That just doesnt flow with the interior at all.
I just pulled the trans.... I figured it out why it wasn't spinning. There was a dime in the bottom of the housing. I don't know how it got in there, I have the plug in the timing hole. Either way, I'm glad I found it. Of course I pulled the head already so I need a new gasket and bolts. Can I use the bolts over again if I haven't actually run the motor?
Support Those Who Support Us...
Last night, I bolted on the mk4 exhaust manifold, control arms, brake booster (I forgot how HUGE this thing is!!!), installed the accessory belt, and started routing some of the wiring. I also managed to snap the plastic ball socket on one of the shift linkages trying to adjust the shifter. Those things need to be metal.
Oh, I also found out that I crushed the brake lines with the jackstand.
Techtonics Downpipe and exhaust are on the way.
This weekend should bring the truck back down on all four wheels for the first time in a while!
Last night I had so much time to get a lot done. I planned to install the axles and front suspension, but then I noticed I don't have the CV bolts so I couldn't do that. So then I decided to bend brake lines so I ran to Autozone to get the lines and stood in line for 30 minutes or so and then ran to Ace to find out they closed at 7 (I showed up at 7:10).
Anyway, I bolted on the coilovers and bent some of the brake lines. The came out pretty good for my first time ever. I need to find someone with the flare tool since I crushed a couple lines under the car. I'll upload some pics tonight.
Well, it's starting to look like a truck again! Pretty excited at this point. I've been making quite a bit of progress, although it doesn't look like it when you see it. This weekend the truck is sitting on all four tires and was rolled outside for a little hose down.
I took out the fuel accumulator and put the fuel filter in its place. All the brake lines have been finished, now I'm just waiting for a new MC which will be here Tuesday. Adjusted the exhaust and tightened it down a bit so it's not moving (I'll wait to see of it needs more adjusting before I really tighten the clamps). Mounted the electric fan to the radiator. I think I'm going to use the Gates Power Grip radiator hose clamps for a cleaner look. I also started putting down some FatMat in the cab.
Slated for this week
Fuel lines to motor
Figure out upper rad. hose
Figure out how to modify coolant flange to block heater core outlet.
Run battery cable for relocation
Shift linkage adjustment