Thread: GA: Athens VW Club, Water Cooled Division

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-09-2010 10:25 PM #36
      Quote, originally posted by automan89 »
      why warn them. i dont drink that much.

Not yet.

Quote, originally posted by OverdriveGear »
      You guys are sound pretty cool; can't wait to hang out with some VW lunatics. Be looking for the white Westy Golf at Locos

We are equal parts lunatic and cool around here. You have to be to drive what we do.

LOVED the VW Punch Dub commercial during the Super Bowl. The part with Stevie Wonder was inspired.

Looking to get a good turnout for this GTG so everyone bring a friend.

Mav.

Page 2 is MINE!!!!

Korean tires on Italian wheels with a Scottish driver of a German car made in Mexico. It's like a Benetton ad.

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-09-2010 11:32 PM #37
      Quote, originally posted by VW Maverick »

Not yet.

ah, i see what you did there
      Detailed Image Atlanta/Instagram @brantheman89/
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.

Also, not to sound like a turd, but just mute it when I talk or something...the next 8 shows are really fun. But again, I think you might hate fun...oh well, try it any way.

Vehicles
      89markII GTI 16V, markIV 03 revoed/lowered/ boosted and loud
      02-10-2010 08:34 PM #38
      you guys will hear me before you see me !!.. its looking like a good turn out..
      my tastes are simple / german cars / swiss watches / and well rounded american ladies

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-11-2010 10:17 AM #39
      Quote, originally posted by russellt »
      you guys will hear me before you see me !!

EWWW. Maybe you should cut back on the Mexican food.

Bump.

Mav.

Korean tires on Italian wheels with a Scottish driver of a German car made in Mexico. It's like a Benetton ad.

Vehicles
      Mad tyte JDM '84 Mazda minitruck hellaflush dorifto poke and stretch pro-touring euro edition.
      02-11-2010 11:23 AM #40

Anybody want to do a PAP run this upcoming weekend? There are a couple of Fords I want to look at there, they have a couple of Foxes, MkII's and III's and Passats as well. Its supposed to be a balmy 47 degrees.
      VW's are proof of miracles. Most of the cars on the Vortex leave a double rainbow behind in the parking spot.

Sent from my crappy desktop PC using Windows 95 and pirated Wi-Fi .

6. 02-11-2010 03:14 PM #41
      Quote, originally posted by Neon Washer Nozzle »

Anybody want to do a PAP run this upcoming weekend? There are a couple of Fords I want to look at there, they have a couple of Foxes, MkII's and III's and Passats as well. Its supposed to be a balmy 47 degrees.

Went to the Doc this morning and got a Huge Bag of Med's If they work as well as he said they would I should be down for a PAP run. Hopefully they still have some parts left on that 5spd Fox I saw last Time

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta SEL, 2002 Jetta GLS, 1990 Golf GL, 1995 300zxTT, 2011 Ruckus
      02-11-2010 04:30 PM #42

What day, I need to pick some parts for some of my cars. As long its not this weekend I should be able to go.

Vehicles
      Mad tyte JDM '84 Mazda minitruck hellaflush dorifto poke and stretch pro-touring euro edition.
      02-11-2010 04:35 PM #43

I was thinking of this Saturday, actually. The tech-day at Mav's is next weekend.
      VW's are proof of miracles. Most of the cars on the Vortex leave a double rainbow behind in the parking spot.

Vehicles
      1987 Cabriolet diesel, 1985 Golf 1.6 diesel
      02-11-2010 04:38 PM #44
      Which PAP do y'all usually go to? I'm kinda partial to the one in Lithonia but it just depends on which one gets a cabby! Cheers
      1987 Cabriolet 1.6 NA diesel w/ Giles pump
      1985 Golf 1.6 NA (Westy)

Vehicles
      02-11-2010 04:45 PM #45

I like the South one down by the Airport myself, its the only one that has the classic American cars so its the only one I go to most of the time. The ones in Norcross or Lithonia are probably closer/more convenient to Athens, but the South location has the best selection of all makes/models.

Vehicles
      02-11-2010 05:38 PM #46
      well well .. we might get snow
      my tastes are simple / german cars / swiss watches / and well rounded american ladies

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-11-2010 06:02 PM #47

I like the South one down by the Airport myself, its the only one that has the classic American cars so its the only one I go to most of the time. The ones in Norcross or Lithonia are probably closer/more convenient to Athens, but the South location has the best selection of all makes/models.

this is true, theres everything there. i hate going to PAP, i want to take atleast 5 cars home everythime i go

Also, not to sound like a turd, but just mute it when I talk or something...the next 8 shows are really fun. But again, I think you might hate fun...oh well, try it any way.

Vehicles
      02-11-2010 07:29 PM #48

I was thinking of this Saturday, actually. The tech-day at Mav's is next weekend.

Count me out, I'll be with the girl all weekend.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-11-2010 09:05 PM #49
      Quote, originally posted by 1.8tblue4door »
      Count me out, I'll be with the girl all weekend.

Just re-inflate her when you get back home.

Mav.

15. 02-11-2010 09:59 PM #50
      Neon- The drugs I got from the Doc are working wonders I feel so much better already, Im 99% sure ill be good to go if you decide to make a PAP run

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-11-2010 10:15 PM #51

Mav.

Vehicles
      02-11-2010 11:15 PM #52

I think you misunderstood me, I am spending the weekend opening cheap pool floats for the repair kits to fix her once more. The previous repair attempts with duct tape have proven to be quite irritating.

Mav.

Modified by 1.8tblue4door at 11:16 PM 2-11-2010

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-12-2010 11:27 AM #53
      Quote, originally posted by 1.8tblue4door »
      The previous repair attempts with duct tape have proven to be quite irritating.

That depends on exactly where you had the duct tape. Some talc could help with that irritation.

Snow day bump.

Mav.

Vehicles
      02-12-2010 12:18 PM #54

I'm not quite sure about tomorrow, and how Atlanta will be impacted with the snow. But at long as the snow isn't too bad and PAP is still open, I should still be able to go. Maybe we can also stop at Harbor Freight Tools since its on the way.

What time would you want to leave?

20. 02-12-2010 02:20 PM #55
      it's official, I'm stg 2 now.

21. 02-12-2010 03:12 PM #56
      Neon- Im willing to go if you are. As far as what time to leave? my schedule is open all day as long as Im back by 730 I see no problems.

Harbor Freight is a Definate I could use a few things I can't wait till the one in Athens opens

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-12-2010 04:43 PM #57
      Quote, originally posted by dogginfox »
      Harbor Freight is a Definate I could use a few things I can't wait till the one in Athens opens

When and where is that gonna be???

Mav.

Vehicles
      02-12-2010 06:42 PM #58
      i think i remember seeing it under construction on epps bridge road by five guys , where ashley furniture is adjacent to home depot

24. 02-12-2010 08:18 PM #59
      Yep Across from Lowes, To the right of barbarittos. Not sure when its going to open but I already sent the main office my resume so maybe ill get a job there

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-12-2010 10:27 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by dogginfox »
      Yep Across from Lowes, To the right of barbarittos. Not sure when its going to open.

VERY COOL!!!!
      Can't wait. They got great stuff.

Snowy evening bump.

Mav.

Vehicles
      02-12-2010 11:04 PM #61

Not sure about tomorrow, the snow looks pretty bad tonight. I definitely wasn't expecting this much. PM me with your phone number, or text me sometime early tomorrow morning at 706-351-4409.

I guess it all depends on how the roads look in the morning and whether or not PAP will be open. I expect Cedar Shoals and the major roads will be passable if it quits snowing soon

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-12-2010 11:26 PM #62

Not sure about tomorrow, the snow looks pretty bad tonight. I definitely wasn't expecting this much. PM me with your phone number, or text me sometime early tomorrow morning at 706-351-4409.

I guess it all depends on how the roads look in the morning and whether or not PAP will be open. I expect Cedar Shoals and the major roads will be passable if it quits snowing soon

i can text u when i get up to let u know how the weather is down here, since i am about 20mi from it

Vehicles
      02-12-2010 11:57 PM #63
      Cool man

I just scraped the snow off my truck and turned it around (so I don't have to back out of the driveway). I learned that lesson when it snowed last year. I should have thought to get a bag of kitty litter to spread around under my wheels too

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-13-2010 12:03 AM #64
      the mustang has a sheet of snow on top of the car cover, so iv got it covered. what time do u usually get up? im a late sleeper.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-13-2010 08:41 PM #65
      So did anyone go to PAP today?

As for me, I replaced my pollen/cabin filter, washer reservoir and the speedometer cable today.
      Going to change the oil tomorrow.

Getting a clutch on Tuesday.

Still planning on the Tech Day at my place next Sunday, the 21st.

Mav.

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-13-2010 09:03 PM #66
      doh! sorry eric, i totally forgot to text u when i got up!

Vehicles
      02-14-2010 07:41 AM #67

Its cool about the text, the roads were fine yesterday and PAP was open.

Zach had the transmission hanging by one last bolt that didn't want to come out yesterday, so we had to leave before we got the transmission out. We're going back today.

Vehicles
      02-14-2010 03:13 PM #68
      i hate every single one of you , just thought i would share

34. 02-14-2010 08:42 PM #69
      Eric and I went to back to PAP today. Stopped at harbor freight on the way home last night and picked up a punch set, Used said punch set and dislodged the stubborn bolt and Im now happy to say the fox will now be sporting a PSA 5 Spd Trans! Picked up the shift linkage and tower as well. Now all Im missing is an engine hoist, to get this project back on the road

Vehicles
      02-15-2010 07:04 AM #70
      Quote, originally posted by russellt »
      i hate every single one of you , just thought i would share

You'll hate me even more when you find out what I got from pull-a-part. But I'm not telling yet because I have to go get the rest of it this Saturday.

Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast