Hi, wondering if someone could advice on the below. CEL is on.
Fist some facts:
- Dealer tells me I need to replace the LDP($400+).
- Other repair shop confirmed the diagnostic, LDP needs to be replaced($200)
- Auto is out of original Warranty but I purchased extended Warranty
- Dealer tells me LDP is no covered by Warranty.
- Told Dealer about TS Bulletins calling to replace Purge Valve(N80) and Hose, as well as one calling to check the Vapor Canister and replace if "X" PN was installed.
So my questions are:
- Do I replace the Purge Valve(N80) and Hose, and get a new Fuel Cap first to see if this fixes the problem(CEL)?.
- Do I check if the Canistier is marked as "X" PN first to see if needs to be replaced according to the TS Bulletin?. If so, guess it will mean replacing the Canister, Purge Valve and Hose as indicated by the TS Bulletin.
- The Canister and LDP are not the same, so will I need to replace the LDP as well, since that is what they are telling the problem is?.
Hope you can help.