Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: GA: Athens VW Club, Water Cooled Division

Vehicles
      Mad tyte JDM '84 Mazda minitruck hellaflush dorifto poke and stretch pro-touring euro edition.
      02-19-2010 06:02 PM #106

Can everybody do 10am at Homewood Hills tomorrow?
      VW's are proof of miracles. Most of the cars on the Vortex leave a double rainbow behind in the parking spot.

Sent from my crappy desktop PC using Windows 95 and pirated Wi-Fi .

Vehicles
      2011 Jetta SEL, 2002 Jetta GLS, 1990 Golf GL, 1995 300zxTT, 2011 Ruckus
      02-19-2010 08:00 PM #107
      I'll be there

3. 02-19-2010 11:29 PM #108
      I will not be able to make it, I am in North Carolina visiting my dad this weekend, He pays the Bills so I have to put in some face time.
      I hope this does not cause any inconvieniences.

Neon, If you see a nice looking Digi Head like the one on the Fox we got the Trans from and you feel like pulling it, Ill bring you some cash on Sunday when I get back in town, I just need the Head and cover I guess, Not the cam as I will be upgrading that.

Again I hope my absence does not cause any problems as this was a last min decision that I had no control over, Even got a speeding Ticket on the way up here there goes 102 bucks that could have been spent on the FOX.

Hope you guys fun at PAP and come home with some real treasures

Vehicles
      Mad tyte JDM '84 Mazda minitruck hellaflush dorifto poke and stretch pro-touring euro edition.
      02-20-2010 12:57 AM #109

10 it is then

I'll be parked in front of Vision Video, toward the back of the lot. Red '84 Mazda truck

VW's are proof of miracles. Most of the cars on the Vortex leave a double rainbow behind in the parking spot.

Vehicles
      2002 TDI New Beetle w/ 5 speed swap
      02-20-2010 01:25 PM #110
      sorry didn't make it. it was a late night last night and well waking up wasn't as easy as I had hoped. lol That's ok though. Hope everyone had fun!
      Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with you...

Vehicles
      15 FiST
      02-20-2010 05:06 PM #111
      How long would it take to get to "The Tail of the Dragon" from Athens? Is it worth the drive(fun)?

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-20-2010 06:30 PM #112
      Quote, originally posted by baker001 »
      How long would it take to get to "The Tail of the Dragon" from Athens?

About an hour and a half to get there, maybe less.

Is it worth the drive(fun)?

YES!!!!
      Your face will look like when it you are done.

Mav.

Korean tires on Italian wheels with a Scottish driver of a German car made in Mexico. It's like a Benetton ad.

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-20-2010 06:36 PM #113
      Quote, originally posted by VW Maverick »

YES!!!!
      Your face will look like when it you are done.

Mav.

this. dragons tail is always a good time. last time i went we witness a s2000 bite the dust rite in front of us. we put the video on you tube. the guy was an idiot.
      Detailed Image Atlanta/Instagram @brantheman89/
      Quote Originally Posted by Rutledge View Post
      Well, then, I'm here to "ruin" the vortex for you. I'm sorry you hate fun.

Also, not to sound like a turd, but just mute it when I talk or something...the next 8 shows are really fun. But again, I think you might hate fun...oh well, try it any way.

Vehicles
      94 Jetta GLS
      02-20-2010 08:09 PM #114
      I'll probably be there with my P.O.S.
      __________STANCEWORKS__________
      i got 99 problem but my stance ain't one

Vehicles
      02-20-2010 08:23 PM #115

Productive day at the junkyard. I got a windshield fro the Falcon, and the remaining pieces of the Cabby clipper kit.

Now all thats left to do is build something like this with it... minus the trailer wheels and hood pins, lol

Vehicles
      02-20-2010 09:56 PM #116
      How long would it take to get to "The Tail of the Dragon" from Athens? Is it worth the drive(fun)?

DO IT!!!

It is very fun.
      let me know and i'll ride.

Modified by 1.8tblue4door at 11:07 PM 2-20-2010

Vehicles
      15 FiST
      02-21-2010 04:15 AM #117
      How about next Sunday (FEB 28TH)?

Modified by baker001 at 1:45 AM 2-21-2010

Vehicles
      02-21-2010 12:16 PM #118
      Quote, originally posted by VW Maverick »
      This Sunday's Tech Day is now 50/50. Wife and child are not feeling well and I may need to take care of them.

Tech day still happening today?

14. 02-21-2010 02:17 PM #119
      Neon- Ill be headed back to town in a couple of hours, if your still willing to let me borrow the correct bit for removing the head bolts let me know, id like to come pick it up at some point today and head up to PAP on monday when I get out of my morning class.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-21-2010 10:58 PM #120
      Quote, originally posted by Neon Washer Nozzle »
      Tech day still happening today?

Sorry it did not come together today. The universe conspired against us.

You can call my cell anytime: 678-521-9496
      That goes for anyone else.
      You can text me also.

Mav.

Modified by VW Maverick at 10:47 PM 2-22-2010

Korean tires on Italian wheels with a Scottish driver of a German car made in Mexico. It's like a Benetton ad.

Vehicles
      02-21-2010 11:42 PM #121

Zach

Sorry I didn't get to reply to you earlier, I was watching the US hockey team hand Canada their "bacon" (and then tell Canada that their bacon is really just ham).

I'll take the tool with me to work, and you can meet me at the UGA library to pick it up. Just send me a text a few minutes ahead of time and I'll come meet you by the steps. I'll be at work from 8:15 until 6

I really wish I could go too, but given the furlough situation and the fact that I need to save vacation days for this summer, I won't be able to make it.

Vehicles
      15 FiST
      02-22-2010 01:36 AM #122
      Thomas and I are going to cruise up to "Tail of the Dragon" this upcoming sunday, anybody else want to join the caravan? We will be leaving sunday at 0930 from Homewood Hills.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-22-2010 07:58 PM #123
      Thomas and I are going to cruise up to "Tail of the Dragon" this upcoming sunday, anybody else want to join the caravan? We will be leaving sunday at 0930 from Homewood Hills.

I would love to, but as this Sunday is my wife's B-Day and I think I should be around for that.

Bump.

Mav.

19. 02-23-2010 03:43 AM #124
      Picked up a Digi Head today at PAP, had a very interesting conversation with one of the Latino men about Entering and exiting the country and avoiding the not so long arm of the law. I did not find the rear disc brake setup I was looking for. Guess Ill just have to keep going back

Looks like ill be degreasing and pressure washing everything I can reach tomorrow and quite possibly droping the "new" head off at carrols to have it Hot tanked and tested before I move on.

Still looking for an engine hoist to borrow and a Valve Spring compressor.

Eric- Thanks for the heads up on the triple square drives at autozone! Its so much nicer to work on things when you have the right tool. I also picked up a 30mm Axle socket so I can swap out the axles at some point

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-23-2010 03:57 AM #125
      Quote, originally posted by dogginfox »

Its so much nicer to work on things when you have the right tool.

i concur

Also, not to sound like a turd, but just mute it when I talk or something...the next 8 shows are really fun. But again, I think you might hate fun...oh well, try it any way.

Vehicles
      02-23-2010 09:37 AM #126

Still looking for an engine hoist to borrow and a Valve Spring compressor.

Eric- Thanks for the heads up on the triple square drives at autozone! Its so much nicer to work on things when you have the right tool. I also picked up a 30mm Axle socket so I can swap out the axles at some point

Did you get the German Digi head? Its the one with the 40mm intake valves. It will say "WVO" and "Germany" on the front near the water neck.

I saw a valve spring compressor at Re-Tool that looked like it might work. I've been thinking about making a DIY valvespring compressor,

Some'n like this, maybe

edit: heres one for $60

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...66664

Modified by Neon Washer Nozzle at 8:42 AM 2-23-2010

22. 02-23-2010 02:30 PM #127
      Just had a visit from the not so friendly ACC Code Enforcement Lady.

Apparently in Clarke County it is Illegal to have a car without an engine on your property, even if it is parked in the driveway out of sight unless you look straight down the driveway! It is also illegal to have a motorcycle (scooter) on your property without a valid tag! Scooters dont even need tags in GA!!!!!! I have 30 Days to rectify the situation or face a judge and up to 6 months in JAIL??????

I can not believe this!

Eric.- I am headed to Re-tool now to check out that compressor, Looks like I have a time limit to finish this project, Just wish I had the money!

I suddenly feel like im down to the last day on an episode of Overhaulin

Vehicles
      02-23-2010 02:52 PM #128

I can come over and assist tonight if that would help.We should be able to whoop up something using parts and materials from Tractor Supply.

All this style of compressor uses is box tubing, flat stock, and bolts.

Do you have a drill? I can borrow one from my roommate if needed.

Vehicles
      02-23-2010 03:19 PM #129
      Just had a visit from the not so friendly ACC Code Enforcement Lady.

Apparently in Clarke County it is Illegal to have a car without an engine on your property, even if it is parked in the driveway out of sight unless you look straight down the driveway! It is also illegal to have a motorcycle (scooter) on your property without a valid tag! Scooters dont even need tags in GA!!!!!! I have 30 Days to rectify the situation or face a judge and up to 6 months in JAIL??????

The part they don't tell you is that someone(a neighbor, roommate, disgruntled ex, or just some *****) has to complain for code enforcement to to come out. They can also impound/tow your rightfully owned car/bike/scooter with out prior notice. It is just one more example of how the ACC government has invaded our property rights so they can fine you for going about you private life.

I think is funny how much control the community has given AAC government and it has had no positive impact on the community. Yet has a positive effect on the governments funding by making it harder on the citizens.

Modified by 1.8tblue4door at 2:22 PM 2-23-2010

Vehicles
      02-23-2010 04:25 PM #130
      Quote, originally posted by 1.8tblue4door »

I think is funny how much control the community has given ACC government and it has had no positive impact on the community.

There are other crazy laws like businesses can't have parking out front anymore. Thats why the Publix shopping center on the East Side is so Fubar, they built it around the law.

I can see where they are coming from in that they don't want more strip malls, but a lot of new businesses are hurting because of it. The guy who has the climbing gym on Barber st. had to re-****ulate his parking lot, which was already there when he bought the building.

I'm not sure who I'm gonna vote for in the mayoral race. The way the field is stacking up I wouldn't be surprised if Gary Coleman runs.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-23-2010 11:31 PM #131
      Bump.

Mav.

27. 02-23-2010 11:52 PM #132
      Good news!!!! I went to Tractor Supply and picked up a few parts and Built a Valve Spring Compressor, Its not pretty but it works, If anyone ever needs to borrow it Just shoot me a Message.

Picked Eric up Downtown and we got the Head stripped down to just the manifold studs, Im going to break out the dremel and de-burr a few spots before I hand it over to Carroll's to hot tank, pressure test, and deck it for me,

Ill be pulling the head off the ABA tomorrow between classes and if the valves are good, i should be able to reuse them and have 7mm Valve stems in a Digi Head on an ABA block in a Fox!!!!!

Also for anyone going to the Tail of the Dragon this weekend, Watch out for Cops, they are EVERYWHERE up there and since the weather has been so nice and warm i am sure the bikers are out in HUGE numbers on the weekends and the Cops will be there to watch over (Bust) anyone having too much fun. And be sure to get a card from the photographers on the side of the road if they are there, you can go on their websites and look at/order pictures that they take of you going around the curves. Its pretty awesome

Vehicles
      15 FiST
      02-24-2010 08:30 AM #133
      Thanks for the info man. My wife would kill me if I got a ticket.

29. 02-24-2010 08:54 PM #134
      No Problem, I have been up there and seen 15-20 local and state police cars parked in the general store/ gas station parking lot at the begining of the "Run" before!

Found an Engine Hoist! A friend of mines brother is going to let me borrow his for a few days AND deliver it to my house! My Motor mounts better get here soon!

Vehicles
      89markII GTI 16V, markIV 03 revoed/lowered/ boosted and loud
      02-24-2010 10:05 PM #135
      dang fox sounds like you just got hasseled by the man .. or a woman that looks like a man in ACC. garb.... if your nieghbor called enforcement on you .. cut off their cats head and put in their mail box with a note in its mouth that says back off
      my tastes are simple / german cars / swiss watches / and well rounded american ladies

Vehicles
      04 Jetta, 66 Mustang
      02-24-2010 10:16 PM #136
      im glad i dont live next to Russel. long time no see!

32. 02-24-2010 10:27 PM #137
      Quote, originally posted by russellt »
      cut off their cats head and put in their mail box with a note in its mouth that says back off

How did you know my neighbors had cats

I know it was not my immediate neighbors as the old lady on one side got a ticket for not having house numbers on her house! and the family to the other side got a warning for driving in their front yard!( Code enforcement lady said she saw tire tracks in the yard!) I just think she got left by her husband or lesbian lover and wants everyone in her jursdiction to feel as miserable as she does. A guy 3 blocks over got a warning for keeping his boat on the side of his house! I just dont understand.

Vehicles
      02-24-2010 10:36 PM #138
      Quote, originally posted by russellt »
      = .. cut off their cats head and put in their mail box with a note in its mouth that says back off

I second the motion. But, can we work some fireworks in.

Vehicles
      92 Jetta GTX
      02-24-2010 11:35 PM #139
      Found an Engine Hoist! A friend of mines brother is going to let me borrow his for a few days AND deliver it to my house! My Motor mounts better get here soon!

Are you going to have it ready by this coming GTG next Saturday???

Mav.

35. 02-24-2010 11:44 PM #140
      I would Love to work some fireworks in, I have a Trunk of them under my bed waiting to be used

There is a Slight possibility that It will be up and running by the GTG. I had ordered 034 Engine mounts but they have not shipped yet so Im going to try and cancel that order and get some cheap OEM mounts for now and put the extra money into parts for the Head! Finishing the Head, Waiting on parts and Going back to PAP to get an oil pan that does not look like it survived a Bomb blast are what im waiting on now. Keep your fingers crossed and you might just see the Fox at the GTG otherwise ill be in the exploder

Page 4 of 152 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast