VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Longbeach thread.

506K views 2K replies 552 participants last post by  dubkidzz 
#1 ·
this is strickly a longbeach wheel thread.

so show them.

Modified by pfhunt44 at 4:49 PM 2-12-2010

See less See more
#1,638 · (Edited)
They just polished and sealed .... this takes round about 2 hours per wheel. :thumbup:

Here is a quick how-to:

Frist of all you have to clean your wheels as good as possible (I've done this already before winter):

The wheel cleaner doesn't remove hard soilings:

So I started with "Valetpro Citrus Tar & Glue Remover" (spray on and let it work for 3 minutes or so):

Well, tar remover isn't effective on heavy road grime + iron particles, so I used "Carpro Iron X":

After drying I started to clay:

This removed all remaining spots and the set is now ready to polish (I polished by hand with Meguiars Ultimate Compound):

And finaly I prepared the surface with Chemical Guys Vertua Bond and sealed them with 3 layers Finish Kare 1000P. All in all 2 full days of work, but your wheels shine like brand new. :wave:

#1,647 ·
I finally get to add!! Lots of adjusting to do since I just installed the ultimos on Wednesday. 10mm spacer up front so far and all tires are 225/45 so a slight tire rub up front on harsh bumps. Waiting for 20mm for the rear since the 15 mm apparently required grinding of the rear hub (?) ANYWAYS here it is

This post has been deleted
#1,679 ·
So, has anyone ever ran a 30mm in the rear?

I wen't back into the thread a bit and the biggest I saw were 25s. Want to get either 25s or 30s for the rear and throw the 20s up front.
I've toyed with the idea of getting mine sent off to have the rears widened so I could push the rears out more. Im running 20mm now, but hate looking at the rear and seeing those skinny ass wheels spaced out so far. I could only imagine that 30mm would almost just be to much on a 7" wide wheel. But from the side Im sure it would look good. In for pics if you do it! :popcorn:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.