Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 134 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast
    Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 6067

    Thread: 2010 MKVI JSW Jetta Sportwagen / Golf Wagon Modification Thread

    1. Junior Member Ukjeeper21's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2010
      Location
      Kansas City, KS
      Posts
      65
      Vehicles
      11 JSW TDI
      12-30-2011 07:27 PM #3326
      Quote Originally Posted by sportwagen rick View Post
      Ordered the OEM Euro Skid Plate, finally.

      Got mine today

      ECS could of done a better job of packaging the skid plate though
      2011 JSW TDI / 6MT / Votex Kit / KW V1s

    2. Member charlie.macpherson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2008
      Location
      longisland
      Posts
      5,363
      Vehicles
      mk6GLI
      12-30-2011 10:09 PM #3327



      Winter mode. Ready for Vermont
      Vag-Com services PM me

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,276
      Vehicles
      '10 SportWagen TDI
      01-02-2012 02:24 AM #3328
      Quote Originally Posted by Ukjeeper21 View Post
      Got mine today

      ECS could of done a better job of packaging the skid plate though
      Ordered mine from ECS too. I see they are on back order now until the end of February; glad I ordered mine when I did.

      Definitely ghetto on the packing there.

      Mine should be here on Friday. Hope to get installed over the weekend.

    4. Member Code3VW's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2004
      Location
      Gilbert, AZ
      Posts
      13,878
      Vehicles
      '10 CW JSW TDI 6MT
      01-02-2012 12:49 PM #3329
      Quote Originally Posted by sportwagen rick View Post
      Ordered mine from ECS too. I see they are on back order now until the end of February; glad I ordered mine when I did.

      Definitely ghetto on the packing there.

      Mine should be here on Friday. Hope to get installed over the weekend.
      I guess packing an item well whose main feature is to take a beating delivered by the road is a bit counter-intuitive.
      OEM+ Bi-Xenon HIDs | Front & Rear Fogs | Highline CECM | Euroswitch | RNS-510 HW:08 SW:1140 w/ Software VIM | Backup Camera | 9W7 | Dash Cubby | Aspherical Mirrors | GTI Steering Wheel w/ .:R Badge | GTI 6MT Shift Knob | GTI E-Brake Boot | GTI Pedals | GTI 18" Detroits
      Not so OEM+ Koni Coilovers | Gentex Homelink Mirror | Yaesu FTM-350AR

    5. Member
      Join Date
      May 16th, 2010
      Location
      El Paso, TX
      Posts
      655
      Vehicles
      2010 JSW TDI
      01-02-2012 05:00 PM #3330
      They want it pretty when it arrives...

    6. Member Im Rondo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2011
      Location
      San Antonio Tx
      Posts
      131
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta Sportwagen
      01-02-2012 06:56 PM #3331
      Quote Originally Posted by Ukjeeper21 View Post
      Got mine today

      ECS could of done a better job of packaging the skid plate though
      What is the difference between this plate and the Panzer plate?

    7. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,276
      Vehicles
      '10 SportWagen TDI
      01-02-2012 07:18 PM #3332
      Quote Originally Posted by Im Rondo View Post
      What is the difference between this plate and the Panzer plate?
      The OEM skid is steel and vented, and the Panzer is aluminum and unvented. The OEM is more expensive, but it is OEM. :p

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,276
      Vehicles
      '10 SportWagen TDI
      01-02-2012 07:21 PM #3333
      Quote Originally Posted by Code3VW View Post
      I guess packing an item well whose main feature is to take a beating delivered by the road is a bit counter-intuitive.


      Quote Originally Posted by jackchit View Post
      They want it pretty when it arrives...

    9. 01-02-2012 10:14 PM #3334
      Quote Originally Posted by Code3VW View Post
      I guess packing an item well whose main feature is to take a beating delivered by the road is a bit counter-intuitive.
      They should fire who ever packed that like that! WTF were they thinking, if anything...

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2010
      Posts
      140
      Vehicles
      1989 Audi 100 Red ( died ), 1997 Jetta GT ( sold ), 2010 Golf Wagon 2.5L ( present )
      01-03-2012 01:41 AM #3335
      Quote Originally Posted by sportwagen rick View Post
      The OEM skid is steel and vented, and the Panzer is aluminum and unvented. The OEM is more expensive, but it is OEM. :p
      lol.. I have a panzer one and it works great. How thick is the OEM

    11. Member CRJSW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2011
      Location
      Abingdon VA/Clarksburg WV
      Posts
      576
      Vehicles
      10 JSW TDi
      01-03-2012 02:22 AM #3336
      Quote Originally Posted by eurokid19 View Post
      lol.. I have a panzer one and it works great. How thick is the OEM
      Pics? Do the plastic pieces on the bottom mount back in place after the Panzer installation? I take it the OEM replaces the plastic skid and ties the bumper, vents and fender wells back in together?
      2010 Sportwagen_ 92 Corrado G60

    12. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Summit Point, WV
      Posts
      9,884
      Vehicles
      X,80,X,X,98,00,X,06,12
      01-03-2012 06:37 AM #3337
      Quote Originally Posted by sportwagen rick View Post
      Really thinking about finally getting a tune. Leaning towards Malone now since the nearest Revo dealer is about 4 hours away and I think Revo has checked out for the holidays, during their big sale... I think I'd rather pull the ecu myself and have the car down for few days than waste a whole day round tripping for the install. Plus the cost of fuel and installation negates the savings.

      By all means if you feel malone is a better option then go with it but I'm having a hard time understanding the logic no where you are in CA that you are 4 hours from one of our dealers. You are much closer to any Revo dealer then you are a malone dealer. You always have the option to mail us or any of our dealers your ecu just like you do Malone so that doesn't really make a difference there.

      Yes our support office was closed for the holidays. But we have over 300 dealers globally who can still install and support their customers, technically this office is meant to support our dealers who are in turn supposed to support you the customer. We were still reachable by our dealers if they needed us and I spent probably 15 hours during my vacation doing work stuff. I'm never truly off and reachable by my dealers all hours of the day and weekends.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2010
      Location
      Country
      Posts
      841
      Vehicles
      2010 VW JSW TDI
      01-03-2012 11:37 AM #3338
      anyone got pisc or link to this pan?
      Bunch of stuff.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,276
      Vehicles
      '10 SportWagen TDI
      01-03-2012 01:20 PM #3339
      Quote Originally Posted by eurokid19 View Post
      lol.. I have a panzer one and it works great. How thick is the OEM
      Not sure how thick the OEM one is. I know lots of people are happy with the Dieselgeek.


      Quote Originally Posted by CRJSW View Post
      Pics? Do the plastic pieces on the bottom mount back in place after the Panzer installation? I take it the OEM replaces the plastic skid and ties the bumper, vents and fender wells back in together?
      I know you retain the plastic belly pan with the Panzer, not sure with the OEM, but I'm assuming it replaces it—haven't looked at the directions. the OEM has actual vents in it.

      Quote Originally Posted by kraftwerkb6 View Post
      anyone got pisc or link to this pan?
      Dieselgeek Panzer

      OEM @ ECS

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 24th, 2010
      Location
      CA
      Posts
      1,276
      Vehicles
      '10 SportWagen TDI
      01-03-2012 01:23 PM #3340
      Quote Originally Posted by chris@revotechnik View Post
      By all means if you feel malone is a better option then go with it but I'm having a hard time understanding the logic no where you are in CA that you are 4 hours from one of our dealers. You are much closer to any Revo dealer then you are a malone dealer. You always have the option to mail us or any of our dealers your ecu just like you do Malone so that doesn't really make a difference there.

      Yes our support office was closed for the holidays. But we have over 300 dealers globally who can still install and support their customers, technically this office is meant to support our dealers who are in turn supposed to support you the customer. We were still reachable by our dealers if they needed us and I spent probably 15 hours during my vacation doing work stuff. I'm never truly off and reachable by my dealers all hours of the day and weekends.

      I wasn't aware I could send in my ecu with you guys.

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 26th, 2010
      Location
      Country
      Posts
      841
      Vehicles
      2010 VW JSW TDI
      01-03-2012 02:11 PM #3341
      HOLY MOTHER OF GOD $450 WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
      im going to look into my price but still smack in the face.
      I can get an Eos one to work no issues I might have to look into that instead.
      Bunch of stuff.

    17. Member Im Rondo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 7th, 2011
      Location
      San Antonio Tx
      Posts
      131
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta Sportwagen
      01-03-2012 02:45 PM #3342
      Quote Originally Posted by chris@revotechnik View Post
      You always have the option to mail us or any of our dealers your ecu just like you do Malone so that doesn't really make a difference there.
      What is the cost for a stage 1 tune for a 2012 2.0 TDi if I ship it to you.

    18. Former Advertiser
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2007
      Location
      Summit Point, WV
      Posts
      9,884
      Vehicles
      X,80,X,X,98,00,X,06,12
      01-03-2012 02:47 PM #3343
      Quote Originally Posted by Im Rondo View Post
      What is the cost for a stage 1 tune for a 2012 2.0 TDi if I ship it to you.

      This is a mod thread would prefer not to turn this into a sale thread talking about pricing and such. please shoot me an email and we can discuss anything about our products that you would like, chris.cafiero@revotechnik.com

    19. Member CRJSW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2011
      Location
      Abingdon VA/Clarksburg WV
      Posts
      576
      Vehicles
      10 JSW TDi
      01-03-2012 07:34 PM #3344
      Quote Originally Posted by sportwagen rick View Post
      I wasn't aware I could send in my ecu with you guys.
      Look into using Fed-ex, Ive paid up to $120 one way with USPS and UPS. Sad to say but Ive shipped my ECU 6 times now with another two to go! But it was worth it to me.
      2010 Sportwagen_ 92 Corrado G60

    20. Member peitrus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 27th, 2011
      Location
      Redlands, CA
      Posts
      322
      Vehicles
      2012 JSW TDI 6spd, 1971 Volkswagen Bay Window
      01-04-2012 01:21 AM #3345
      Anyone running extra low suspension setups or H&R ultra coils like me ever have issues with the axle hitting the frame? I hit the passenger side pretty often with at my height on large bumps or dips on the freeway or taking a hard left turn. I was looking into c-notching the frame but I don't like that idea so much. And I would raise my front if I could raise my rear but it's already max height. Damn ultra lows.

    21. Geriatric Member rootrider's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2004
      Location
      Tacoma, WA
      Posts
      49,913
      Vehicles
      '95 e36 m3, '04 e60 530i sport
      01-04-2012 03:36 AM #3346
      Quote Originally Posted by peitrus View Post
      I would raise my front if I could raise my rear but it's already max height. Damn ultra lows.


      my axle's do hit the frame on hard turns in my car (it's only happened on one of the tracks I've driven). I haven't worried about it too much.. I've checked the wear and you can barely tell that anything has happened so far.
      Last edited by rootrider; 01-04-2012 at 06:05 AM.
      PNWfahren - Pacific Northwest Regional Car Enthusiast Forum Community
      2009 VW SportWagen TDI sold =-=-= 1995 M3 -=- 2004 530i

    22. Geriatric Member rootrider's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 18th, 2004
      Location
      Tacoma, WA
      Posts
      49,913
      Vehicles
      '95 e36 m3, '04 e60 530i sport
      01-04-2012 06:02 AM #3347
      I want a 2010+ 6th gear... but I would prefer the other gears are untouched on my car. I wonder if that's possible

      Last edited by rootrider; 01-04-2012 at 06:07 AM.
      PNWfahren - Pacific Northwest Regional Car Enthusiast Forum Community
      2009 VW SportWagen TDI sold =-=-= 1995 M3 -=- 2004 530i

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2010
      Posts
      640
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf Wagon TDI
      01-04-2012 02:58 PM #3348
      I've skipped roughly 40 pages of this topic, haven't posted since well before the board split.

      What's the word on propane injection with the TDI? I saw it mentioned once but haven't seen anything since.
      dublove.ca | Unitronicchipped

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 31st, 2010
      Posts
      140
      Vehicles
      1989 Audi 100 Red ( died ), 1997 Jetta GT ( sold ), 2010 Golf Wagon 2.5L ( present )
      01-04-2012 03:32 PM #3349
      Quote Originally Posted by CRJSW View Post
      Pics? Do the plastic pieces on the bottom mount back in place after the Panzer installation? I take it the OEM replaces the plastic skid and ties the bumper, vents and fender wells back in together?
      The plastic pieces get thrown out it basically replaces most of the plastic oem ones. It works great I have had a few run-ins with some speed bumps and curbs where i was glad i Had it.

      this is the one i ordered:
      http://www.dieselgeek.com/Golf_Jetta...fslash-mk6.htm

    25. Member CRJSW's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 7th, 2011
      Location
      Abingdon VA/Clarksburg WV
      Posts
      576
      Vehicles
      10 JSW TDi
      01-04-2012 03:50 PM #3350
      Quote Originally Posted by eurokid19 View Post
      The plastic pieces get thrown out it basically replaces most of the plastic oem ones. It works great I have had a few run-ins with some speed bumps and curbs where i was glad i Had it.

      this is the one i ordered:
      http://www.dieselgeek.com/Golf_Jetta...fslash-mk6.htm
      Ok found it...

      "The Panzer Plate system utilizes your factory sound dampening pan so your low factory noise levels are maintained"

      Although I see it more then just sound dampening it also part of the bumper structure, without it only two screws hold the front of the bumper up.
      Last edited by CRJSW; 01-04-2012 at 03:54 PM.
      2010 Sportwagen_ 92 Corrado G60

    Page 134 of 243 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •