VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

GA: Athens VW Club, Water Cooled Division

393K views 7K replies 133 participants last post by  the_toad 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well it has been awhile and as we are slowly starting to emerge from our winter cocoon, it is time for a little GTG.
Everyone is welcome, of course. The more, the merrier.
Nothing but a meet, greet and eat.
Address:
2020 Timothy Rd.
Athens, GA 30606
http://www.locosgrill.com/loca...tside
If you don't know it, map it.
See you there.Mav.

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: (MichelleRoze)

Quote, originally posted by MichelleRoze »
I don't believe I have anything planned that weekend. Time will tell. So, count me in, and I'll see if Matt will bring his new Passat Wagon as well.

Very cool. As stated, everyone is welcome.
Nothing but a thing to do.
IMs sent out to others to let them know.
Mav.

#6 ·
Re: (baker001)

Quote, originally posted by baker001 »
I'm bringing a can of "cool beans".

We are going to re-enact the famous 'round the campfire' scene from "Blazing Saddles." Michelle will be the loudest one.

Bump back up.
Post a reply, even if you can't make it.
Mav.

#8 ·
Re: (VW Maverick)

I might be there, but given that the weather is finally warming up enough to work on projects and that I finally have enough money to finish my suspension... who can say for sure.
I think I caught a glimpse of the Mav-mobile on Barnett Shoals Monday afternoon. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#9 ·
Re: (Neon Washer Nozzle)

Quote, originally posted by Neon Washer Nozzle »
I think I caught a glimpse of the Mav-mobile on Barnett Shoals Monday afternoon. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Must have been an imposter. I was at work in Norcross at that time.
I have 20 witnesses, your honor.
Bump.
Mav.

#10 ·
Re: GA: Athens GTG - Saturday March 6th - 2pm - Loco's on Timothy Rd (VW Maverick)

Anyone going to be at the PAP North on Sat? I started to go this morning to snag a transmission but it started raining when I was half way there, Ill be there on saturday if anyone has no plans I could probably use an extra pair of hands

#11 ·
Re: GA: Athens GTG - Saturday March 6th - 2pm - Loco's on Timothy Rd (dogginfox)

There are a couple junk yards up on US 441 almost to Commerce. I'm not sure if they are of the 'pull a part' variety or if they even have VWs there, but they certainly have a bunch of stuff. I'm always looking for ways to not drive from Athens to Duluth. I can't stand 316...

#12 ·
Re: GA: Athens GTG - Saturday March 6th - 2pm - Loco's on Timothy Rd (OverdriveGear)

Quote, originally posted by OverdriveGear »
There are a couple junk yards up on US 441 almost to Commerce. I'm not sure if they are of the 'pull a part' variety or if they even have VWs there, but they certainly have a bunch of stuff. I'm always looking for ways to not drive from Athens to Duluth. I can't stand 316...

Good info.
Will you be joining us for this GTG?
Mav.

#14 ·
Re: GA: Athens GTG - Saturday March 6th - 2pm - Loco's on Timothy Rd (OverdriveGear)

i am in there for this one ..football season will be over by then.. i'll be in the markIV..looking forward to it actually

#15 ·

Quote, originally posted by OverdriveGear »
Sure, I'll come chill with the Athens crowd.

Cool. Love to see you there.
Quote, originally posted by russellt »
i am in there for this one ..football season will be over by then.. i'll be in the markIV..looking forward to it actually

Football season is over tomorrow with the Colts winning.

Glad you will be there too.

Anybody and everybody is welcome.

We know you got nothing better to do.

Mav.

#18 ·
Re: FV-QR (sin bar)

WHO DAT NATION SON!!!!11!!
If I can ever get fully awake I'm gonna go tinker with the carb setup on the truck. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#20 ·
Re: FV-QR (russellt)

Quote, originally posted by russellt »
who dat say who dat say who dat bumpin this thread..

With that unintelligible ramble, I assume you are for the Saints in the big game.
I am pulling for the Colts as I am an AFC guy, but as long as it is a good game, either is OK with me.
Mav.

#21 ·
Re: FV-QR (VW Maverick)

Quote, originally posted by VW Maverick »
I am pulling for the Colts as I am an AFC guy, but as long as it is a good game, either is OK with me.

It turned out to be a good game and congrats to the Saints.
One less team who had never won the big game.
Sad that football season is over bump.

Mav.

#22 ·
Re: FV-QR (VW Maverick)

If we ever start doing tech days again, that would be awesome. I am planning on replacing the oil pump, timing chains, and rocker arm assembly on my truck sometime soon. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

#24 ·
Re: FV-QR (baker001)

I need to install my down pipe this weekend, how about a emergency tech day to help a brotha in need? I have the tools, just need a garage and extra hands.

As this Saturday and Sunday is Valentine's Day weekend, I would say that would not be a good idea for us married folks.
Let's do a Tech Day at my place on Sunday, Feb 21st starting around noon. Garage and extra hands will be available.
Mav.

#26 ·
Re: FV-QR (baker001)

I need to install my down pipe this weekend, how about a emergency tech day to help a brotha in need? I have the tools, just need a garage and extra hands.
I throw in some labor for you if you need.I should be able to make it to the meet, but i might not be in the Jetta.

Modified by 1.8tblue4door at 5:17 PM 2-8-2010

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.