VWVortex

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS MKVI / MK6 Platform, Handy Coding tweaks

1. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      03-22-2010 12:17 AM #51
      Quote, originally posted by Zwagen1 »
      Is there any way to stop my ESP warning light when it is turned off (yeah, I know it's never fully turned off...)?

Not that I'm aware of.
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

2. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      03-22-2010 12:20 AM #52
      Quote, originally posted by TATGUY »
      How do you run the fogs as your DRL's for a MKVI Golf Wagon TDI?
      Thanks.

Please start a new thread and post your complete AutoScan. This has been tested on HID vehicles, but not Halogen equipped HL systems. I can give you a suggestion based on the original coding.
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

Vehicles
      '91 GTI, '13 R
      03-22-2010 08:07 AM #53
      Quote, originally posted by Dana @ Ross-Tech »
      Not that I'm aware of.

Thanks Dana...
      “Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.”
      —Steven Wright

CE

4. 03-22-2010 09:02 AM #54
      Dana, scan sent to support@. Some observations and questions as well.
      Thanks.

5. 03-22-2010 09:25 AM #55
      Dana, I'm just not getting how to change my DRLs from the Xenon headlamp to the halogen fog lamps???
      Appreciate your help.

6. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      03-22-2010 02:39 PM #56
      Quote, originally posted by Skiziks »
      Dana, I'm just not getting how to change my DRLs from the Xenon headlamp to the halogen fog lamps???
      Appreciate your help.

I replied to your email. Let me know if the DRL's moved to the Fog lights as expected.
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

7. 03-22-2010 07:39 PM #57
      Quote, originally posted by Dana @ Ross-Tech »
      I replied to your email. Let me know if the DRL's moved to the Fog lights as expected.

Will do Dana. Thanks.

Vehicles
      VAG 2.0T
      03-23-2010 04:30 PM #58
      Quote, originally posted by dhambrick »
      Changing the color scheme of the radio (Highline, Sportline, Premium) had no effect on the display color of the radio. Anybody successfully changed their (NA) display?

Yes, you have to physically reset the unit to make the change. I BELIEVE you have to hold the eject, and < > buttons at the top of the unit to reset it. Hope this helps.
      Stage II+ Mk6 GTI

Vehicles
      2014 Audi Q5 2.0T, 2009 Tiguan SEL 4-Mo
      03-23-2010 04:32 PM #59
      ^^Correct. This only works (changing the theme) on the RNS510, not the RCD510.
      mine: 2014 Q5 2.0T Moonlight Blue. 1987 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo. Treatment for my midlife crisis.
      hers: 2009 Tiguan SEL 4-mo. Wild Cherry & Cornsilk, RNS-510, Panaroof, running boards, Thule roof carrier

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf TDI
      03-25-2010 10:28 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by Scott Evil &raquo;
      ^^Correct. This only works (changing the theme) on the RNS510, not the RCD510.

So do you change it in VAGCom first, or just use the manual method?
      Thanks!
      2010 Golf TDI 4 Door Shark Blue. DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Nav, Rear airbags

Quote Originally Posted by Outie5000 View Post
      And lets be honest, owning a diesel car is nifty.

Vehicles
      2014 Audi Q5 2.0T, 2009 Tiguan SEL 4-Mo
      03-26-2010 10:49 AM #61
      You can change the theme with VCDS. I don't think the RNS user interface has the option--mine does not.
      mine: 2014 Q5 2.0T Moonlight Blue. 1987 Guards Red Porsche 944 Turbo. Treatment for my midlife crisis.
      hers: 2009 Tiguan SEL 4-mo. Wild Cherry & Cornsilk, RNS-510, Panaroof, running boards, Thule roof carrier

12. 03-26-2010 11:23 AM #62
      Quote, originally posted by Dana @ Ross-Tech &raquo;

DRLs moved to fogs as expected. This change seemed to create a unintentional behavior with the door locks. Normally, removing the key from the ignition "unlocked" all doors, hatch & fuel door. That function is no longer active. Key removal has no affect. No other changes were made. I'd like the key function back though.

13. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      03-27-2010 06:41 PM #63
      Quote, originally posted by Skiziks &raquo;
      DRLs moved to fogs as expected. This change seemed to create a unintentional behavior with the door locks. Normally, removing the key from the ignition "unlocked" all doors, hatch & fuel door. That function is no longer active. Key removal has no affect. No other changes were made. I'd like the key function back though.

Both of the Bits we changed were lighting only. The auto unlock can be configured 3 ways. -Long coding, -Adaptation, and via the dash and -MFA controls.
      My guess is that the adaptation value changed because Auto-Unlock was not enabled in the coding of the scan I have, pre-mod. Check the MFA settings and let me know if it’s off. You can post the current long coding from 09 if this isn't resolved.

My adaptation value explanation is...After unrelated coding changes, I lose my comfort windows...and have to re-enable it via adaptation channel 6, but this only happens half of the time. I suspect it's a module bug.
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

14. 03-27-2010 08:49 PM #64
      Both of the Bits we changed were lighting only. The auto unlock can be configured 3 ways. -Long coding, -Adaptation, and via the dash and -MFA controls.
      My guess is that the adaptation value changed because Auto-Unlock was not enabled in the coding of the scan I have, pre-mod. Check the MFA settings and let me know if it’s off. You can post the current long coding from 09 if this isn't resolved.

My adaptation value explanation is...After unrelated coding changes, I lose my comfort windows...and have to re-enable it via adaptation channel 6, but this only happens half of the time. I suspect it's a module bug.

My bad.
      MFA resolved the issue.
      Now if I could only get the City (parking) light under the xenon lamps to function as my DRL . . . .

Vehicles
      GTI MK4 - GTI MK6
      03-29-2010 01:35 PM #65
      Do anyone on here knows where i could go to have all of this vag-com coding done to my MK6 GTI.. some where in NJ area.. pls plz..

Modified by slicccknut at 10:43 AM 3-29-2010

16. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      03-29-2010 10:43 PM #66
      My bad.
      MFA resolved the issue.

Good deal! I'll add the details to my first post for Xenon vehicles, "Fogs as DRL's". Looks like we need a Halogen vehicle to test this on.

Quote, originally posted by slicccknut &raquo;
      Do anyone on here knows where i could go to have all of this vag-com coding done to my MK6 GTI.. some where in NJ area.. pls plz..

Try here:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1427299
      http://www.vagtoolfinder.com
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

Vehicles
      2010 VW GTI
      03-30-2010 01:08 PM #67
      Quote, originally posted by Stein &raquo;
      Yes, you have to physically reset the unit to make the change. I BELIEVE you have to hold the eject, and < > buttons at the top of the unit to reset it. Hope this helps.

What are the different color themes?
      2010 United Gray GTI
      DSG and everything else...

Fastest Stock MKVI GTI - 14.261 @ 96.17mph

18. 03-30-2010 04:33 PM #68
      Dana,
      Do you know if there is a way to turn off the requirement to hold the brake pedal down when starting a Mk 6 GTI?
      I purchased a Mk 6 GTI and a 2010 JSW TDI for my wife. The JSW does not require the brake pedal to be pressed and and I find it very annoying to have to do this with the GTI. So, hoping there is a way to turn this off.
      BTW, both cars have DSG.
      Thanks!
      Kyle

Vehicles
      VAG 2.0T
      03-30-2010 07:15 PM #69
      Now if I could only get the City (parking) light under the xenon lamps to function as my DRL . . . .

I wish we could figure this out as well.
      For the RNS themes, there is the stock red one, a green one, and a black version with red accents that I have mine set to.
      Stage II+ Mk6 GTI

20. Forum Sponsor Dana @ Ross-Tech's Avatar
      Vehicles
      02 Gti, 12 Tiggy SEL
      03-30-2010 10:20 PM #70
      Quote, originally posted by Desmo_Pilot &raquo;
      Dana,
      Do you know if there is a way to turn off the requirement to hold the brake pedal down when starting a Mk 6 GTI?
      I purchased a Mk 6 GTI and a 2010 JSW TDI for my wife. The JSW does not require the brake pedal to be pressed and and I find it very annoying to have to do this with the GTI. So, hoping there is a way to turn this off.
      BTW, both cars have DSG.
      Thanks!
      Kyle

Not that I'm aware of. I personally don't like it either. I can understand the safety concern with a manual and the clutch pedal...but the Auto. trans when it is clearly in Park?
      Comparing the Jetta Tdi and the Gti might not lead me anywhere but send auto scans of both vehicles so I can compare the modules and coding. http://www.ross-tech.com/contact.html
      Dana Marie

P.S. No Scan = No Soup

Vehicles
      2010 USDM VW GTI
      03-31-2010 01:52 PM #71
      .but the Auto. trans when it is clearly in Park?

Remember Audi in the 80s running over all the kids in garages? Almost put VAG out of business

03-31-2010 02:14 PM #72
      Quote, originally posted by Desmo_Pilot &raquo;
      Dana,
      BTW, both cars have DSG.

Not that I'm aware of. I personally don't like it either. I can understand the safety concern with a manual and the clutch pedal...but the Auto. trans when it is clearly in Park?
      Comparing the Jetta Tdi and the Gti might not lead me anywhere but send auto scans of both vehicles so I can compare the modules and coding. http://www.ross-tech.com/contact.html

That's odd. My TDI DSG does not have this quirk. Starts right up with a turn of the key.

Modified by sfpegasus at 11:18 AM 3-31-2010
      2010 CW Golf TDI DSG 2DR - Euroswitch - LED tails, turns - Clear corners - GTI sideskirts - Audi stainless tips - Porto alloy spare - Plastic battery box - 9W7 Bluetooth
      2013 RS Golf 2.5 6AT 2DR - Bone stock

23. 04-01-2010 11:14 AM #73

Dana, I don't know if this helps, but I just ran down to the parking lot to confirm, but my Canadian spec MkVI GTI with DSG, does not require me to have the brake depressed to engage the starter.
      I've sent you my scan previously, and now knowing this, perhaps a comparison of my scan to Desmo_Pilot's would reveal something helpful?

24. 04-01-2010 11:19 AM #74
      Dana,
      I hear folks all over the forums mentioning this and that little VAG-COM trick. No specific details, just mostly "I did this".
      With that said, there seems to be a growing number of things possible that I don't find in your initial list on this thread or in the thread generally.
      Since I was expecting this to be the "be all, end all" location for coding tweaks, will you be updating and maintaining this list?
      I hate asking folks for their guidance, when this forum should have the answers. Is this a reasonable expectation?
      Thanks!

Vehicles
      a van
      04-01-2010 02:57 PM #75
      subscribed.
      sorry if this has been covered somewhere before, saw it only fleetingly on another post:
      so the parking/city lights CANNOT be activated as the only DRLs operating unless some wiring is done?

Modified by evosky at 12:43 PM 4-1-2010
      twitter x PSN:zerosaint x MUFC x FS: 18" 4x100 TRD Wheels
      Quote Originally Posted by MrSavvy View Post
      I'll break it down for you simple minded people. VWvortex. The VW stands for Volkswagen. And when you create a forum, admins can create sections within the forum. This forum has a section for general car chit-chat. The car lounge. So you see, even though it's a VW forum, you can still discuss other topics.

Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast