VWVortex.com - What did you do today to your CC ?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    VWVortex


    Page 1128 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 1286281028107811181124112511261127112811291130 LastLast
    Results 28,176 to 28,200 of 28232

    Thread: What did you do today to your CC ?

    1. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2012
      Location
      Chiberia, IL
      Posts
      5,145
      Vehicles
      Audi A4'97--> Subie WRX'07 Stage 3+--> Murano--> VW GTi'11--> VW CC 2011 now
      01-08-2017 08:58 PM #28176
      True. Love Gen2 tails. Thats about it )


      Follow me on IG: stero1d_cc
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,DevilsOwn Stg 2,APR DSG,UNI DV Reloc Kit,Forge DV,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,Milltek TBE,BSH Torque Mnt, Rotiform LVS,TT-RS BBK,SHS Coils,25mm SPM FSB, Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Euro Autofold/Autodim Mirrors,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etcNexT: ???Suggestions???

    2. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 31st, 2015
      Location
      Poland, EU.
      Posts
      20
      Vehicles
      2010 CC 2.0TSI DSG Sport
      01-09-2017 11:20 AM #28177
      New front R-Line bumper




    3. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2014
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      250
      Vehicles
      012/VW/CC 2.0t pzev 6MT, stage 2 Carbanio intake, p3cars VIDI Guage, 3" CTS Turbo Back
      01-09-2017 12:06 PM #28178
      Quote Originally Posted by Kowal_ View Post
      New front R-Line bumper



      Very nice how much and from where
      Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
      True. Love Gen2 tails. Thats about it )


      Follow me on IG: stero1d_cc

      Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2014
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      250
      Vehicles
      012/VW/CC 2.0t pzev 6MT, stage 2 Carbanio intake, p3cars VIDI Guage, 3" CTS Turbo Back
      01-09-2017 12:09 PM #28179
      Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
      Started with this





      Thanks to Chris, Bo, and Miro for helping with this! 95% of the project to GO


      Follow me on IG: stero1d_cc
      I think the mix is kinda nice. The oem with the retro is cool

      Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

    5. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 31st, 2015
      Location
      Poland, EU.
      Posts
      20
      Vehicles
      2010 CC 2.0TSI DSG Sport
      01-09-2017 12:25 PM #28180
      Quote Originally Posted by VirgoPHD View Post
      Very nice how much and from where
      Bought about month ago, through site like ebay for ~200$.

    6. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2014
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      57
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC Sport
      01-10-2017 09:46 PM #28181
      evening all,

      was hoping to say i applied stage 2 Unitronic to the CC but got a problem. followed instructions to the letter and after tune she idle'd great. let her run for a bit then took a drive. was very nice for about 5 miles. then turned around and headed home and stood on it...... "blap! blap! blap!" went the motor and limped all the way home. vagcom indicated cylinder #2 misfire, random misfire.... did i just fry a coil? did a ECU reset, reverted back to stock but misfire remains. removed plug and it was clean. i ordered the red pack coils and plugs but there not here yet. thoughts?

      do i need to break out the tissues yet?

    7. Member
      Join Date
      May 11th, 2013
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      356
      Vehicles
      2013 cc 2.0t
      01-10-2017 09:55 PM #28182
      Installed new engine air filter, revision d diverter valve, and got my valves cleaned. They've never been cleaned before, and for 70k miles they didnt seem too bad. Even my friend was surprised at how "clean" they look for the mileage. However, I still feel a difference in low end power and smoother idle. Also, the diverter valve got rid of all my boost surges
      Last edited by AndreiMTM; 01-10-2017 at 09:58 PM.

    8. Junior Member Vapco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2016
      Location
      Murfreesboro, TN
      Posts
      44
      Vehicles
      07 GTI, XJ8L
      01-10-2017 10:36 PM #28183
      How much does it run typically to get your valves cleaned?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      So this guy has a henhouse.

    9. Member
      Join Date
      May 11th, 2013
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      356
      Vehicles
      2013 cc 2.0t
      01-11-2017 01:30 AM #28184
      Quote Originally Posted by Vapco View Post
      How much does it run typically to get your valves cleaned?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'm not sure. My friend is a tech at vw and he did them very cheap for me, but I forget how many hours a dealership charges


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    10. Member ace005's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 4th, 2009
      Location
      MoCo
      Posts
      968
      Vehicles
      LC6W JTI (RIP), LB9A CC
      01-11-2017 08:35 AM #28185
      Been MIA, sorry for late reply
      Quote Originally Posted by CarlosVWCC14 View Post
      Have the springs settled? Can you post a picture


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Pardon the dirty salty car, but this is how it currently sits


      Quote Originally Posted by high on psi View Post
      Where did you purchase the Koni orange struts from?

      And are the orange ones the ones Koni calls the STR.T?
      Yes they are the STR.T. i got them from tirerack for $360 shipped. They are meant for the mk6 gti
      I used to Vortex a lot, now I only do it socially.

    11. Member shortyjacobs's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 28th, 2005
      Location
      Twin Cities
      Posts
      798
      Vehicles
      2012 CC Sport, 2014 JSW TDI, (2004 GTI 1.8T - Sold)
      01-11-2017 08:43 AM #28186
      Quote Originally Posted by Vapco View Post
      How much does it run typically to get your valves cleaned?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      My dealer charges around $900.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2003
      Location
      Massachusetts
      Posts
      621
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-Line, 2008 Passat B6 2.0T
      01-11-2017 09:00 AM #28187
      Quote Originally Posted by shortyjacobs View Post
      My dealer charges around $900.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      $495 at my local shop


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    13. Junior Member Vapco's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2016
      Location
      Murfreesboro, TN
      Posts
      44
      Vehicles
      07 GTI, XJ8L
      01-11-2017 09:07 AM #28188
      I take it this is a fairly standard maintenance ticket for these cars or this engine? What mileage should it be done by? This is my first 2.0t so I'm still trying to find all the weak spots.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      So this guy has a henhouse.

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2003
      Location
      Massachusetts
      Posts
      621
      Vehicles
      2013 CC R-Line, 2008 Passat B6 2.0T
      01-11-2017 10:13 AM #28189
      I had to do mine just over 50k


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    15. Member
      Join Date
      May 11th, 2013
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      356
      Vehicles
      2013 cc 2.0t
      01-11-2017 10:26 AM #28190
      Quote Originally Posted by Vapco View Post
      I take it this is a fairly standard maintenance ticket for these cars or this engine? What mileage should it be done by? This is my first 2.0t so I'm still trying to find all the weak spots.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It depends. Some build up more carbon. I had mine done just because it was my last week working at the vw dealership and it was easier for my friend to do it while the car was already there. Cold start misfires and rougher idle are usually a sign of carbon build up. Also, lack of low end performance. Usually by around 60k most people get them cleaned


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2014
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      250
      Vehicles
      012/VW/CC 2.0t pzev 6MT, stage 2 Carbanio intake, p3cars VIDI Guage, 3" CTS Turbo Back
      01-11-2017 11:39 AM #28191
      Quote Originally Posted by mijofi4 View Post
      evening all,

      was hoping to say i applied stage 2 Unitronic to the CC but got a problem. followed instructions to the letter and after tune she idle'd great. let her run for a bit then took a drive. was very nice for about 5 miles. then turned around and headed home and stood on it...... "blap! blap! blap!" went the motor and limped all the way home. vagcom indicated cylinder #2 misfire, random misfire.... did i just fry a coil? did a ECU reset, reverted back to stock but misfire remains. removed plug and it was clean. i ordered the red pack coils and plugs but there not here yet. thoughts?

      do i need to break out the tissues yet?
      Misfires will be common, I have these all the time with but limp mode that's something different

      Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2014
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      57
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC Sport
      01-11-2017 11:42 AM #28192
      Quote Originally Posted by VirgoPHD View Post
      Misfires will be common, I have these all the time with but limp mode that's something different

      Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
      Well it was limping being down a cylinder but limp mode might have been wrong choice of words. Going to pick up a coil tonight untill the new ones arrive just for my own minds sake. Thanks for the input. Kinda scary moment initially though. Eish....

      Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 12th, 2014
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      250
      Vehicles
      012/VW/CC 2.0t pzev 6MT, stage 2 Carbanio intake, p3cars VIDI Guage, 3" CTS Turbo Back
      01-11-2017 11:59 AM #28193
      Try reseating the coil packs and make sure your plugs are tight enough or torqued properly. I have the R8s and I go this on a regular basis. If the connections aren't seated properly or plugs not in tight enough or gasped properly you get constant misfires

      Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

    19. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 1st, 2016
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      66
      Vehicles
      2013 CC Sport Plus
      01-11-2017 02:55 PM #28194
      Quote Originally Posted by AndreiMTM View Post
      It depends. Some build up more carbon. I had mine done just because it was my last week working at the vw dealership and it was easier for my friend to do it while the car was already there. Cold start misfires and rougher idle are usually a sign of carbon build up. Also, lack of low end performance. Usually by around 60k most people get them cleaned

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Agreed, and I'll add that reduced MPG's (when you're not on winter blended fuel) are also a sign.


      Quote Originally Posted by Vapco View Post
      I take it this is a fairly standard maintenance ticket for these cars or this engine? What mileage should it be done by? This is my first 2.0t so I'm still trying to find all the weak spots.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes, it is a routine maintenance for the TSI as well as many other direct injected motors. I agree with AndreiMTM and also think that 60k is the recommended service point but the amount of carbon buildup could depend on the quality of fuel as well as driving style. A catch can is a great way to help reduce what gets sent back into the intake manifold and stuck on the valves. Here's a link for some info on the weak points of this motor.
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ommon-Problems

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 8th, 2012
      Location
      Chiberia, IL
      Posts
      5,145
      Vehicles
      Audi A4'97--> Subie WRX'07 Stage 3+--> Murano--> VW GTi'11--> VW CC 2011 now
      01-11-2017 03:49 PM #28195
      Hardwired radar detector✌️


      Before

      After




      Follow me on IG: stero1d_cc
      Ko4 ClubCC: CTS AIS,BW Ko4,Neuspeed FMIC,DevilsOwn Stg 2,APR DSG,UNI DV Reloc Kit,Forge DV,CTS CCan,BSH Throttle,R8 Coils,R8 Oil Cap,Porsche Coolant Cap,Milltek TBE,BSH Torque Mnt, Rotiform LVS,TT-RS BBK,SHS Coils,25mm SPM FSB, Hotchkis 27mm RSB,Dectane Headlights,5K/3k Morimoto,RLine Tails,Flat MFSW/shifters,Fully LEDed,WT 27%,Euro Autofold/Autodim Mirrors,Alum Interior Accents/Vents&etcNexT: ???Suggestions???

    21. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Dec 10th, 2014
      Location
      Florida
      Posts
      57
      Vehicles
      2012 VW CC Sport
      01-11-2017 03:54 PM #28196
      Quote Originally Posted by Stero1D View Post
      Hardwired radar detector✌️


      Before

      After




      Follow me on IG: stero1d_cc
      That's a nice "radar detector"


      Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

    22. Member
      Join Date
      May 11th, 2013
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      356
      Vehicles
      2013 cc 2.0t
      01-12-2017 07:16 PM #28197


      My euro switch finally arrived. Tomorrow I have to install the new fog light bulbs as well. Really liking the euro switch so far, tail lights are on as well in this position which is pretty neat.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    23. 01-12-2017 07:23 PM #28198
      Quote Originally Posted by AndreiMTM View Post


      My euro switch finally arrived. Tomorrow I have to install the new fog light bulbs as well. Really liking the euro switch so far, tail lights are on as well in this position which is pretty neat.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Which fog lights did you get?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    24. Member
      Join Date
      May 11th, 2013
      Location
      Michigan
      Posts
      356
      Vehicles
      2013 cc 2.0t
      01-12-2017 08:56 PM #28199
      Quote Originally Posted by raleigharner View Post
      Which fog lights did you get?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I got the 6000k ziza bulbs off ecs so they match the head lights better when they are on. I'll post pictures tomorrow after install


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    25. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2015
      Posts
      17
      Vehicles
      2013 VW CC 6spd Manual Trans
      01-12-2017 09:46 PM #28200
      Quote Originally Posted by AndreiMTM View Post


      My euro switch finally arrived. Tomorrow I have to install the new fog light bulbs as well. Really liking the euro switch so far, tail lights are on as well in this position which is pretty neat.



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Was it plug n play or did you have change any of the codeing?

      Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 1128 of 1130 FirstFirst ... 1286281028107811181124112511261127112811291130 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •