Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

VWVortex

Thread: Eurodyne Maestro: The Bible...

1. 02-21-2010 04:58 AM #1
      well guys i have read through the FAQ and other maestro threads so many times and i have yet to find it anywhere or see it in here....and with just getting maestro would like to know what EVERYTHNING does....so lets see what all we can get....

I would like to get as much information together and have pretty much a bible on what everything maestro can do as far as settings, diagnostics, what eacch variable for each thing you can change and what each setting can do for your car. Hopefully we can get something together folks...

Please dont not use this thread for anything else and keep the trash talking out of here...

UPDATED

1. Boost Control – Opens the Boost Duty, Boost PID, and Maximum VE maps together.

2. Fueling – Opens the Full load Lambda, Battery Voltage Compensation, Injection Correction, Power Enrichment, Load correction and Alpha N maps, along with the Injector Constant window.

>

Quote, originally posted by halchka99 »

Maybe we can define all the following "maps" under fueling to aid us in a better tune.

Fueling:

2. Load correction--- The load correction map will alter the actual load signal ( lowering it will lean out the mixture)
    3. Main fuel correction---
    4. Alpha N DIFFERENT---
    5. Injection correction--- The injection correction map will just change the injector duty (lowering it will lean out the mixture)

6. Drivers wish---
    7. Acceleration fuel---
    8. Decceleration fuel---
    9. Injector constant--- the injector constant will scale the injector duty globally (lowering it will make the car run leaner)

10. Constant for fuel consumption gauge---
    11. EGT threshold for full load lambda ---
    12. Battery voltage compensation---the battery voltage compensation. This values is added to the base pulse width, and have a big effect at idle. If your problem is mostly at idle or low pulsewidths, you may want to lower these values.

13. Full load lambda---
    14. Warmup fuel correction---
    15. Flowmeter---

16. Yes i know there is a maestro thread but specific questions become lost in all the other talk.
      Below i have posted screen shots of the different fueling maps, i think there is 1 missing. I will get that later. Thanks Lou_Y2mK5 for the PPT.

This is from a 1000cc file

3. Spark – Opens the Pump Gas and Race Gas Timing Maps

4. Trace/Map/Cell Editing.

Modified by weenerdog3443 at 8:56 PM 2-21-2010

17. 02-21-2010 09:23 AM #2
      yeah its not "clear" on all its capabilities and functions.

02-21-2010 11:13 AM #3
      should be fun watching this come together .......
      CNC plasma services, offering custom parts, tig welding, sheet metal work,boost tubes, cages made in house, paint/body VAG-COM. need parts made?
      exit0customs mk2 build
      TT-Build APR 225 TT stg3+ For Sale
      dCivW

19. 02-21-2010 11:23 AM #4
      just looking at the menu tree in maestro id say there is over 50 tables you can change. ill try to find some time to count.
      ME7.1 & ME7.5 ecu tuning,readiness dtc deletes, immo off, etc.. if you need any of this cheap email coreyj03@gmail.com

Vehicles
      Now: '15 GTI Then: '12 GTI, '04 GLI, '00 A4 BT, '95 MK3 BT, 3 other MK3's, '91 GTI, '90 Rado
      02-21-2010 11:33 AM #5
      Once my car is up and running (soon) I'll be more than happy to do some step by step videos on how to modify timing and fuel tables to yield the best gains. This type ofthing takes a considerable amount of time and patience. There are honestly only 5 -10 tables and features people really need to be informed about. And since a lot of the hard time consuming leg work has already been done by Eurodyne.

2015 GTI Autobahn - DCC/LP/TECH - APR Stage 1/ 42DD/ VWR

Vehicles
      2003 TTq coupe, 2001 Forester L
      02-21-2010 02:28 PM #6
      That is the point of my Maestro thread, keep all the info together...whenever we get more info it gets posted, creating more threads isn't going to help...
      Audi TT mk1 FAQ zero Porsche wheels given

Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      TCL 1991 edition - Can't afford a CRX, what would TCL do: Hyundai Scoupe vs. Toyota Paseo vs. Geo Storm

22. 02-21-2010 03:56 PM #7
      Quote, originally posted by l88m22vette »
      That is the point of my Maestro thread, keep all the info together...whenever we get more info it gets posted, creating more threads isn't going to help...

the reason i created it was because it seemed to be that yours was becoming more and more of a get the cable to work thread.... Im talking about getting every setting you can adjust what it adjusts to more or less make a pieced together owners manual

Vehicles
      Now: '15 GTI Then: '12 GTI, '04 GLI, '00 A4 BT, '95 MK3 BT, 3 other MK3's, '91 GTI, '90 Rado
      02-21-2010 04:47 PM #8
      We do definitely need this stuff for the learning folk. But we should really try to keep it all in one thread.. just need to keep the valuable info refreshed to the first original post.

I will be adding my vids and info to the original DIY thread, and I'm sure it will be added to the first page with all of the other info

Until then if anyone has any tips or step by steps feel free to submit to the DIY thread.

Vehicles
      02-21-2010 05:09 PM #9
      A tip I can offer to you guys is if your feeling adventurous grab a pen and paper and write down notes of everything you change (original values and modified values). This way once you log following the changes you can either reset, lower or raise the values based on the results. Always good to have someone in the car who knows how to monitor the live data. This way if anything unsafe happens via your value changes you'll know right away and not after the fact. Make small increments.

Edit: if you botch something so bad that you dont know what to do, simply re flash the original tune

25. Member
      Vehicles
      01 TT 225
      02-21-2010 07:19 PM #10
      My opinion is this. Why not have one thread for each different tweaking area of Maestro.

1. Boost Control – Opens the Boost Duty, Boost PID, and Maximum VE maps together.

2. Fueling – Opens the Full load Lambda, Battery Voltage Compensation, Injection Correction, Power Enrichment, Load correction and Alpha N maps, along with the Injector Constant window.

3. Spark – Opens the Pump Gas and Race Gas Timing Maps

4. Trace/Map/Cell Editing.

This would keep things organized and easier rather than trying to sort through tons of pages of info that isn't related to anything in particular.

Vette's thread is good as a place for new users to get started IMO but really it is all over the place and very redundant.

This is just my opinion of how things could be more organized.

P.S. My stand on this thread is BLACK HOLE and try again.

Edit: Also if this was decided as the way to go, it would be best for one user to start all threads so I vote for Vette to start the other ones as well, this way search is easier as well.

Modified by jwalker1.8 at 6:21 PM 2-21-2010

Vehicles
      02-21-2010 07:37 PM #11
      I agree, mine didn't really turn out how I wanted it too, in the end we just need an official guide from Eurodyne, feeling around in the dark isn't working (at least for me)

TCL 1991 edition - Can't afford a CRX, what would TCL do: Hyundai Scoupe vs. Toyota Paseo vs. Geo Storm

27. 02-21-2010 07:59 PM #12
      I agree, mine didn't really turn out how I wanted it too, in the end we just need an official guide from Eurodyne, feeling around in the dark isn't working (at least for me)

yea i know it would be great to have detail on what exactly everything does...

Quote, originally posted by jwalker1.8 »

Edit: Also if this was decided as the way to go, it would be best for one user to start all threads so I vote for Vette to start the other ones as well, this way search is easier as well.

Vehicles
      02-21-2010 08:41 PM #13
      All you need to do is go through all of the pages and gather the useful information from yours and even some good info in the pagparts thread. Then modify your very first post and insert the information you have gathered. Sort of lime how the FAQ is set up.

Vehicles
      02-21-2010 09:03 PM #14
      That looks great!

30. 02-21-2010 09:06 PM #15
      That looks great!

I have off the next 3 days so as well as tearing some wheels apart im gonna be playing with maestro a lil bt try to figure some stuff out