Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 6 of 236 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: So, did you ride today? (Details!)

Vehicles
      2014 Chevrolet Traverse LT 2006 GMC Yukon XL SLT
      01-29-2010 05:44 PM #126
      Quote, originally posted by cooleremail »
      Season start here next month my friend

Been doing intervals here all winter...
      Season starts in two weeks!
      ... you're not a hipster. But you definitely have hipster tendencies. Stay vigilant... like diabetes, you can manage this.
      -20DYNAMITE07

This thread sucks -Quattro Krant

2. Member
      01-29-2010 07:55 PM #127
      Quote, originally posted by merckx56 »
      Been doing intervals here all winter...
      Season starts in two weeks!

Same here, just haven't worked intervals in yet. Mostly base with tempo twice a week. Early races aren't important, my priority races are in april and june.
      Training crits start in two weeks

3. 01-29-2010 09:36 PM #128
      Quote, originally posted by pschmerg »
      Same here, just haven't worked intervals in yet. Mostly base with tempo twice a week. Early races aren't important, my priority races are in april and june.
      Training crits start in two weeks

Yeah, our schedule here is pretty funky, the beginning usually has the best day RR's followed by stage races (I don't do) then it's like barrage of CRITS every weekend for 3 months. So I get in some early work, get a nice lull for a month (work on more power intervals) or so then will be ready for CRIT season. Will see how it goes.

4. 01-30-2010 02:44 PM #129
      1 hour trainer

5. 01-30-2010 07:49 PM #130
      did another 40 min crit DVD tonight. damn snow...
      Benny and the jets - Just your average air cooled 911 adventure
      Shop Truck - Round 3: Back With a Vengeance?!

01-30-2010 08:51 PM #131
      Two hours of tempo/threshold work on the stationary tonight(TSS 154.4, IF 0.863). Kept myself from getting bored by watching the action from 24h of Daytona.
      http://tpks.ws/NvA6

Vehicles
      01-30-2010 09:01 PM #132
      The ice and generally crap weather kept me in today, but one of my ride partners did 5:05 on his 29er...on the road! He's a special kind of crazy.
      It was 33 and ice drizzle BTW!
      ... you're not a hipster. But you definitely have hipster tendencies. Stay vigilant... like diabetes, you can manage this.
      -20DYNAMITE07

Vehicles
      09 Saab 9-3 2.0t, 09 GTI 2.0t
      01-30-2010 11:26 PM #133
      Interesting "ride" today.
      I've been experiencing arch of foot pain/ discomfort, as well as some other issues, so decided after much research to go for a full bicycle fit.
      After over 4 hours of interview, measurements, "fine tuning" and riding a trainer I now have a full fit, and e-fit insoles and varus wedges.
      I hate riding a trainer, so the true test will be when I go on a real ride.
      On friday I rode into work while it was -8*F with wind chill [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] the discomfort of that ride has temporarily ruined cold weather riding for me.

9. 01-31-2010 12:11 AM #134
      http://grasshopperadventureseries.blogspot.com Event #1 today...
      I was already off the back before my friend crashed, resulting in us hobbling back to home base. 25 miles, but seriously unfulfilled! We'll do a make-up ride when the weather is nicer...
      My teammate came in 4th place though, behind Levi Leipheimer and two other guys (!).

10. 01-31-2010 02:15 AM #135
      Did three Hunter's Camp loops today on the single speed. It was a short ride, but included about 3000 feet of climbing in the mud over ten miles. Tomorrow I'm go out to Annadel again.
      I had the opportunity to ride my friend's new titanium hardtail today. I do believe I see a titanium bike in my near future.

Vehicles
      01-31-2010 08:47 AM #136
      Quote, originally posted by OriginalGTI »
      Did three Hunter's Camp loops today on the single speed. It was a short ride, but included about 3000 feet of climbing in the mud over ten miles. Tomorrow I'm go out to Annadel again.
      I had the opportunity to ride my friend's new titanium hardtail today. I do believe I see a titanium bike in my near future.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/pro...9.htm
      http://www.bikesdirect.com/pro...0.htm
      -20DYNAMITE07

12. 01-31-2010 07:29 PM #137

Those are both bikes that I would be more than happy to ride. I have a M950 XTR group sitting at the shop though. When I have time, I need to look through out catalogs and check out EP pricing on frames. Even at my cost, though, I'm sure I'll be hard pressed to beat those Motobecanes. I'm also certain that my choices for new ti frames with V-brake bosses are going to be slim. My boss rides a stainless steel Rikulau, and he's very pleased with it. They have a ti hardtail available, so I'll look into that.
      Regarding the Motobecane 26er though, are carbon mountain cranks able to withstand impact? A few of the trails I ride frequently are riddled with rocks and boulders, and I strike my cranks pretty regularly climbing over them.
      Edit: Pics of my two mountain bikes. The Specialized is my main mountain bike and the Haro is what I've been riding all winter. The Specialized is what I'm looking to replace with a ti bike. Maybe the Haro later on if I like it that much.

Oh, and on topic, I did 15 more miles of mud riding on the Haro today.

Modified by OriginalGTI at 5:46 PM 1-31-2010

Vehicles
      01-31-2010 09:00 PM #138
      I rode carbon cranks on my cross bike for two years and banged the crap out of them with no issues.
      Those ti Motos are basically bikes being sold below cost. You simply cannot even piece those together for less.
      Rode 1:45 this morning on the Salsa. 30 degrees when I left...34 when I rolled in. Giordana Roubaix bib tights are, in fact, the sh*t! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      -20DYNAMITE07

01-31-2010 10:47 PM #139
      Another 2 hours in the basement, the last day in a three day training block...actually looking forward to not riding tomorrow!!
      http://tpks.ws/BsFp

15. 02-01-2010 12:19 AM #140
      Quote, originally posted by OriginalGTI »
      Oh, and on topic, I did 15 more miles of mud riding on the Haro today.

Those were a fine 15 miles aside from my face contact with one burly rock. wet, messy and fun. oh and the burrito was good too.

16. 02-01-2010 12:35 AM #141
      Quote, originally posted by markj2k4 »
      wet, messy and fun. oh and the burrito was good too.

I'll thank you to keep that to yourself, sir.

17. 02-03-2010 12:13 PM #142
      Got my first win of the season last night in the weekly parking lot crits. Teammate gave me a quick leadout early in the race and I lapped the field. One guy bridged while I was on the attack but couldn't stay on. I've been wanting to try that for a while now

18. Member
      02-03-2010 01:09 PM #143
      haven't ridden in a bit over a week my knee has been tender lately so i'm trying to let it heal up. really sucks.

19. 02-03-2010 03:28 PM #144
      Quote, originally posted by WilliamWestfall »
      Got my first win of the season last night in the weekly parking lot crits. Teammate gave me a quick leadout early in the race and I lapped the field. One guy bridged while I was on the attack but couldn't stay on. I've been wanting to try that for a while now

Congrats on the win!
      I tried again for an outdoor ride yesterday. Made it about a mile... returned home and finished the ride on the trainer. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthdown.gif[/IMG]

20. 02-03-2010 03:36 PM #145
      its cold... very cold at night ben.
      you can't keep riding outside shirtless in the winter

21. 02-03-2010 04:06 PM #146
      Temp was 36F. I had on bib-knickers, an under-armor shirt, and a windproof jacket plus gloves and hat. I'll try upping it to full legs and maybe another upper layer this weekend...

22. 02-03-2010 04:16 PM #147
      hmm yah id say warm tights, then bibs, base layer + jacket (another layer if you need but prob not), warm socks, gloves, hat, and i run a bandanna to cover some face.
      havnt commutted the whole distance to work ina while... been lazy
      roller tonight, anyone have a good movie that i can play off of netflix for it?

Vehicles
      02-04-2010 04:17 PM #148
      Quote, originally posted by audi666 »
      hmm yah id say warm tights, then bibs, base layer + jacket (another layer if you need but prob not), warm socks, gloves, hat, and i run a bandanna to cover some face.
      havnt commutted the whole distance to work ina while... been lazy
      roller tonight, anyone have a good movie that i can play off of netflix for it?

The Kingdom...actually a very good movie!
      Rode outside in the 40 degrees and wet yesterday. The sun came out after I got home...b*stard!
      Night ride tonight...getting very over night rides. C'mon daylight savings!
      -20DYNAMITE07

24. 02-04-2010 06:33 PM #149
      Quote, originally posted by benjaminobscene »
      Temp was 36F. I had on bib-knickers, an under-armor shirt, and a windproof jacket plus gloves and hat. I'll try upping it to full legs and maybe another upper layer this weekend...

Knickers? WTF If I go to grab coffee and just roll up a pant leg that exposed skin in .25-.5 miles is screaming for coverage in 40* and no wind (we are all different though, but I myself have yet to go out and turn back on an outdoor winter ride)
      Here's my <40* assemble, which FWIW if over 30* has me a bit heated and sweaty after an hour (even with unzipping on climbs and airing out on descents).

Base: Etxeondo Upper (only base you need - best purchase ever).
      Jacket: Assos Fugu (If you have the means or can find a uber deal like I did, do it if you plan on riding through winter outside)
      Bibs: Assos Airprotec
      Gloves/Mitts: Assos System sans liner (Dry) Castelli neoprene (Wet)
      Shoes: Northwave Fahrenheit Winter Road Shoe
      Booties: Sugoi
      Socks: Multiple brands, all are 100% wool

When it's 40-45* I take a Castelli Wind/Water shell the clear and practically weighs nothing jacket and just put it on over my base layer, short sleeve Jersey and a Vest, or just a light early winter Specialized jacket I also have.
      I primarily only wear Assos now, buying summer bibs just cursed me Frankly if its not a handmade garment I doubt I'd buy it any longer. You truly get what you pay for and I must say in winter being comfortable and warm is worth paying for. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      MK666 GTI, and a lot of expensive custom bicycles :)
      02-04-2010 07:03 PM #150
      Got in my standard 4-hour Thursday morning ride...Snapped the shift lever off my Rival shifter this morning and got stuck with a 2-speed for 1/2 the ride

-Jim.
      One bike. Yours.
      www.SEVENCYCLES.com

Page 6 of 236 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast