Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The vinyl thread

Vehicles
      04 Toyota Tacoma/98 Subaru Legacy
      02-09-2010 06:25 AM #51
      This will be available for pre-order today

Brendan Kelly (of Lawrence Arms)/Joe McMahon (of Smoke or Fire) split called Wasted potential. Vinyl Collective pre-order comes with a one off coffee mug while the Anchor Records pre-order gets you colored vinyl. I don't really need any more coffee cups

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta GLI
      02-09-2010 09:24 AM #52
      Quote, originally posted by patrikman »
      nice, Farmhouse is really hard to find. I should have bought it years ago but I never did. I also regret not buying Story Of The Ghost when I had the chance either. How is the new Trey stuff? I haven't really heard any of it.
      Phenomenal album! I have this one on vinyl as well.

Got outbid by $2 on Farmhouse while I was in class last night I had my max set at $75, and it went for $77.00, however I won Moondance!

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta GLI
      02-09-2010 09:26 AM #53
      I saw TAB in July 2001. John Medeski played on several songs and Trey said it was "the best place to play in the whole world"

I saw MMW w/ DJ Logic at the Electric Factory in Philly in 98 or 99, still to this day the best show I have ever seen! Looking forward to seeing Tab next week!!

4. 02-09-2010 10:22 AM #54
      Quote, originally posted by kenny301 »
      Slapstick, S/T (2xLP on clear vinyl)

awesome

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-09-2010 12:17 PM #55
      Quote, originally posted by kidshorty »
      I'm a big Ben Harper fan, the packaging on these is just awesome

I really really envy your Ben Harper vinyl collection. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]
      I have all of those on CD but damn.............

Quote, originally posted by MochaMike »
      I saw MMW w/ DJ Logic at the Electric Factory in Philly in 98 or 99, still to this day the best show I have ever seen! Looking forward to seeing Tab next week!!

awesome. I have seen MMW probably ten times and DJ Logic once but, together they would be awesome. I really really liked Combustication. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

02-09-2010 12:25 PM #56
      Quote, originally posted by LostBoyScout »
      Vinyl-related question.. my copy of The Antlers - Hospice crackles a ridiculous amount. It's totally annoying. At points it's practically like you're crumpling up a plastic bag or something. It's a new LP, it has one or two light rub marks on it, but otherwise it's totally clean.
      Is this due to a bunch of residual static or something? I dont know what I should do about it. The rest of my albums are fine, it's definitely not the stylus or anything equipment related.

Maybe wipe it down with this? Seems to help sometimes.

XBL: Skip Fourplay

GO SHARKS!!!

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta GLI
      02-09-2010 01:02 PM #57
      awesome. I have seen MMW probably ten times and DJ Logic once but, together they would be awesome. I really really liked Combustication. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

That was the tour we saw, it was off the chart!

8. 02-09-2010 04:28 PM #58

Brendan Kelly (of Lawrence Arms)/Joe McMahon (of Smoke or Fire) split called Wasted potential. Vinyl Collective pre-order comes with a one off coffee mug while the Anchor Records pre-order gets you colored vinyl. I don't really need any more coffee cups

Oh hell yeah! This is very tempting.
      Brendan Kelly was sooo drunk last time I saw Larry Arms. They kind of sounded like *****, but still good at the same time. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta GLI
      02-09-2010 05:18 PM #59

This came today, it's amazing!!

Vehicles
      02-09-2010 08:35 PM #60
      Quote, originally posted by xoutofstepx »
      Oh hell yeah! This is very tempting.
      Brendan Kelly was sooo drunk last time I saw Larry Arms. They kind of sounded like *****, but still good at the same time. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

I havent seen Lawrence Arms play in probably nine years. They haven't changed a whole lot since then. I wish that I would have seen The Broadways or better yet Slapstick play when I was in high school.

11. 02-09-2010 08:45 PM #61
      Yeah, The Broadways and Slapstick would have been awesome to see. Those dudes definitely make good music.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-09-2010 09:33 PM #62
      Today I went down to the only store in town that sells vinyl (except for Best Buy all of a sudden ). I was hoping to pick up the new Hot Chip and the new Massive Attack on vinyl. I was incredibly unsuccessful. Hot Chip comes in on vinyl on the 23rd and the he didn't have a release date for Massive Attack. Me being the packaging whore I am I was somehow able to resist buying either on CD despite the tantalizing artwork and/or deluxe bonus editions. Instead I wound up with:
      the second album from Terranova - Hitchhiking Non-Stop With No Particular Destination

and the new RJD2 - The Colossus

Vehicles
      2009 Tiguan S, 2013 GLI
      02-09-2010 09:38 PM #63
      Today I went down to the only store in town that sells vinyl (except for Best Buy all of a sudden ). I was hoping to pick up the new Hot Chip and the new Massive Attack on vinyl. I was incredibly unsuccessful. Hot Chip comes in on vinyl on the 23rd and the he didn't have a release date for Massive Attack. Me being the packaging whore I am I was somehow able to resist buying either on CD despite the tantalizing artwork and/or deluxe bonus editions. Instead I wound up with:

http://www.insound.com will have the Massive Attack on vinyl but it will be an import, no domestic release of the LP announced so far

Vehicles
      2012 Jetta GLI
      02-09-2010 10:13 PM #64
      What are you guys listening to your vinyl on?
      I have a music hall mmf 2.2 hooked up to a Peachtree Nova to some B&W speakers. I'd like to get an acrylic platter for my tt.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-09-2010 10:23 PM #65
      http://www.insound.com will have the Massive Attack on vinyl but it will be an import, no domestic release of the LP announced so far

thanks but I am not paying $47.99 for an album even if is a triple 180 gram with CD. thats a tank of gas AND the cd for me.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-09-2010 10:24 PM #66
      I have a music hall mmf 2.2 hooked up to a Peachtree Nova to some B&W speakers. I'd like to get an acrylic platter for my tt.

I have crappy turntables hooked up to an old ass mixer which is hookep up to my old Harman Kardon AVR and some vintage JVC speakers.

Vehicles
      02-09-2010 10:46 PM #67

Kenwood KA-405 component amp (55wpc) with a Technics SL-5100 TT that has a Shure M91ED cartridge. Speaker wise I have Royal 4a speakers, but I'll probably be upgrading those soon.

Vehicles
      2009 Tiguan S, 2013 GLI
      02-09-2010 10:59 PM #68
      thanks but I am not paying $47.99 for an album even if is a triple 180 gram with CD. thats a tank of gas AND the cd for me.

don't blame you, heard it may come out domestically in May

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-09-2010 11:07 PM #69
      don't blame you, heard it may come out domestically in May

I will keep an eye out for it. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

20. Senior Member
      02-10-2010 12:22 AM #70
      Quote, originally posted by VR6GTI72 »
      Maybe wipe it down with this? Seems to help sometimes.

Thanks, actually I was talking to the dude at my local indie shop and brought it up, he said to bring it in, and if he can't make it go away he'll replace it. Pretty stoked on that. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

21. 02-10-2010 01:22 AM #71

Thats it, you win... GAME OVER
      seriously when i heard about that split i was so excited. i love smoke or fire and the TLA/broadways/falcon blah blah blah. both awesome vocalists
      going to pre-order now.
      oh and do you read brendan's blog? its pretty entertaining...

Modified by FAINTdubber at 10:23 PM 2-9-2010

Vehicles
      02-10-2010 06:11 AM #72
      Quote, originally posted by FAINTdubber »
      oh and do you read brendan's blog? its pretty entertaining...

I just found out about it the other day. Entertaining is accurate!

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-10-2010 08:55 AM #73
      Quote, originally posted by LostBoyScout »
      Thanks, actually I was talking to the dude at my local indie shop and brought it up, he said to bring it in, and if he can't make it go away he'll replace it. Pretty stoked on that. [IMG]http://**********************/smile/emthup.gif[/IMG]

that's awesome. most of the people at my local shop kind of suck. like I said I was in there yesterday looking for a couple things and the one dude just kind of said "I don't know when we will be getting it in" and just went back to what he was doing. The guy who runs the shop is super cool and is always really helpful but, every time I go in there he is usually on the phone doing orders and stuff so I have to wait to get decent help.

24. 02-10-2010 09:06 AM #74
      you guys should really check out Sadie Hell, they're a local band to me that just released their first album in a record/cd two part set, if anyone wants one you can just shoot me a message on aim and we can figure out shipping
      http://sadiehell.bandcamp.com/

Modified by TheSpaceHasBeenRented at 6:08 AM 2-10-2010

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      02-12-2010 09:31 AM #75
      ^ dude sounds like Cher.

I finally got around to taking a few pics of some of my favortie records.

here we have The Harder They Come soundtrack, a crazy Shel Silverstein (yes the children's author, this is definitely not for kids though) record, Stevie Wonder Innervisions, some Herbie Hancock and some Miles Davis

some Zappa and The Mothers, some Dead and my favorite Zeppelin album

Tom Waits, The Clash, Parliament/Funkadelic

David Gilmore, some Floyd (including an uber rare german import pressing of Obscured By Clouds) and More which is also kind of rare, and Talking Heads

Bob Dylan (including the rare Live @ Budokan and The Basement Tapes w/The Band) and some Violent Femmes

all of The Police albums

Elliott Smith, Sean Lennon, Fishbone, Jim Carroll Band (the guy who The Basketball Diaries was about), Bright Eyes, Medeski Martin and Wood, Tortoise, Tricky

Bonnie "Prince" Billy (Will Oldham) & Tortoise, Iron & Wine and Calexico, Love As Laughter, Ween, & Moist Boyz (Ween side project), Mogwai, Clinic, and Wilco

The Mars Volta and Modest Mouse

Radiohead, Tricky, Felix Da Housecat, Air, Dan The Automator, My Morning Jacket, (The New) Folk Implosion, Pavement

Kraftwerk, Fuse and Plastikman (Richie Hawtin), The Chemical Brothers, Dieselboy

DJ Shadow, Handosme Boy Modeling School (Dan The Automator & Prince Paul), Deltron (Del The Funky Homosapien, Dan The Automator, Kid Koala), Hieroglyphics crew, Digable Planets, Public Enemy, Jeru Tha Damaja, A Tribe Called Quest

El-P, RJD2, Mr. Lif, Aesop Rock, Depot/Camu Tao (R.I.P)

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast