Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: 84 VW Rabbit Wiring

Vehicles
      1984 VW Rabbit GTi
      02-03-2010 03:16 PM #1
      Hey,

Just got an 84 Rabbit and I'm trying to get all the loose wires hooked up, but I'm not quite sure where everything plugs in. I'm kinda new to the electrical stuff.

Basically, if anyone happened to have a PDF Rabbit manual for models between 80-84 I'd really appreciate it. Or even just a wiring diagram. Currently I'm working on getting the dome light to turn on with the door-ajar. I've found the wire, but again, not quite sure where it goes.

Any help is appreciated.

2. 02-03-2010 04:38 PM #2
      Get a bentley manual, it sounds like this might be a big project.

There is a "torrent" of information on bentley manuals on the internet if you get my drift

Vehicles
      88 fox RIP 86 jetta RIP 81 rabbit RIP, 1984 GTI RIP, 03 Allroad sold, 86 Jetta sold, 87 f150 & ????
      02-07-2010 11:54 PM #3
      Dude... you have a 16v swap... which means the electrical is also swapped. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

You sure you want this car? I'll trade you for a 1972 porsche that needs a engine.

1% defined: Lone wolf, no club. Duct tape it yourself. It is broken down 1% of the time, and work is always 1% completed.
      2% defined: I'm too old to drive broken sh*t and VW people are cool. DBVW!
      Quote Originally Posted by nsindel View Post
      May I introduce Senor SGLoki -
      the man, the myth, the slamdancer...

Vehicles
      '91 MKIII Scirrocco, '78 SuperCab F-150 Quattro with 460 Cu. In. Of Eco terror.
      02-08-2010 02:58 PM #4
      Is this GTI Primer black with blacked out windos and some red racing seats in it?
      We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.

Vehicles
      1984 VW Rabbit GTi
      02-08-2010 04:53 PM #5
      Quote, originally posted by Non_Affiliated »
      Is this GTI Primer black with blacked out windos and some red racing seats in it?

Huh uh. I have other posts with pics of it mang. Yours get stolen or something?

Vehicles
      1984 VW Rabbit GTi
      02-08-2010 04:56 PM #6
      Quote, originally posted by SGLoki »
      Dude... you have a 16v swap... which means the electrical is also swapped. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

You sure you want this car? I'll trade you for a 1972 porsche that needs a engine.

Why the hell would I want your POS porsche? LAwl

And I'm trying to hook up all the necessities like the domelights, horn, front signals, dashlights and stuff.

Also, couldn't find a Bentley manual with any seeders.

Vehicles
      '91 MKIII Scirrocco, '78 SuperCab F-150 Quattro with 460 Cu. In. Of Eco terror.
      02-09-2010 03:01 PM #7
      Quote, originally posted by Goodsmellz »

Huh uh. I have other posts with pics of it mang. Yours get stolen or something?

Nope just wondering if I knew the car, But I will have to look at the pics later. Can't see pics aty work.

We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.