So I bought this car in April of 08.
I've been honored to have this car. I love it so much.
I almost hate it too, it's got a lot of strange things with it.
So far I haven't changed much since I bought it.
One of the previous owners has painted it the weird gray that it is. I've found parts on it that are all different colors. black fenders, red quarter panel. But when the grey chips off it chips nugget yellow mostly. Phil and a few others have seen what I'm talking about.
I want to do a lot of body work and spray it nugget yellow again.
The biggest problem I've run into is the half done 5x100 swap. It has hybrid axles and since the axles like to break, I'm switching back to 4x100. This has been my battle since April 09.
So now, January 2010 is here and I'm making it a point to get this thing driveable. Even though it's freezing cold out. Let's see where this goes.
I really don't like the 17 inch wheels that are up there, so I'm trying to get away from them.
You can go way lower with 15 inch wheels.
I've run into a few minor problems. I've found rust in the rear passenger wheel well. Which led to a fried seatbelt relays and a burning smell in the car for 2 months, even though I removed the relay and covered the hole that day.
Also the passenger window would short and roll down when you opened the door all the way. It would blow a fuse and the window would be stuck open. I fixed that, it was an exposed with that shorted out.
So, now that I really think about it, I'm sorta tired of fixing things on it all the time. And due to school I didn't have time to drive it and fix it. I'm gonna do better with it.
I have to go for now, I'll write more later, I'll be thinking of all the problems it has while I drive my moms Mazda Tribute..
So, while driving the Mazda, it's a real sailboat by the way.. =/
I remembered a lot of problems my Corrado has.
I'm sure this list will grow when I begin working on the car again.
- One of the wheels are cracked and bent. Instead of repairing wheels I don't really like, I've decided to go to 4 lug and get away from 17 inch wheels at the same time. Two birds, one stone.
- Oil Pressure sensor is bad, leaks oil and makes the car sound like an alarm clock at low driving speeds sometimes. *beep beep beep beep*
Easy fix, just haven't felt like doing it.
- Sunroof is broken. It tilts but doesn't roll back. It'll roll straight back though. Who has a working sunroof anyway?..
- The spoiler doesn't work. I'll just leave it up until I find another motor.
- NA Seatbelts suck, so one of the previous owners removed them and installed Simpson Racing harnessed. They're a pain in the butt.
- The fogs are blown. I have SLC fogs but no turns yet. I'll be switching over to SLC fogs and turns hopefully.
I want to HID them.
I may shave the bumper when it gets paint and body work.
- Stock wipers suck, I'm putting a scirocco mono wiper in there.
- NA headlights are broken and you can't adjust them. As if NA headlights alone weren't bad enough...
It looked like this when I bought it. It's just a bit lower in this pic and I spray painted the ugly cracked fogs.
These are the wheels that I'll be running. They're 15x8 ET0.
It's a really bad pic, but we'll see what it looks like when I'm finished.
Modified by ModernDayThorns at 10:36 PM 1-1-2010