01-30-2010 07:27 PM #76
      Quote, originally posted by dubman6 »
      i believe thats the parking sensor button

That is correct

2. Member
      01-31-2010 01:19 AM #77
      Quote, originally posted by JBCon »
      Interior, Euro R steering wheel

I'm not a steering wheel expert, but that looks more like a regular 3 spoke MFSW with the R36 badge. I don't want to clog this thread up with steering wheel pics, but in this thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4495897 Bleser has before and after pics and you can see the much more agressive shape of the R36 wheel. In a bit of a coincidence, I think Ollie was one of the early adapters of the R36 steering wheel. I am *NOT* e-stalking him
      Sometimes a majority only means that all the fools are on the same side.

Vehicles
      N/A
      01-31-2010 01:47 AM #78
      JBCon:
      How did you install that R emblem in the grill???
      I have the same emblem, but can't install it

Modified by DonCorleone at 10:48 PM 1-30-2010

4. 01-31-2010 09:28 AM #79
      Quote, originally posted by JBCon »

Sick!! Great shot. And thanks for posting up new photos of it. The Hi-Def front is just so freaking good looking compared to the cut-off shape of the stock bumper cover.
      The .:R badge in the grill and clear corners really compliment this look.
      It looks as though your side skirts "bow in" towards the center - do all Hi-Def skirts do this? Is it just an odd angle?

Modified by Bleser at 8:34 AM 1-31-2010

5. 01-31-2010 09:31 AM #80
      Quote, originally posted by DubberNix »
      I'm not a steering wheel expert, but that looks more like a regular 3 spoke MFSW with the R36 badge. I don't want to clog this thread up with steering wheel pics, but in this thread http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4495897 Bleser has before and after pics and you can see the much more agressive shape of the R36 wheel. In a bit of a coincidence, I think Ollie was one of the early adapters of the R36 steering wheel. I am *NOT* e-stalking him

Thanks for posting the link to the R36 wheel thread. Still the best mod I've ever done to any of my cars. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      However, I don't think JBCon was saying he had the R36 wheel/badge - he said "Euro R" so he probably just means the badge.

Vehicles
      former owner/2008/VW/Passat Sport/ VR6
      01-31-2010 11:20 AM #81
      I left the word badge out, so sue me!! Plus I said R, not R36. In euro through the Individual program, there is a stand alone R designation in addition to the regular R36

Man, that sounded angry, sorry about my tone. Anyway, you get my meaning

Modified by JBCon at 3:29 PM 1-31-2010
      life's biggest regret: selling my '08 VR6 Passat with Hi-Def so my wife could get a GLK, Stupid, is a stupid does!!

7. 02-01-2010 10:59 PM #82
      Did some Photoshopping of my own and changed the fog grills and then the grill to black. The grill didn't really turn out right but I think the bad exposure due to the flash and the change in paint finish makes this one difficult.
      Standard:

Black Fog Grills:

Black Fog Grills, darkened turn signal:

Black Grill too:

Modified by Bleser at 10:12 PM 2-2-2010

Vehicles
      Mk7 GTI
      02-01-2010 11:03 PM #83
      i say rock it all black but the fog grills and grill rock it flat/matte black! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

9. 02-02-2010 08:15 AM #84
      Quote, originally posted by dubman6 »
      i say rock it all black but the fog grills and grill rock it
      flat/matte black! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

You mean like this?

Vehicles
      2006 Passat 3.6 Lux Package
      02-03-2010 09:08 PM #85
      [QUOTE=JBCon]Here are some new (updated) photos for my black HD Passat. I call her the R3.6 and I needed to update the old pictures since it was stock before.
      Besides the basic interior mods, I have the Revo Tech Program worth 298bhp.
      QUOTE]
      How is the REVO update. Did you really notice the difference? Think of getting it done as the next upgrade.
      Thanks!

Vehicles
      Mk7 GTI
      02-03-2010 09:27 PM #86
      HOT DAMN! YES!

12. Member
      02-17-2010 02:39 PM #87
      I spotted another one this morning. It's the first Mocha I've seen.

Okay, so maybe I spotted it in my driveway

13. 02-17-2010 10:03 PM #88
      I spotted another one this morning. It's the first Mocha I've seen.

Okay, so maybe I spotted it in my driveway

Awesome! More pics! More angles! Especially from the side since it appears you have the stock side skirts...
      Did you install the bumper yourself? Was there anything in the instructions about parking sensor install? I have parking sensors and the dealer is telling me I have to DRILL HOLES myself to install them, which scares the crap out of me.

Vehicles
      '05 Honda S2000
      02-18-2010 01:00 AM #89
      Today I saw a Hi-Def Passat for the first time up close. It passed by me on US-19. The car was black and it looked gooood!
      '05 Honda S2000 Sebring Silver

'06 Passat 2.0T (SOLD)

Vehicles
      former owner/2008/VW/Passat Sport/ VR6
      02-18-2010 05:23 AM #90
      I do need to do more pictures anyway, but have been focused on other things. While I have had to remove the front bumper to install a remote radar detector, what you see is all stock and came that way from the dealer. I bought used, but recepts from previous owner indicate he bought the car like this.
      life's biggest regret: selling my '08 VR6 Passat with Hi-Def so my wife could get a GLK, Stupid, is a stupid does!!

16. Member
      02-18-2010 01:36 PM #91
      Quote, originally posted by Bleser »
      Awesome! More pics! More angles! Especially from the side since it appears you have the stock side skirts...
      Did you install the bumper yourself? Was there anything in the instructions about parking sensor install? I have parking sensors and the dealer is telling me I have to DRILL HOLES myself to install them, which scares the crap out of me.

Yeah, no skirts or rear yet. I did the install myself, and the instructions do say that you have to drill the holes for the parking sensors. It shows how big of a hole to drill and where it goes.
      Personally, I don't like it as much as I thought I would. The fog light grills just don't fit the look I want. I just wish the R36 bumper wasn't an arm and leg.

Modified by DubberNix at 10:37 AM 2-18-2010

17. 02-18-2010 04:16 PM #92
      Yeah, no skirts or rear yet. I did the install myself, and the instructions do say that you have to drill the holes for the parking sensors. It shows how big of a hole to drill and where it goes.
      Personally, I don't like it as much as I thought I would. The fog light grills just don't fit the look I want. I just wish the R36 bumper wasn't an arm and leg.

Modified by DubberNix at 10:37 AM 2-18-2010

You're the first I've heard to say they don't like the end result. You've got to admit it's a major upgrade from the "chopped chin" look of the stock fascia. Does it look unbalanced since you don't have the side skirts? Do you have any other shots? Side profile maybe?
      And for what it's worth, I think it looks sweet. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

18. Member
      02-18-2010 05:27 PM #93
      Well yeah it looks unbalanced without the sides or rear, but I'm not too worried about that yet. I agree that the overall shape of the bumper looks better. My beef is mainly with the grills. The two piece grills on the outsides seem thrown together since they're at different depths and the honeycomb is open in some places and filled in others. The honeycomb in the middle looks okay since it's uniform depth and all open, but it doesn't really go with the horizontal fins above it. If it had fins in the lower section like the R36 bumper, I'd like it better.

Has anyone seen pics of an R36 with fogs?

Vehicles
      N/A
      02-19-2010 12:39 AM #94
      Well, I wanted to wait to post pics of my car after I finish all the mods, but anyway here are the pics of the exterior only. The bumpers were repainted Oyster Gray (Audi) and did the sport springs from driver gear. I will post pics of the interior once I finish all the mods.
      Exterior mods pending: S5 lights black housings, ATE premium one slotted disc, 18" audi wheels (last pic), 18" Pirellis or Michelins.

The 18" wheels I want in my B6

Modified by DonCorleone at 2:54 PM 2-19-2010

20. 02-19-2010 03:35 PM #95
      Well yeah it looks unbalanced without the sides or rear, but I'm not too worried about that yet. I agree that the overall shape of the bumper looks better. My beef is mainly with the grills. The two piece grills on the outsides seem thrown together since they're at different depths and the honeycomb is open in some places and filled in others. The honeycomb in the middle looks okay since it's uniform depth and all open, but it doesn't really go with the horizontal fins above it. If it had fins in the lower section like the R36 bumper, I'd like it better.

Has anyone seen pics of an R36 with fogs?

I see. It's been a long time since I've seen one in person... however since my car is black and I'll have black fog grills I'm thinking this will be even less noticeable. I would think you could retro-fit R36 grills, but it would take quite a bit modification.

21. 02-19-2010 03:36 PM #96
      Quote, originally posted by DonCorleone »
      Well, I wanted to wait to post pics of my car after I finish all the mods, but anyway here are the pics of the exterior only. The bumbers were repainted Oyster Gray (Audi) and did the sport springs from driver gear. I will post pics of the interior once I finish all the mods.
      Exterior mods pending: S5 lights black housings, ATE premium one slotted disc, 18" audi wheels (last pic), 18" Pirellis or Michelins.

I like! Good custom color choice; goes well with the silver. And those wheels are going to look great! [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      11 Tig SE 2.0TSI | 10 Volvo C30T5
      02-19-2010 04:12 PM #97
      Don - TOP NOTCH! Those wheels will look killer on the car! Very cool!
      11 VW Tig SE 2.0TSI - Pano - Navi - AvantGarde M368 19x8.5 ET35 - Goodyear Eagle GT 245/45-19 - H&R Sport Springs - Black Housing Hellas - Blacked-out Grill - Smoked Sidemarkers - 30% Tint (side/rear) 20% Tint (Pano)
      10 Volvo C30T5 - R-Design Spoiler - Badgeless Grill - Moda MD7 18x8 - Yokohama YK520 235/40-18 - 35% Tint - Magnaflow - R-Design Steeringwheel

Vehicles
      N/A
      02-19-2010 07:26 PM #98
      I have a couple of questions about the wheels. USA rim is the dealer that offers this set of wheels. They told me that in order for this wheels to fit my car, they have to be 10mm out
      How are the wheels going to look???
      Will the wheels affect steering, handling and will the tire hit the fender in bumps or dips???

24. 02-20-2010 08:48 AM #99
      Quote, originally posted by DonCorleone »
      I have a couple of questions about the wheels. USA rim is the dealer that offers this set of wheels. They told me that in order for this wheels to fit my car, they have to be 10mm out
      How are the wheels going to look???
      Will the wheels affect steering, handling and will the tire hit the fender in bumps or dips???

Well, according to their site they say they are 18x8", which, so far, is exact specs to the 18x8" Samarkand. What you need to know is the offset, which they just say "varies". Stock Samarkands are ET44mm, so you would want that or less. Since you're a tad low up to about an ET35 would work and look great. If their offset is ET50 or something then yes, you'll need 10mm spacers.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      '08 Passat 6mt Hi Def
      02-20-2010 10:03 AM #100
      Don, out of curiousity how much did you pay for the repainting? I am thinking of doing this myself.
      MY Hi-Def B6: view here

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast