Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: New Compact Coupe Concept

1. 01-16-2010 10:07 AM #301
      I love this car! VW should build this coupe. Although I'd buy it as a 4 dr or a 2 dr, this looks stunning & the size sounds about right for me. If VW can make a coupe that's a little lighter than the current gen, which is great for performance & fuel milage, at least give an option for a slightly stiffer sport suspension then this car would be #1 on my list.
      Even as is though, I think they have a homerun with this one.

Vehicles
      lots of German cars
      01-16-2010 10:13 AM #302
      Quote, originally posted by tuckeje »
      This car was the shiznit! still want it

And it can be yours..
      Without reading all 9 pages (sorry if this a repost)
      I know the current owner of Project-X. Nate is a super standup guy.
      (Car originally purchased by Chris Longo in Dayton from 1552)
      As far as I know car is still forsale in the Dayton, Ohio area:
      http://www.swov.org/forum/inde...ect+x

A+++ on the new Jetta Coupe if VW ever brings it
      (IMO: the 4dr is better looking then the new A4)

Modified by Montanagreenmachine at 10:22 AM 1-16-2010
      '91 GTI 1.8T
      Swap Pics
      '97 M3/4
      '02 337 GTI

3. 01-16-2010 11:30 AM #303
      I don't know if this was addressed but how do you guys know the NCS is the new Jetta? I heard that VW is going to offer a "new compact" in between the Jetta and CC.
      We all can see that car is way too nice to be a Jetta, right. That coupe has to be a standalone model.
      When I first heard about the EOS I thought it was going to be the new Cabrio with an MSRP of around $18-24,000 like the 2002 models that were well equipped but it turned out to be around $32-35 grand!
      Anyway if the Jetta turns out looking like this.. which all signs point to yes, do you still want it?

or does it still look big, heavy and boring?
      if you look closely at the camouflage you can see the fog lights and grille coming through just like in the above rendering.

Modified by Northsea Green MKV at 8:40 AM 1-16-2010

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI
      01-16-2010 12:23 PM #304
      Quote, originally posted by Northsea Green MKV »
      I don't know if this was addressed but how do you guys know the NCS is the new Jetta? I heard that VW is going to offer a "new compact" in between the Jetta and CC.
      We all can see that car is way too nice to be a Jetta, right. That coupe has to be a standalone model.
      Anyway if the Jetta turns out looking like this.. which all signs point to yes, do you still want it?

This is an early test prototype of the of the NCS (New Compact Sedan). The NCS "is" the MKVI Jetta and has been confirmed by the president of VWOA in several interviews recently. It will be built at the Pueblo, Mexico facility and is expected to go on sale in the fall of 2010 as a 2011 model. It is expected to be very similar to the NCC (New Compact Coupe) that was presented at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show this week. However, it will not be merely a 4-door version of the presented NCC. According to this IndsideLine article posted a few days ago http://www.insideline.com/volk....html , and close examination of all the spy shots here http://www.autoblog.com/galler...l/#16, the NCS will have a slightly more of an overall upright glass housing with more front windshield angle, less sporty more oval roofline, more rear glass angle and a more horiz, less sloped trunk. Other things noticed from the spy pics were round door handles, no integrated rear lip spoiler, and oval shaped geometry in top portion of rear lights instead of angled. Overall, though the NCS will likely resemble NCC in the same way, the BMW 3 series sedans resemble the coupes or an A4 resembles an A5.

or does it still look big, heavy and boring?

This is a MV5 Jetta with a Golf TDI front end and door handles photoshopped on. It is not what the MKVI Jetta (aka NCS) will look like.

Modified by davidch at 5:46 PM 1-16-2010

5. 01-16-2010 03:48 PM #305
      I think the coupe idea was great. Its always nice to have variety and this model is indeed hot! As far as I know, VW has been reaching out to their grey areas, and this coupe model is certainly a good way to start.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2004 VR6 GTI / 2015 S5 Coupe
      01-17-2010 01:47 PM #306
      Like a baby S5
      2004 VR6 GTI
      2015 S5

7. 01-17-2010 06:12 PM #307
      "Official specs, features and options haven't been released but we've heard rumors of a new 2.0l four-cylinder normally aspirated base engine, 2.0T and TDI options. There will be higher trim model cars similar to the current Jetta and the GLI will return in the Jetta VI, albeit with an even more aggressive look."
      I know its early but does anyone know any details on the rumored new 2.0L four cylinder? (HP, torque, etc..). Also any ideas on transmissions for the new 2.0L four cylinder? (7sp DSG?) I'm really looking forward to hearing some specs on the new Jetta. I love the look of the 4 door shown!!! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      2007 VW Rabbit 4-Door
      01-17-2010 11:02 PM #308
      Quote, originally posted by Doug T »
      This is a quick hack job at a smaller coupe that would fit the new family styling.

The next Corrado.... I'm sold (Needs a spoiler tho..)

Modified by MKV.RABBIT at 6:53 AM 1-18-2010

Vehicles
      Audi RS2 Sedan + S2 Coupe
      01-18-2010 01:19 AM #309
      Build it and they will come!
      I like this a lot
      simple is sensational

Vehicles
      Yellow 1970 Beetle & Yellow Rush 2012 Beetle 2.5L Tiptronic
      01-19-2010 06:49 AM #310
      This got me in such a Jetta mood I went out yesterday and bought a 2010 sportwagon.
      ■■■■■■■■■■■■

Vehicles
      2003 20th. Anniversary 1323 GTI
      01-19-2010 09:47 AM #311
      Well it's about time VW went back to it's roots with body styling, the interior was never a question.
      [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG] on the new Jetta VI
      Did you go from being a person who stuck out from the rest of the crowd to a person who blends into the crowd?

AE1323 RET 1/18/2012

Vehicles
      97' MK3 GTI VR6
      01-19-2010 08:22 PM #312
      Quote, originally posted by MKV.RABBIT »
      The next Corrado.... I'm sold (Needs a spoiler tho..)

Modified by MKV.RABBIT at 6:53 AM 1-18-2010

NOW THAT SH!T IS FRESH!!

Great rendering job, whoever did it!!

Vehicles
      97' MK3 GTI VR6
      01-19-2010 08:25 PM #313
      Quote, originally posted by Doug T »
      This is a quick hack job at a smaller coupe that would fit the new family styling.

Vehicles
      '07 B6 Passat, '13 CC
      01-20-2010 08:04 AM #314
      ^I sincerely hope that people continue to argue with you. The world is safer with you attached to the internet.

15. 01-20-2010 08:40 AM #315
      wow you're so witty

16. 01-20-2010 09:14 AM #316
      cmon' volkswagen! its the baby of a bmw and an audi. if you wana bring a coupe into the world, atleast make it competitive enough to atleast give the koreans a run for their money! the new hyundei coupe looks better and dare i say run better? so what if its korean and your german. you germans ought to stop thinking that and start putting where your mouth is. im disappointed

Modified by ObsessedVWOwner at 6:29 AM 1-21-2010

17. 01-20-2010 09:28 AM #317
      Quote »
      cmon' volkswagen! its the baby of a bmw and an audi. if you wana bring a coupe into the world, atleast make it competitive enough to atleast give the koreans a run for their money! the new hyundei coupe looks better and dare i say run better? so what if its korean and your german. you germans ought to stop thinking that and start putting where your mouth is. im disappointed

VW has always been overpriced and under performing.. The MKV jetta is the only exception w/ it's 5cly 170hp engine for $~18-20k. It's like Nintendo, over priced and under performing as well but because of their clean image they outsell all other console manufacturers.
      I love how the VW site is always like "people want german performance w/o the german price tag" lololol a Passat costs almost as much as a BMW3 or A4 if equipped with similar options. In either case, the difference is negligible (10-15%). I'd say we're still paying a hefty price for the overinflated euro.
      german..american.... it's all made assembled by mexicans and designed by asians.
      anyway I also was hoping it would have a unique design like the current passat, rather than being a poor persons A4

18. 01-20-2010 10:37 AM #318
      the CC is a joke. For $33
      for $40 grand
      $33 grand for a 4 cylinder that does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds? hah! THe only thing worse VW pumped out recently other than the CC would be the Phaeton. Plus the CC's back end is hideous, actually the whole thing reeks
      Modified by Northsea Green MKV at 5:39 AM 1-20-2010

The way the sheet metal is bent and the price the dealer charges you are related by VW marketing. When we start talking about luxury features for the price VW is a good value for the most part. It is the basic cars that are difficult to make money on. VW charges more for basic cars and upgrades the interiors and handling because they can't compete at the bottom end on price in the US market. I have been driven in some very low end VWs that were made in China. The Us would not support VWs low low low end product. VW offers cars that have good handling and aspire to a higher level than average when they are doing it correctly.
      The upper end Phaeton is a great car for the price. I would not purchase one for myself because the parts are going to be expensive to replace. A friend I work with had two of them and loved both but did not want to keep them past the lease.
      The trouble with internet arguments is that many will change the direction of the conversation to keep the argument alive. If we want findings we need to structure the categories.
      At this point the main topic is the MK6 Jetta. We can see the style direction. I like it. VW marketing will set the price. If we think the price is worth it and the car fits our requirements some of us will pay to drive the car. That is how it works.

Modified by Doug T at 8:46 AM 1-20-2010
      TEAM DHE/FAST 76 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO 2X 08,9,10,12,13 & 14 regional champ.
      TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO 04 & 07 regional champ.
      1987 KARMANN 16V MK2 SILVER SCIROCCO
      Parts--> http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's

Vehicles
      '15 Jeep Cherokee, '10 JSW
      01-20-2010 05:20 PM #319
      Quote, originally posted by quailallstar »
      lol no silly.. Euro Delivery=EUROPE
      Mexican built Jettas are shipped to Germany for Europe so it's possible.
      Possible, but why would VW do it? Why would they build a car in Mexico, ship it to Germany, to deliver it to you, then ship it back to North America.

20. 01-20-2010 06:55 PM #320
      wow you're so witty

You just registered on this site recently and have only 18 posts to your name, most of which seem to serve the purpose of stirring the pot in this particular thread. Pardon the regulars here if it appears that you might be trolling.
      So, assuming you own a Mk5 Jetta, do you like the car at all? Or do you feel that all of the VW products are terrible? Reading your posts, I'm left confused as to your original purpose here...

Vehicles
      Jetta, E90 LCI
      01-20-2010 07:47 PM #321
      Ohhh! VWs going UPSCALE! I like the 4 door version. It's a very nice entry level budget sedan. Seriouslly this would make a great 2nd car. MUCH nicer and classier than the current Jetta. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Modified by jocamryn at 4:48 PM 1-20-2010
      FC Bayern München 2010: Deutscher Meister, DFB-Pokalsieger

5µ©ɮ 4 ∂1{l<

Vehicles
      Jetta, E90 LCI
      01-20-2010 07:49 PM #322
      Jetta "sportback" (a la the new A5)? That has potential
      Quote, originally posted by silverspeedbuggy &raquo;
      Very very nice.
      One quibble. Due to the slope of the rear window, the trunk opening on my MKV Jetta is terribly small. Is it too much to hope this is a hatchback in a notchback shape?

5µ©ɮ 4 ∂1{l<

Vehicles
      Jetta, E90 LCI
      01-20-2010 08:38 PM #323
      IN addition to the below post....
      Don't you think you could go to Germany for less(than the price of a car)?
      Besides I'm not sure that anything could match the experience that BMW offers at "Die Welt".
      Quote, originally posted by haunted reality &raquo;
      Possible, but why would VW do it? Why would they build a car in Mexico, ship it to Germany, to deliver it to you, then ship it back to North America.

Modified by jocamryn at 5:39 PM 1-20-2010

5µ©ɮ 4 ∂1{l<

24. 01-21-2010 08:56 AM #324
      The Jetta, Passat and Tiguan are the only cars I would ever consider buying from VW. Everything else is overpriced and under performing.
      The GTI/GLI/ are weak sports cars (beaten by Mazdaspeed3, Si (lulz), WRX, Sentra SE-R, Calibur SRT, Cobalt SS) and the R32 is a whopping $35g (which you can buy a REAL sports car with.. ie. 370z, G37, Genesis Coupe 3.8). The 200hp l4 CC is easily beaten by the Accord V6 and Altima SR 3.5 w/prem package(options like touch start, push button entry, Bixenon headlamps) for under $30g. VW doesn't know luxury status and probably never will. Lets talk about the $40g CC that actually boasts some performance. It too is trumped by other $40g cars in it's price range (IS350 AWD, M35 AWD, 335i xd, Genesis AWD, even Maxima) for a couple grand more.
      As for me, I think the Jetta MK5 is great. It's an awesome blend of luxury, performance, handling and value and style. Leatherette, Rims, 6 spd DSG and 5cyl 170 hp for under ~$20g but everything else is bordering sad and VW is trying to ride their wave of success without looking at the supreme offerings from their competition.
      As for the current jetta I was hoping it would have more VW aesthetic and less Audi.
      But if I could do it over I would obviously pay more and get a used G35.

Vehicles
      '07 B6 Passat, '13 CC
      01-21-2010 09:19 AM #325
      Quote, originally posted by Northsea Green MKV &raquo;
      I would obviously pay more and get a used G35.

Ahhhhhhh! Now it all makes sense. I don't think any of us need to argue with this guy anymore eh?

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast