice from PPG, my TB spacer should be shipped out on Monday.
      Next weekend is open for me so if the weather isnt complete **** I will install it.

Can't wait to get my good 'ole Missouri Meth fix again
      If this fits, I'm getting one too! Any update on the custom intake mani?
      Unitronic > APR Switched from APR to UNI and never looking back
      CW '10 Passat 2.0TSI: UNI Stage 2 VMR V705 19x8.5 et45 Podi Boost gauge/pod AWE DV, Turbo Outlet Pipe BSH Boost Tap BillyBoat 3" TBE BFI Stg2 Dogbone/motor mount/trans. mount KW V2 coils Forge Twintake(1st on Passat/CC) JBL W12GTi MKII HEX+CAN vagcom, Podi.ca podi free ship code: NINOSHIP, VMR | Wheels velocitymotoring.com, VolksBHAN in September

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      01-23-2012 01:38 PM #168
      I heard from somebody else that bought one of the PPG TB spacers that the Devils Own nozles wont sit flush and I will need to grind it down just a little bit, no biggie there.

The Intake Manifold is done and waiting to be installed, but I am going to clean my valves while I have the intake manifold off, so the 6 hour job is now looking to be a full weekend project.

Friend of mine was going to buy a media blaster and we were going to clean both of our valves using walnut shells, but he knocked his wife up and he is no longer going to buy the media blaster.
      So now it looks like I am going to clean my valves the good ole fashioned way, elbow grease.
      Im going to wait till it starts to warm up and get my friend with a BT MKV to help me out.
      Not looking forward to that ish at all.

Vehicles
      01-23-2012 02:34 PM #169
      That bad huh? I've heard and seen the DIY and it can't be any worse than changing the crack pipe on a VR but I guess I'll find out when it my turn to do it. Hopefully though it'll go by faster and easier with the both of you guys working on it.

Vehicles
      01-23-2012 02:46 PM #170
      I heard from somebody else that bought one of the PPG TB spacers that the Devils Own nozles wont sit flush and I will need to grind it down just a little bit, no biggie there.

The Intake Manifold is done and waiting to be installed, but I am going to clean my valves while I have the intake manifold off, so the 6 hour job is now looking to be a full weekend project.

Friend of mine was going to buy a media blaster and we were going to clean both of our valves using walnut shells, but he knocked his wife up and he is no longer going to buy the media blaster.
      So now it looks like I am going to clean my valves the good ole fashioned way, elbow grease.
      Im going to wait till it starts to warm up and get my friend with a BT MKV to help me out.
      Do you have a link to the PPG tb spacer? If I don't end up going with HEP mani, I'd definitely want the spacer.

I'll be cleaning my valves this summer, not looking forward to it either
      CW '10 Passat 2.0TSI: UNI Stage 2 VMR V705 19x8.5 et45 Podi Boost gauge/pod AWE DV, Turbo Outlet Pipe BSH Boost Tap BillyBoat 3" TBE BFI Stg2 Dogbone/motor mount/trans. mount KW V2 coils Forge Twintake(1st on Passat/CC) JBL W12GTi MKII HEX+CAN vagcom, Podi.ca podi free ship code: NINOSHIP, VMR | Wheels velocitymotoring.com, VolksBHAN in September

Vehicles
      01-23-2012 02:47 PM #171
      another question,

are you gonna be running the spacer and your custom mani together?

Vehicles
      01-23-2012 04:28 PM #172
      most likely. You want some sprayed before the IAT sensor so the car sees the drop in temps and advances timing. Virtual, that PPG spacer looks like the nozzle threads in further back on the left side than the USRT spacer does. Unless you want to remove the TB pipe again, stick with whatever nozzle you first buy. its hell getting those nozzles screwed in under the manifold. I used a needle nose pliers and an open ended wrench and got it, but I dropped my initial nozzle holder down into the abyss that is our engine bay... it has never been found. lmao. so, if your working the nozzle in or out, keep that hose connected... there are alot of little spaces those suckers can get lost into.

My setup im going for right now is a 60cc in the TB spacer, and a 100cc spacer post IC, with the pump at 220-250psi. Eventually I'd like to shave my mani and go direct port injection as well, but that is for another day and after I source another mani.
      2006 Audi A3 | 2.0T | 6MT | APR Stage 2+ | Fully loaded ECU | FK grill | EJ CAI | BSH TBP |EJ DV Reloc. | Eurojet TBE | EuroJet Catch Tank | Cross drilled and Slotted Rotors | EBC "Redstuff" Kevlar | Raceland Coilovers | Forge Side to Side Short Shifter | Forge Front to Back Short Shifter | Devil's Own DVC-30 Methanol injection | BSH RSB | BSH Motor mount Kit | 42 DD Shifter Bushings | HPFP Stage 1 upgrade |

33. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Audi TT-RS
      01-23-2012 04:41 PM #173
      Virtual, that PPG spacer looks like the nozzle threads in further back on the left side than the USRT spacer does. Unless you want to remove the TB pipe again, stick with whatever nozzle you first buy. its hell getting those nozzles screwed in under the manifold.
      Krieger,

The nozzle does install further back on the left side but this is a good thing since it is not directly underneath the IAT sensor allowing for more clearance during install/removal. Here's a good pic for comparison. It's a breeze to remove/install the nozzle once you disconnect the IAT sensor and purge valve. I actually removed it last night and was able to remove the holder with the nozzle coming with it. This was with snow performance nozzles though so the results may be different with DO.

For reference, I was the person who originally piloted the PPG spacer before Virtual purchased. This is on a thread I have on golfmkv.com. http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1480471

'09 GTI TSI 11.53@121.18
      '12 TT-RS TBD!

Vehicles
      2009 GTI
      01-23-2012 04:48 PM #174
      If I can get some decent weather this weekend I will install the TB spacer this weekend.
      When I go to install my Direct Port Injection Intake Manifold I will have to repeat the whole process so I could theoretically put my DO3 nozzle in the TB spacer, but I think I am going to stick to putting the DO1 in the TB Spacer.

My ultimate dream plan is to run my Manifold with the DO.75 nozzle in each runner with the DO1 in the TB Spacer. However I want to do a little custom work. I want to have the Devils Own electronic solenoid before the DO1 in the TB spacer and have that hooked up to a switch in the cabin so I can enable and disable that while constantly running the Direct Port injection. The game plan is to only use the DO1 while im on the track/strip/aggressive driving.

Vehicles
      01-23-2012 11:13 PM #175
      the ppg spacer has the nozzle on the front? very nice. the USRT spacer has it off to the side, which can be a pain when removing or re-installing with the spacer still installed, but keeps stuff pretty well hidden... and its a quality piece. USRT has some good dudes working there.

Why not just run the D01 all the time? It won't drain your WM supply very fast at all, and you can always keep a gallon in the trunk. I use windshield washer fluid bottles to hold my mixes. I spike the mix with a touch of rubbing alcohol to warn me if there is ever a spill or anything. You cannot smell methanol, but you definitely can smell the rubbing alcohol, even in very small amounts.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast