Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Yamaha RX-V765 Shut Down Issue

Vehicles
      2008 Touareg V6, 2011 A3 TDI
      01-10-2010 01:55 AM #1
      I put this question on AVSFORUM as well, but id figure id ask my fellow vortexers....thanks for the help in advance.

Just hooked up my friends home theater tonight. Nothing crazy. Yamaha RX-V765, AV123 ELT 5.0 Speakers, Energy ESW-V10 Sub. Sounds Fantastic. One issue though....

When running through the YPAO Auto-Setup, as it calibrates the tone for each of the speakers, when it gets to the rear surround left speaker, it tones onces, tones twice, and shuts the receiver off. I ran through this setup 10 times, all with the same result.

I then went into the Manual Setup for the speakers, and when i got to the rear surround left speakers, its volume output was noticeably lower then that of the right rear surround.

Any ideas as to what this issue could be? Speaker output issue from receiver? Speaker issue (doubt it, due to the shut down issue), speaker wire issue (its a brand new line, insulated 12awg from monoprice).

Any help is appreciated...my friend is in awe of this setup, but this issue has him hung up right now.

Thanks,
      Steve

Vehicles
      2008 Touareg V6, 2011 A3 TDI
      01-12-2010 09:58 AM #2
      Found the issue after some thorough testing....
      loose solder connection inside the speaker was causing the receiver to cut out.

Speaker is being sent back under warranty and getting replaced.