VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Verdict Motorsports VR6 Coil Pack Spacer

38K views 144 replies 43 participants last post by  Phil@VerdictMotorsports 
#1 · (Edited)

Let me be the first to present a solution to protecting and prolonging the life of your factory OBD1 or OBD2 coil pack.

During testing we observed a temperature decrease of 62 degrees Fahrenheit between the timing chain cover and the mating surface of the coil pack!

Tired of replacing expensive coil packs? Want to prolong the life of your current coil pack? Our VR6 coil pack insulator is designed to do just that. Machined from micarta, this unit will drastically reduce heat transfer from the timing chain cover. Our kit comes complete with micarta insulator and black oxide or stainless steel hardware.

Compatible with OBD1 and OBD2 coil pack 12v VR6 engines.

To place your order or for additional info: Click Here

See less See more
#104 ·
nice....
I also have been using home made washers out of phenolic material to slow heat transfer and add more of an air gap...maybe an entire heat sheild would be better?
I was thinking along the same line, couldn't we just use four bolts to space it from sitting flush? Bolts are not as pretty and I grinded my coil pack's aluminum case to make space for the ford coil pack.

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.