Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Yamaha RX-V765 Shut Down Issue

Vehicles
      2008 Touareg V6, 2011 A3 TDI
      01-10-2010 01:55 AM #1
      I put this question on AVSFORUM as well, but id figure id ask my fellow vortexers....thanks for the help in advance.<p>____________________________<p>Just hooked up my friends home theater tonight. Nothing crazy. Yamaha RX-V765, AV123 ELT 5.0 Speakers, Energy ESW-V10 Sub. Sounds Fantastic. One issue though....<p>When running through the YPAO Auto-Setup, as it calibrates the tone for each of the speakers, when it gets to the rear surround left speaker, it tones onces, tones twice, and shuts the receiver off. I ran through this setup 10 times, all with the same result.<p>I then went into the Manual Setup for the speakers, and when i got to the rear surround left speakers, its volume output was noticeably lower then that of the right rear surround.<p>Any ideas as to what this issue could be? Speaker output issue from receiver? Speaker issue (doubt it, due to the shut down issue), speaker wire issue (its a brand new line, insulated 12awg from monoprice).<p>Any help is appreciated...my friend is in awe of this setup, but this issue has him hung up right now.<p>Thanks,<br>Steve

Vehicles
      2008 Touareg V6, 2011 A3 TDI
      01-12-2010 09:58 AM #2
      Found the issue after some thorough testing....<br>loose solder connection inside the speaker was causing the receiver to cut out.<p>Speaker is being sent back under warranty and getting replaced.<p>