I have a thread on Samba, but what I'm doing is frowned on a bit over there. So here's the list of what I'm doing.
- 1.8L 8v from an '84 Rabbit GTI
- ABT Intake manifold
- 45mm Weber DCOE carbs
- Autotech adjustable cam
- Porsche 901 5 spd trans
- 944 Turbo rear aluminum trailing arms
- 944 Turbo discs all around
- Porsche 924 seats
- remove torsion bars in favour of coilovers
- custom spring plates
- shave engine bay
- squareback fenders with vents
- shave gas fill door
- Punch Drunk customs 3" narrowed air beam
- replace both floor pans
- replace rockers, A pillars inner quarter panels
- replace front apron
- straigten out rear apron
- lots more rust repair patching
- replace fenders
There's a lot more to be done obviously... off the top of my head that's what I've got planned. Interior and paint are yet to be sorted... haven't decided on wheels either.
The car had been sitting since '92. After a few weeks of research and ball gathering I scooped it up.
Surveying the damage.
Rust repair begins.
Will be making some big progress within the next couple weeks when I get my repair sections/pans/fenders.