Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: LDP or Purge Valve Replacement on 2006 Passat?

1. 02-01-2010 08:49 PM #1
      Hi, wondering if someone could advice on the below. CEL is on.
      Fist some facts:
      - Dealer tells me I need to replace the LDP($400+).
      - Other repair shop confirmed the diagnostic, LDP needs to be replaced($200)
      - Auto is out of original Warranty but I purchased extended Warranty
      - Dealer tells me LDP is no covered by Warranty.
      - Told Dealer about TS Bulletins calling to replace Purge Valve(N80) and Hose, as well as one calling to check the Vapor Canister and replace if "X" PN was installed.

So my questions are:
      - Do I replace the Purge Valve(N80) and Hose, and get a new Fuel Cap first to see if this fixes the problem(CEL)?.
      - Do I check if the Canistier is marked as "X" PN first to see if needs to be replaced according to the TS Bulletin?. If so, guess it will mean replacing the Canister, Purge Valve and Hose as indicated by the TS Bulletin.
      - The Canister and LDP are not the same, so will I need to replace the LDP as well, since that is what they are telling the problem is?.

Hope you can help.
      Thanks
      Fco

2. 02-01-2010 11:02 PM #2
      tech bulletein is right- heres what you could do(not should)
      new fuel cap and n80 are optimal. the hose not so much.
      the canister is simple to check- remove right rear wheel, take a t20 to the screws, pull fender liner, and pull canister, cross reference part numbers to tech bulletein if you have it printed out.

you have extended warranty and they won't good cover it? it is a cel that should be kinda covered.

3. 02-02-2010 02:13 PM #3
      They said its Emissions and they dont cover it. I also think they should plus they have those Tech Bulletins. Think I should talk to somebody else at the Dealer?.

I will replace the Fuel Cap and n80, not to much money nor difficult to do.

Going back to the Canister and LDP. The Tech Bulletin says to replace it if its marked as "X' PN. If so, am I looking at replacing both parts(Canister & LDP)?. Both are a little over $200.

Thanks. Fco

4. Member
      Vehicles
      93 Corrado VRT
      02-12-2010 09:58 AM #4
      replace that N80 valve first. 99% of all EVAP leaks is that N80. if your CEL is on for fault(EVAP leak(small leak) its your N80. if its a gross leak its more than likely your gas cap.
      93 Corrado VRT
      66 Beetle 2332cc(drag car)

5. 02-12-2010 12:09 PM #5
      Hi, thanks for your feedback.
      I replaced yesterday the Fuel Cap and N80 Valve. Havent drive the car much so will report later if it solved the problem, in particular after re-fulling. Now, will the CEL go away by itself or need to go somewhere to remove it?. If so, where?
      Thanks
      Fco

6. 02-13-2010 05:22 PM #6
      go somewhere
      i think pepboys does free scanning still.

7. 02-19-2010 02:16 PM #7
      Thanks. I drove the car for two days and the CEL is gone!!!!!. Hope it stays like that.
      Fco